Queen’s Park vs Thistle - 26th October 2024

Result  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 26/10/24 at 14:00

A trip to Hampden beckons to round off a full month of fixtures within Glasgow. 
A very welcome three points for ourselves yesterday and a better performance in spells. Expecting a tougher game in this one, I think it’ll be close.

Edited by R&Y99

Unbeaten in 8 however missing Thomas and Turner yesterday who collectively have provided four of our 10 goals so far this season.  Scoring is definitely an issue, though looking much more assured at the back.  Rode our luck yesterday somewhat.  Should be good enough for at least a draw however if either Thomas and or Turner return, should really be a win

Between this and Morton away the following Tuesday, it feels like a very big week ahead for gauging what our actual aspirations should be for the season.

We haven't lost at home since mid-April, and Thistle are without an away win in the league since visiting Gayfield in March, but that still doesn't fill me with much confidence against a side we've generally been awful against for a significant period of time now.

Our chances of getting a positive result here will depend significantly on how fit Turner and/or Thomas will be; the latter concerns me a good bit more, as I'm worried he's potentially been playing through the same injury that kept him out at the end of last season. Having Thomson back could be huge though.

We played pretty well in the two home games v Thistle last season…… although conceded immediately after going 2-1 up in the first game and had a mad ten minute spell in the second game

Wouldn't be surprised with a third 2-2 between the sides at Hampden

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Swatted aside their women this afternoon, expect similar from the men on Saturday.

Hampden's terrible for this level of football, but will enjoy a Southside booze-o-rama before and afterwards.

Just a few pints before the game for me before bathing in the tears of broken hearted Thistle fans afterwards 😘

PS: agree about Hampden but heyho.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

I do wonder how we will line up this weekend, aside from any potential knocks I would stick with the same side from last week. We really haven’t found a settled team or shape so far this season, a lot of chopping and changing, so this could be the chance to finally have a settled line up.

Still hard to believe we didn’t win either of the Hampden games last season. Two of our better performances. We’ve been digging out results recently, so I’m hoping for similar here. Thistle are always going to carry a threat, though. As with most fixtures in the league, it’s really about who turns up.