Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

32 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

More than a PTTGOYN, but in the absence of a Ridiculous Things That Have You Seething thread - unnecessary 'traffic calming' measures.

The worst examples being where they've built the pavement out into one lane, usually on the way in or out of a town/village, presumably just to annoy everyone by making them queue at busy times.

Who thought forced queuing was a calming measure?

Also the small speed bumps, which vans and trucks can straddle without slowing down while smaller cars need to slow to a crawl while still destroying their suspension in the process. Not to mention the road surface on the far side of the humps being ripped up by the impact of all the traffic bouncing over them.

Raging.

That's absolutely shocking. If any of the above happened in a care setting rather than a hospital, you have the route of registering a complaint with the Care Inspectorate, and the SSSC would be involved with the neglect by the staff, not to mention the falsification of records. 

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The state of the NHS - and I'm not talking about political cuts. My wife just spent 11 days in Forth Royal and ended up discharging herself because the level of care was shocking. She was left unable to move in a soiled bed for 6 hours. Cardboard bowls of vomit were left beside her all day. She developed bed sores. Some nurses were great but a lot most definitely weren't - lazy bitches who did as little as possible. One of the agency nurses spent most of the night shift asleep on one of the empty beds. Nurses would change her medication, against the Dr's instructions.  Drips were left empty and when the alarm sounded, they'd switch off the alarm and leave the bag untouched. She waited all day for one medication and never got it, next day when the Surgeon was doing his rounds it was on her notes that she'd refused it. She was supposed to be on IV morphine on demand but some days was left for 9-10 hours with nothing, howling in pain and being ignored. 

So, 3 days ago she discharged herself and I took her home where at least she's in a comfy bed and not forced to lie in her own filth. Today, I phoned her GP and asked for a home visit and basically got "What do you expect me to do? I'm not coming out"

Forth Valley is a shambles.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23170488.nhs-forth-valley-patients-did-not-appear-well-cared-for-hospital/

I think there's big differences in the care you get in different hospitals.  My dad has been in Raigmore in Inverness several times and had really superb care but I've heard of people having terrible care in other hospitals.

Surprisingly,  a GP has just visited and said she's heard all these complaints about Forth Valley before. She reckons my wife really should be in hospital but understands why she won't go back to Forth Valley. She's prescribed some meds which might help anyway. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

The state of the NHS - and I'm not talking about political cuts. My wife just spent 11 days in Forth Royal and ended up discharging herself because the level of care was shocking. She was left unable to move in a soiled bed for 6 hours. Cardboard bowls of vomit were left beside her all day. She developed bed sores. Some nurses were great but a lot most definitely weren't - lazy bitches who did as little as possible. One of the agency nurses spent most of the night shift asleep on one of the empty beds. Nurses would change her medication, against the Dr's instructions.  Drips were left empty and when the alarm sounded, they'd switch off the alarm and leave the bag untouched. She waited all day for one medication and never got it, next day when the Surgeon was doing his rounds it was on her notes that she'd refused it. She was supposed to be on IV morphine on demand but some days was left for 9-10 hours with nothing, howling in pain and being ignored. 

So, 3 days ago she discharged herself and I took her home where at least she's in a comfy bed and not forced to lie in her own filth. Today, I phoned her GP and asked for a home visit and basically got "What do you expect me to do? I'm not coming out"

I’m so sorry she had to go through that ☹️

most hospitals are the same just now and it’s a disgrace! 

The gps’s just don’t give a crap anymore! We phone them for service users and they try and send you to A & E for stupid shit!

It’s so scary tbh! Glad your wife’s home in safe hands and hope she’s on the mend soon!

36 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Surprisingly,  a GP has just visited and said she's heard all these complaints about Forth Valley before. She reckons my wife really should be in hospital but understands why she won't go back to Forth Valley. She's prescribed some meds which might help anyway. 

Can she not go into a different hospital or is it you're told where to go, if you don't like it tough?

A man has been jailed after raping a woman on a Tube train in front of other passengers.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-raped-woman-in-front-of-other-passengers-on-london-underground-jailed-13028524

Why did none of the other passengers do anything?  Surely they could've teamed up and stopped it?  Beggars belief.

27 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

GP said she didn't have the option of a different hospital. 

Forth Valley only has Stirling and Falkirk outside of Larbert, and both aren't the infirmaries they used to be. Falkirk does stuff on mental health and (I think) eyes. Stirling is for old folk. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

A man has been jailed after raping a woman on a Tube train in front of other passengers.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-who-raped-woman-in-front-of-other-passengers-on-london-underground-jailed-13028524

Why did none of the other passengers do anything?  Surely they could've teamed up and stopped it?  Beggars belief.

“The bystander effect”

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/bystander-effect#the-theory

6 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

BBC SPOTY - an all-English line-up plus Frankie Dettori, with Mary perishing Earps THE STRONG FAVOURITE!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/67623729

KJT rather than Josh Kerr, Alfie Hewett but not Gordon Reid, how much more English can the BBC get?

Sports Personality of the Year. Who gives a f**k?

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

GP said she didn't have the option of a different hospital. 

That's absolutely brutal, the way the NHS has been deliberately run into the ground is a shambles.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

If he'd put his feet on the seat or lit up a fag they would have went mental with the disapproving looks and tuts 

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

So sorry to here that, it is horrible.

I hope everything works out well for you both.

From recent experience Ninewells is not much better.