Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, IainMorton said:

People who hold their phone in one hand and hold it up to the opposite ear when they are on a call to someone.

Even worse are the absolute f**k knuckles that hold the phone 3 inches from their face and conduct phone calls on loudspeaker. 

Do you actually ask for her specifically? I always think that's awkward as f**k. Do you refuse your turn in order to get your special wumin?

And most importantly, is she a proper wid?

There's usually 2 in but the last 2 times I've been in, yesterday and 3 weeks ago, she was nowhere to be seen. I only go to the place because of her tbh cause the other woman is shite. So I've had 2 shite haircuts in 3 weeks now because I'm too polite to just walk out after realising she's no in. :lol:

And the wifey I like is most definitely not a wid. The wifey I don't like is a bit of a milf.

I never shut down my works laptop.  Just lock it and unlock it at the start and end of the day.

Except, when inevitably, after weeks of being on it's become an absolute basket case and I'm forced to do a restart for mine and it's own good.

Takes me ages to get all my notepads and programs opened up again.

There's usually 2 in but the last 2 times I've been in, yesterday and 3 weeks ago, she was nowhere to be seen. I only go to the place because of her tbh cause the other woman is shite. So I've had 2 shite haircuts in 3 weeks now because I'm too polite to just walk out after realising she's no in. [emoji38]

And the wifey I like is most definitely not a wid. The wifey I don't like is a bit of a milf.

Ahh OK. That sounds perfectly reasonable.

Anyone here admit to being the big awkward guy that waits on a specific hairdresser?

There's usually 2 in but the last 2 times I've been in, yesterday and 3 weeks ago, she was nowhere to be seen. I only go to the place because of her tbh cause the other woman is shite. So I've had 2 shite haircuts in 3 weeks now because I'm too polite to just walk out after realising she's no in. [emoji38]

How fucking fast does your hair grow??

I never shut down my works laptop.  Just lock it and unlock it at the start and end of the day.
Except, when inevitably, after weeks of being on it's become an absolute basket case and I'm forced to do a restart for mine and it's own good.
Takes me ages to get all my notepads and programs opened up again.

I'm the same. I got a phone call from IT one day asking why I was on updated software we'd had upgraded 3 times in the last year. Guess that was the last time I turned my machine off. [emoji23][emoji23]

How fucking fast does your hair grow??

Haha usually get mines cut every 3/4 weeks, don't like it getting too long, OCD kicks in I think.

Anyone here admit to being the big awkward guy that waits on a specific hairdresser?

I find that extremely awkward, I've been getting my hair cut with only one other guy in the shop when he's asked to wait on my wifey finishing.

I've no got the guts to do that unfortunately. :lol:

I find that extremely awkward, I've been getting my hair cut with only one other guy in the shop when he's asked to wait on my wifey finishing.

I've no got the guts to do that unfortunately. [emoji38]

Good. It's beastly behaviour.

Used to a place called Brunos in Dumbarton, who regularly had at least 3 people cutting, at weekends there would be 4 or 5.  The owner was a well-known Sellic fan, and all the Sellic fans used to wait for him, so that they could get their 15 minute chat about Sellic with him, and hopefully pick up the Sellic related gossip that he'd picked up from other town timothies.

Wasn't unusual to go in, join the queue (sometimes standing 'cos there were no seats left), and rather than wait for hours, be sitting in a seat getting your hair cut quite quickly, as the bulk of the queue were waiting for Andy.  You literally could be 10th or more in the queue, but actually be 'next' if one of the other barbers became free.

On the very odd occasion I got to the front of the queue and Andy said 'next', I used to take great delight in sitting there talking about Dumbarton.  Being a barber, he was great at knowing loads and chatting about them, and how they were doing, too.  The seethe you could feel as all the Sellic fans waiting behind you as you took up time with him talking about Sons was glorious.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Haha usually get mines cut every 3/4 weeks, don't like it getting too long, OCD kicks in I think.

I've no got the guts to do that unfortunately. :lol:

59 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

egg mayo sandwiches

Any pre-packed sandwiches that have been displayed to look like they have so much filling, it's practically spilling out of the sandwich. Only for you to open it and realise that all the filling was deliberately shoved together in the middle (pre slicing) and that most of the sandwich is just two bits of dry bread flapping together.  Have experienced this with Egg Mayo, Tuna Mayo and Prawn Marie Rose fillings recently.  So disappointing...

6 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Any pre-packed sandwiches that have been displayed to look like they have so much filling, it's practically spilling out of the sandwich. Only for you to open it and realise that all the filling was deliberately shoved together in the middle (pre slicing) and that most of the sandwich is just two bits of dry bread flapping together.  Have experienced this with Egg Mayo, Tuna Mayo and Prawn Marie Rose fillings recently.  So disappointing...

Takeaway sandwiches in this country are just shite. Go to any crappy airport or petrol station in the Med and you can get a sandwich that's you'd pay a fiver for in an Edinburgh deli. I still buy them but we are being peddled dross.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Takeaway sandwiches in this country are just shite. Go to any crappy airport or petrol station in the Med and you can get a sandwich that's you'd pay a fiver for in an Edinburgh deli. I still buy them but we are being peddled dross.

The mark up on them is incredible too. Even the cheapest is probably about a quid, you can get a full loaf for that, and a better quality loaf than is used in the quid sandwiches at that.

10 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Ay ei can agree with that too, even though i like eggs i fear the egg mayo sandwich 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I actually get more annoyed by people who don't have a phone anywhere near their face and are speaking in a loudspeaker but it appears they are just talking to themselves. That should be made illegal under an anti social behaviour act.

I can see why that would upset you. In Leith, a lot of the time they are just talking to themselves!

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There's usually 2 in but the last 2 times I've been in, yesterday and 3 weeks ago, she was nowhere to be seen. I only go to the place because of her tbh cause the other woman is shite. So I've had 2 shite haircuts in 3 weeks now because I'm too polite to just walk out after realising she's no in. :lol:

2 haircuts in 3 weeks is ridiculous, I got my haircut last Friday and that was my first since the start of November last year.  Guy in my work gets his hair cut every Wednesday on his lunch break, I just cannot comprehend it.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I do sometimes, although if the guy I normally go to has just started a hair cut and it's my go, I'll just leave it and take whoever's there. But if I can see he's nearly done and another barber finishes just before him I'll offer that space to the next guy. I was in once and there was one guy in the queue after me, so I did the usual "on ye go mate" and he just shook his head and carried on reading his paper. There was nobody else waiting for a haircut, so the barber stood looking at both of us as if to say "one of you c***s is getting a hair cut right now". Neither of us caved in and the barber just fucked off for a fag, but it was probably the only time I've felt a bit awkward offering up my space - it seems quite a common thing in that barbers and not much gets made of it.

22 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

This is genuine - instructions for making a British Rail sandwich:

BritishRail_color.jpg