Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Living in Lancashire, England.

Got asked by a neighbour the other day if I might be interested in joining the local conservative club. Got a funny look from him when I said I'd rather join Jehovah's Witnesses.

Join the Conservatives, at least you'll get a blood transfusion if you need one.

Jehova's Witnesses don't usually have a bar either.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Join the Conservatives, at least you'll get a blood transfusion if you need one.

Jehova's Witnesses don't usually have a bar either.

My neighbour did explain that the local club serves the best and cheapest pint of Wainwright's bitter in Lancashire. I did briefly consider that but then thought about my ancestors who would be turning in their graves.

The lady from Jehovah's was a definite wid but as you say probably no bar in the place.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My neighbour did explain that the local club serves the best and cheapest pint of Wainwright's bitter in Lancashire. I did briefly consider that but then thought about my ancestors who would be turning in their graves.

The lady from Jehovah's was a definite wid but as you say probably no bar in the place.

TBF Jehova's Witnesses are picking their team well these days. The ones hanging about outside train stations are a huge advance on the mutants from my early memories of them.

TBF Jehova's Witnesses are picking their team well these days. The ones hanging about outside train stations are a huge advance on the mutants from my early memories of them.
Oh aye they arent daft. When the guys come knocking your door they are usually garbed up like movementarians, but I have had it where I answer the door and for a split second wonder why this megawid is on my doorstep, then the wee watchtower pamphlet comes out and shatters any and all "less pure" thoughts.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

at the checkout in asda arbroath with a full trolley. old man waiting behind me has 2 items so i ask if he'd like to go ahead of me. not a eord of thanks was given by the misserable old fucker!

What does an eord of thanks sound like?

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

wonder why this megawid is on my doorstep,

It's a pretty common tactic that. Few years back a minibus load of them turned up in the village. All of them super fit and a door knocking they went :o 

Absolute waste of a 'wid' each end every one of them :( 

When did the Jehovah's start toting around those portable case displays for their Watchtowers? Seems like every town has a couple of miserable-looking c***s with one of those now, scowling at everyone that passes as if disdain will get their numbers up. They were doing the exact same thing at the airport in Phoenix; genuine moment of panic that I was being followed.

We had a team of angry American Mormons in Alloa all last summer. I suppose you would be peeved if you signed up for exotic missionary work and ended up having the pish ripped out of you by neds all day in a dreich Scottish town.

3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

It's a pretty common tactic that. Few years back a minibus load of them turned up in the village. All of them super fit and a door knocking they went :o 

Absolute waste of a 'wid' each end every one of them :( 

The wid-liness may be relative to the area.

For example, the ones I saw on Byres Road the other day were of a significantly higher wid rating than the ones I saw when I got off the subway at Cowcaddens (no euph).

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

For example, the ones I saw on Byres Road the other day were of a significantly higher wid rating than the ones I saw when I got off the subway at Cowcaddens (no euph).

The ones I've noticed in Inverness look like they keep mothballs in the pockets of their frayed tweed jackets. The Mormons are the scary ones in the sharp suits and shiney teeth. They clearly keep their attractive women in the Central Belt in case they're tempted by the men of the North.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's Mormons on Byres Road, not Jehovah's Witnesses. And to follow on from BFTD they're all either American or Chinese.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's Mormons on Byres Road, not Jehovah's Witnesses. And to follow on from BFTD they're all either American or Chinese.

There's JWs down near the Western, while the Mormons tend to be up around the subway.

On Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 23:48, Dee Man said:

Sat watching Noel Fielding doing stand up at Montreal Comedy Festival. As funny as cancer. 

I concur. Had a ticket for that gig last year....

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Jehova's Witness weirdos don't hang about train stations and chap doors hoping to convert you. It is their duty to Jehova, and is to ensure they are saved. They wouldn't pish on you if you were on fire.

Religion is all about people doing the right thing for the right reasons. Thats why they need the threat of eternal damnation hanging over them all the time.  

Everyone else has no morals.

6 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Religion is all about people doing the right thing for the right reasons. Thats why they need the threat of eternal damnation hanging over them all the time.  

They perceive everyone else to have no morals.

FTFY.

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Jehova's Witness weirdos don't hang about train stations and chap doors hoping to convert you. It is their duty to Jehova, and is to ensure they are saved. They wouldn't pish on you if you were on fire.

Dehydrated for the walking? 

My pishe of the day.

Vegans, why? Here in the Jungles of Thailand we eat rat arses when cooked well.  Some snot noses pale fucker telling us that they are vegan, everyone thinks.  Ok when the shite hit the fan, you'll be the first for the roast.

Arseholes!!

Edited by SlipperyP