Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Adam, not considered speaking to your bosses, and letting them know that you really enjoyed your previous role, but are finding you're not as suited to this new one?

They have already filled my previous role. That was the first thing I asked them as well :(

Guest XaaronPrimus
They have already filled my previous role. That was the first thing I asked them as well :(

Seems that there must be quite a high turnover in your new position and they keep bringing up guys in the old role and then chucking them in the deep end, as it were.

See how the job hunt goes; you could always tell them that to stick it out in the role you will need £X p/h, or else it isn't worth the hassle of dealing with idiot callers.

EDIT: Feck, the last 2 posts I've gone comma mad!

Edited by XaaronPrimus

Seems that there must be quite a high turnover in your new position and they keep bringing up guys in the old role and then chucking them in the deep end, as it were.

See how the job hunt goes; you could always tell them that to stick it out in the role you will need £X p/h, or else it isn't worth the hassle of dealing with idiot callers.

EDIT: Feck, the last 2 posts I've gone comma mad!

That is actually our plan tomorrow. A few of us are going to bring that up, but I seriously think they will just tell us if we don't like it, use the door. They can take others on to do my job, they won't be as good as me (is anyone? :rolleyes: ) but I am sure they would cope.

Guest XaaronPrimus
That is actually our plan tomorrow. A few of us are going to bring that up, but I seriously think they will just tell us if we don't like it, use the door. They can take others on to do my job, they won't be as good as me (is anyone? :rolleyes: ) but I am sure they would cope.

Well, they may see the show of unity/defience as a good sign, and that the extra money may be worth it for increased performances.

Or the could sack you all on the spot.

Guest XaaronPrimus
It worked for me,I handed my notice in at work and got asked to stay with a 2k rise :D

That was my thinking... Only works if they want to keep you though.

Trust me, you would get very bored and very frustrated at the people who phone you up.

I can relate to that.

Some aspects of my job are fantastic like being able to watch the football or go on the internet but half the people that call in are totally stupid.

Call I had last night regarding customer signing up for popular product on her digibox involved her going into the Interactive option then pressing a few buttons to take her to the correct option.

I listened to her attempting this and it was obvious she had pressed the wrong buttons but didnt want to say incase she sounded stupid.

I asked her, "What option are you in on the system?" and she replied that she was in the living room.

I had to put her on mute so I could laugh.

I need 2 new tyres for my car, they will cost me the thick end of £250 :(

My Merc isnt a big flashy number but it cost me £500 to get it serviced a couple of months back.

I like driving it but I dont like paying for it! :D

I can relate to that.

Some aspects of my job are fantastic like being able to watch the football or go on the internet but half the people that call in are totally stupid.

Call I had last night regarding customer signing up for popular product on her digibox involved her going into the Interactive option then pressing a few buttons to take her to the correct option.

I listened to her attempting this and it was obvious she had pressed the wrong buttons but didnt want to say incase she sounded stupid.

I asked her, "What option are you in on the system?" and she replied that she was in the living room.

I had to put her on mute so I could laugh.

My Merc isnt a big flashy number but it cost me £500 to get it serviced a couple of months back.

Sky was brilliant for that sort of stuff, Taking old folk through the system reset thing was always a laugh and you could waste away about 30mins just talking nonsense.

08:30 this morning the queue went from International Security Search right back down the ramp, past the flash car they're trying to raffle, over the link bridge above the ticket desks, round the corner and almost up to the escalators by the Games Zone! :o I, of course, sailed right up to the front as staff but got caught behind two sets of aircrew and took 10 minutes getting through the search area. :( Whit's gaein oan? :blink:

It emptied around 10:30 but I've just been down to the ticket desk/check in area and it's filling up again with passengers. I thought the holibobs were over?! :huh: Am I missing something?! :unsure:

My Merc cost me £500 to get it serviced a couple of months back.

Exactly why my dad punted his - so much cost to run it.

I had a shot of his car last night though and it's like a big go kart...immense! :D