Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Only daughter which I guess is the same thing in this instance. And first wedding in my family (my brother and sister are useless singletons) so my mum cant stop interfering either. God help us. :rolleyes:

:lol:

ayrgirl and I went out one night for a drink and sat down and planned our wedding. We got to 200 names and stopped in sheer despair. :(

We ended up in the registry office in her village and back for a meal at the local pub, with 20 people.

It was brilliant!

Keep the faith, everything will work out. ;)

Do what i did, have it in another country, so most of my family cant come, in a city where very few people from our works can come, and on a day which cuts out even more people (got married on a monday- good reasons for that) and you have a nice small simple wedding :lol:

I don't think I'll ever get married but should I do so, I'll be asking my girlfriend if we can just elope. Weddings seem, to me, like they're a day for everyone except the couple involved. It's just a chance for parents and various busybody family members to stick their most unwelcome oar in.

If I could arrange a sort of "fake wedding", akin to Kevin's manufactured party in Home Alone 1 (or shower scene in Home Alone 2), of which the only purpose would be the hoarding of wedding gifts, I'd get the best of both worlds.

Too many women seem to think of a marriage as consisting of only one day, the wedding day, instead of thinking of the years that are going to (in theory) come after it.

My car's been sitting underneath a tree all day, and I forgot to put screen wash in. Means a trip to the garage before I can get home, and I need to be home quickly to go out for dinner tonight!

Unfortunately for you, your wife to be seems happy with everyone sticking their neb in otherwise she would tell her maw and the rest to GTF.

To be fair to her after the initial euphoria she is getting a bit p*ssed off too with the amount of folk interfering. She has already told her maw to butt out and is doing her very best, for the sake of diplomatic relations, to not tell my old dear the very same thing. I'm just wary of telling my old dear to ram it as:

1) My folks have offered to contribute and we aint seen the dough yet

2) Our bathroom's getting done soon and we might have to move in with them for a few days :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

I know this is the wrong thread but it's relevant to a couple of previous posts on here.

I've changed my mind - There is a gang up on Rowan Clique, which frankly I find quite sad. :(

By all means ask questions but there is no need to get aggressive.

I know this is the wrong thread but it's relevant to a couple of previous posts on here.

I've changed my mind - There is a gang up on Rowan Clique, which frankly I find quite sad. :(

By all means ask questions but there is no need to get aggressive.

Who is ganging up on her? I merely asked her to be frank, instead of the attention seeking drivel we are all too often subjected to. If she has to tell us she wants to jump from a bridge and kill herself, when asked why by people who obviously care she could at least explain herself in plain English.