Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Energy companies.

Switched energy supplier recently and my old supplier stuck me with a bill for £1200 yesterday after I'd put in our last set of meter readings in Feb. Phoned them up last night to complain and according to them we put an incorrect meter reading in over a year and a half ago (lower than the previous one). They never picked up the mistake so now claim I owe them £850 due to my account being £400 in credit and us underpaying from near on 2 years.

Tonight's phonecall will be interesting.

Strangers picking up my toddler kids who I'm in a standoff with because they fell over and are pouty pretending that they need help to stand up.

Do-gooder vermin :angry:

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Energy companies.

Switched energy supplier recently and my old supplier stuck me with a bill for £1200 yesterday after I'd put in our last set of meter readings in Feb. Phoned them up last night to complain and according to them we put an incorrect meter reading in over a year and a half ago (lower than the previous one). They never picked up the mistake so now claim I owe them £850 due to my account being £400 in credit and us underpaying from near on 2 years.

Tonight's phonecall will be interesting.

They'll insist that as you as you used that energy it will have to be paid for. You could do worse than contact Ofgem or Citizen's Advice :

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/complain-about-an-energy-company/complain-to-your-energy-supplier/

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Well done. Will it be in Colorado or do you need to move?

Nope, I get to stay here. More travel than in my last job from the sounds of it but I can live with that.

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Nope, I get to stay here. More travel than in my last job from the sounds of it but I can live with that.

Excellent. Seeing a bit of Colorado is probably no great hardship.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Excellent. Seeing a bit of Colorado is probably no great hardship.

Well, that's true but I meant a bit Father O'Field. Primarily to the east coast, USA. I'm anticipating a lot of airport food.

4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They'll insist that as you as you used that energy it will have to be paid for. You could do worse than contact Ofgem or Citizen's Advice :

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/complain-about-an-energy-company/complain-to-your-energy-supplier/

Aye I did assume that they'd want it paid. Will get all the details off them tonight and see what the CAB have to say before I shell out £800.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

How would he know? The MOF didn't give one!

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

this^

was pretty petty from GD picking up on a clear accidental typing error

Yeah, not this GD though!

5 hours ago, NJ2 said:

You’re familiar with old man Danger?

Ol' Man Danger, that Ol' Man Danger
He must know somethin' but he don't say nothin'
He just keeps rollin', he keeps on rollin' along...

Second line says it all

Ol' Man Danger, that Ol' Man Danger
He must know somethin' but he don't say nothin'
He just keeps rollin', he keeps on rollin' along...

Second line says it all

Apologies to old man Danger, I seen GD and pedantic in the same sentence and made an incorrect assumption.
Gordon, your work is being confused with the work old man Danger...make of that what you will.

11 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Apologies to old man Danger, I seen GD and pedantic in the same sentence and made an incorrect assumption.
Gordon, your work is being confused with the work old man Danger...make of that what you will.

But it was Granny Danger who made too much about a typing error! Don't know why you're apologising to him...

But it was Granny Danger who made too much about a typing error! Don't know why you're apologising to him...

Then I was correct and your poem/song is lost on me. Jesus Gordon, I’m rushing about after work trying to get a coffee before going to play football. Keep it simple, will you?
Grandmother Dangerous, cease with the pedantry.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Then I was correct and your poem/song is lost on me. Jesus Gordon, I’m rushing about after work trying to get a coffee before going to play football. Keep it simple, will you?

The reference was to Ol' Man Danger saying nothing (of consequence)