Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Exactly. Who the feck wants to read about bumping into trolleys at the supermarket?

Too right.

We have too many nice folk on here.

Well that's bollocks anyway, we had this argument, oh, about a week ago.

Just shows you how much I have been on here. :lol:

I like a debate as much as the next person, but really, we're just repeating the same pish over and over again in this case.

Anyway, I shall leave you to repeat yourselves. Have fun! :)

This indicates you aren't doing your job correctly. You are a mod and must read all posts which are made. Enjoy. :P

And proud! :D

Anyway, where have you been?

Just around.

Haven't felt the need to post on here as often, not many threads which interest me.

Also in the process of moving house - so after tonight I won't be back until next Thursday at the earliest.

Happy days just now though, everything has been going jolly good. :)

Didn't want to start a 'look at the world today thread' but

Shock at women goading toddlers

A jury at Plymouth Magistrates' Court was shown the footage

Footage of four women goading toddlers to fight has "stunned" police and social services in Devon.

The seven-minute footage, filmed at a house by one woman, was shown in a case at Plymouth Magistrates' Court.

In the clip, a boy wearing a nappy was called a "wimp" for not hitting a girl back after she struck him in the face.

Four women admitted child cruelty charges and were released on bail on Wednesday. Det Sgt Andy Kings said the police had been "shocked" by the case.

I didn't see any harm in toughening them up

A defendant

"This was a multi-agency operation with the police and social services working together and every professional that has seen this has been shocked and stunned," he said.

"Locally this is something that is new to us, but we are aware that similar incidents have occurred elsewhere in the country and it is something people need to be aware of."

The film was found by social services.

The boy, aged two, is seen crying after being punched in the face by the three-year-old girl and is told by one of the four women in the room "not to be a wimp or a faggot" and to hit her back.

The four women, all from the same family, are heard laughing as the toddlers are urged to keep on fighting.

'Taunted'

When the boy tries to get away and climb into an armchair, the women shout at the girl to punch him again.

She does and the boy is urged to fight back, but says: "No, I don't want to."

The girl leaves the room, and when she comes back the two are taunted and told to fight again.

The court heard that when interviewed by police, one of the women said: "I didn't see any harm in toughening them up. I done the same with my own children."

One of the women pleaded guilty to causing or procuring the children to be ill treated in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering of injury.

The other three pleaded guilty to jointly inciting the ill treatment of children.

Sentencing was adjourned until 16 March for reports.

The children are in the care of Plymouth City Council's Social Services.

Would the world be that worse a place if these people (the adults) were shot or at least put in jail for ten years?

Work :angry:

Working late tonight, as we wanted to take our time with a new experiment. The whole thing costs about $1000 for 1 experiment, so to make a stupid mistake would be horrible. The whole day is going fine, we extracted the proteins ok, we labelled them fine (not brilliant but usable) and go to read the results. The scanner didnt work. It scanned about 1 line out of 5 so it was unusable.

Now tomorrow, the first thing to be done is find out if it is a problem we can fix (1 person uses it and we dont know their number, they didnt work late). If not can we use someone elses scanner, and if not it means a Road trip to Atlanta/Columbia/Athens to use someone else`s scanners.

This is one of the most exciting experiments we are doing and this happens.

Now for the worst thing, i take very few holidays a year, but for some reason i have taken this weekend as a long weekend. I am going to have to wait until Tuesday to find out the results :angry:

maybe someone will be nice and call me with them :)

Gnight all, have a good weekend :)

PS - You should never go into supermarkets whilst drunk. CCTV have a great laugh at your expense the next day. I should know, I have a bad habit of doing it myself.

Which one though? Were you the drunkard or were you the one laughing?

I was in Tesco once with some pals and one of them was pretty drunk and climbed on the belt which of course overloaded. She didn't like it when the checkout lassie was suggesting that she was fat because the belt wouldn't move with her on it.

I think she needs to get a grip. Everybody has problems in life.

I actually agree with Sam here.

Petty thing that gets on my nerves: the time it takes my son to get ready for school in the morning despite being up since way too early!

How very profound for a man of 24 years. :P

You've been stalking me ;)

Admittedly I only have limited experience (with the planning of my own wedding which thankfully never went through) and that of friends and colleagues, who all say they're in similar situations with their significant others (and their significant others' friends and family).

My ex mother-in-law, whilst a lovely, lovely women (I still visit my ex in-laws occassionally), didn't have a big wedding when she married my ex father-in-law, and I think that's what made her want to live through her daughter's wedding to me, as if it was her own again.

I take it she was good with her tongue then?

When i seen you you were with a girl!! :o

Oh crikey, wait till a certain clique read this post (see the cliques thread).

I take it she was good with her tongue then?

When i seen you you were with a girl!! :o

Nah, the singletons went out for something to eat and muchos wine...i was too tipsy to even think of that i just remember spotting Sam and looking to see who her date was...:D

:lol::lol:

I wasn't on a date, we were out in much the same vein as you were. We just arrived earlier than everyone else for various reasons. ;)

Which one though? Were you the drunkard or were you the one laughing?

I was in Tesco once with some pals and one of them was pretty drunk and climbed on the belt which of course overloaded. She didn't like it when the checkout lassie was suggesting that she was fat because the belt wouldn't move with her on it.

I've been the drunkard, and the one laughing. :lol:

I've been the drunkard, and the one laughing. :lol:

I mind I was taken into the security room for a staff search and while I was being groped by the very attractive manageress I noticed the security guys playing with the cameras and one of them was zooming right in one a woman in wines and spirits to get a look at her. he seemd to paying awfully close attention to her backside! :lol:

Edited by RiG

I mind once I was taken into the security room for a staff search once and while I was being groped by the very attractive manageress I noticed the security guys playing with the cameras and one of them was zooming right in one a woman in wines and spirits to get a look at her :lol:

There are certainly upsides to jobs in security.

We all went out after work a couple of Thursdays ago, and one of us was driving, the rest of us very drunk. After Sportsters closed, we went up to Tesco (I don't remember whose idea it was). Anyway, we got there and decided to engage in friendly, drunken banter with the security guard. I haven't seen him back at work since. :ph34r: