Dundee v St Johnstone 26/10/24

Huge derby game for Dundee against their illustrious local derby opponents. 

It's a shame they will be the first victims of Valakari-ball but we can't take prisoners. I know Dundee fans under the age of about 60 either haven't seen their team win anything ever, they've barely even been in Europe (inter toto cup doesn't count) or finished above St Johnstone in the 30 years, but unfortunately they'll have to suffer yet another indignity in what is their big derby day. 

4-0 Saints, Kimpioka double, Nicky Clark free kick and then a howitzer in the last minute from Barry Douglas.  

Don't think we've won a league game at Dens since 2018.

Not sure how we line up or play tbh, be harsh to change the side from Saturday but I'd rather Mikulic come straight in and I don't know if the shape works against Dundee either due to their strength in midfield. 

Sinclair

Wright - Neilson - Sanders - Mikulic - Douglas

Smith - Sprangler - Holt

Clark - Kimpioka 

... maybe?

Edited by RandomGuy.

This will be my first game of the season. Can't wait. Tasting the sweet nectar of the first pint in Trades. Dotting into the all the pubs on the way to Dens. Cheeky wee half bottle for the game and a comfortable 3 points for SJFC.

Dundee away. LAV IT.

Edited by jamamafegan

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This will be my first game of the season. Can't wait. Tasting the sweet nectar of the first pint in Trades. Dotting into the all the pubs on the way to Dens. Cheeky wee half bottle for the game and a comfortable 3 points for SJFC.

Dundee away. LAV IT.

Hiya Simo, Hiya pal.

Sorry guys, although it is hard to believe, I got so busy at work yesterday, that I didn't have time to start the thread, and was going to do it this morning. Anyway, I'll let the fermers have the honour for this one - it is so adorable how half of them they try to make out that this isn't a derby, and then the other half go on about how much they hate the Dees and how much they love getting one over on us because it's local rivalry.

Will be in hospitality for this one, so will be pished by the time we surrender the lead we will have had since the 4th minute... Probably the ideal way to watch us this season IMHO...

27 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Dundee won't be anywhere near as poor as RC were that's for sure so our dodgy CBs and keeper will be in for a tough afternoon. 

They’re not Barcelona.

Plus the pressure of the big derby will no doubt have an influence. 

2-0 Saints 

(Kimpioka, Clark)

31 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

They’re not Barcelona.

Plus the pressure of the big derby will no doubt have an influence. 

2-0 Saints 

(Kimpioka, Clark)

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Obligatory post about it being a derby. 

You Got Me GIF by HULU

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

It is so adorable how half of them they try to make out that this isn't a derby, and then the other half go on about how much they hate the Dees and how much they love getting one over on us because it's local rivalry.

I'm assuming at some point Dundee fans will realise the "derby" chat is wheeled out because they bite at it literally every time it's mentioned, but I guess it won't be this week.