Team of the Season so far

16 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a clue but I’d safely predict that this season’s TOTY would lose to every Championship TOTY for the last 20 years.

This is said every year, it isn’t always true. People love to get misty-eyed about how much better everything used to be.

I’m sure there’s also an element of people being bitter and not wanting to praise any team that does well.

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think in those nine hundred minutes of football Thistle fans have seen enough of him to know that he's an excellent keeper. I rate Ferrie, but all I've seen of him this season was a very dodgy display against Falkirk.

It's team of the season, not team of the last two seasons, that's why Brian Graham's barely been mentioned.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in anyone's team of the season so far, we're all going to have very different views of that at such an early stage, and he was excellent against us too. I just think stating that he's the best goalkeeper in the division after so few matches is a very bold claim, when other guys have been performing consistently at this level for considerably longer.

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in anyone's team of the season so far, we're all going to have very different views of that at such an early stage, and he was excellent against us too. I just think stating that he's the best goalkeeper in the division after so few matches is a very bold claim, when other guys have been performing consistently at this level for considerably longer.

He's Myles better than that diddy.

8 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Purely based on what I've seen this season, with a sprinkle of bias.

Roberts

Adams Mcgowan Henderson Milne

Tait Spencer

Easton Rus Ross

Graham (Only got to be Graham as he scored a decent goal against us, really not many options so far with Dowds and MacIver being injured.)

season 2 friends GIF

I was going to do a team without any Thistle players, no laughing at the back, but the nature of our games makes it really hard to notice opposition players.

We've also been somewhere between shite, underperforming and downright dull this season 

We've had games with Morton, Raith, Hamilton and Livingston where nobody stood out as defences were on top but that was also down to a dearth of chances and some poor finishing.

Queen's Park and Dunfermline were just dirt in their appearances at Firhill. Airdrieonians weren't much better but tried to play a bit of football at least.

Ayr away wasn't up to much either. 

I hate blowing smoke up the arse of the Falkirk Borg collective but Falkirk are the only team to impress me this season. They have a stout defence and their right back gets forward to great effect. Also a central midfield pairing in Spencer and Tait that I would say is the best in the league. They also have got the best out of their misfit supporting attacking players who haven't done much previously in their career like Ross, Nesbitt and Miller.

The best Thistle players this season have been Roberts in goal, O'Reilly and Milne. Graham has found his shooting boots recently. We need Chalmers, Turner and Fitzpatrick to turn things up in the next quarter then we should start moving up the league. Megwa had a good game on Saturday and I think he could be a candidate for best right back by the end of the season.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

4-6-0 for the Dylan's IMO. 

Screenshot_20241023-205552.png

i made Jack FC last year and nocunt batted an eyelid...i was gutted :lol:

Edited by mugen_power

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

They also have got the best out of their misfit supporting attacking players who haven't done much previously in their career like Ross, Nesbitt and Miller.

Tbf when we signed these guys they were only 22, 24 & 25. Likewise MacIver who was 24. Plenty of time on their side to keep improving. 

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Brian Graham's barely been mentioned.

That's maybe because he has a historically consistent record of being an arrogant, cheating, whining little w****r, outwith his undoubted and undisputed abilities as a very talented player. The true stars of the 2024 game need to be the whoie package.

13 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

That's maybe because he has a historically consistent record of being an arrogant, cheating, whining little w****r, outwith his undoubted and undisputed abilities as a very talented player. The true stars of the 2024 game need to be the whoie package.

Well, at least you don't let him get under your skin - that's the main thing.