Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have a job interview in Stirling tomorrow afternoon

This would normally be a rtbc (the job isn't in Stirling, before anyone starts), however I have to present them with three references and a letter confirming that I'm not a random jakey.

Despite spending a sizeable chunk of the afternoon on the phone to various doctors in various hospitals, I have only one reference. And no letter.

:bairn

I have a job interview in Stirling tomorrow afternoon

This would normally be a rtbc (the job isn't in Stirling, before anyone starts), however I have to present them with three references and a letter confirming that I'm not a random jakey.

Despite spending a sizeable chunk of the afternoon on the phone to various doctors in various hospitals, I have only one reference. And no letter.

:bairn

Good luck with your interview non the less :cheers

It's nowhere near as annoying as people eating a chippy at their desk, to be honest.

How is eating your lunch at your desk annoying? Only people on diets should care, and that is only them being jealous that they aren't allowed anything tasty to eat.

How is eating your lunch at your desk annoying? Only people on diets should care, and that is only them being jealous that they aren't allowed anything tasty to eat.

Lunch at the desk is fine, but chippies stink the place out!

Lunch at the desk is fine, but chippies stink the place out!

Correct.

Nothing wrong with eating at your desk if it's a sandwich, salad or what have you, but eating a chippy and thus the workplace stinking of fish, chips, salt, vinegar and sauce (or whatever you have on them) for the rest of the afternoon is a pain in the arse.

Some arse hole scratched the side of the car while it was parked in the hospital car park.

Isn't it a Suzuki Alto? Maybe someone trod next to it and the little plastic bit on the end of one of their laces scraped it?

When people take pictures of themselves in the mirror, on their mobile phone.

YOU HAVE A SELF TIMER....... USE IT!!

You can't get a good myspace angle unless you're holding the camera in Hitchcockian fashion.

Folk in shops who put your change on the counter instead of handing it to you. :angry:

That's standard practice in many countries abroad. You extend your hand while they slap the coins on the counter or drop it in a wee dish. I suppose it's their way of letting you see exactly what change you are getting. If you think it's wrong, you can complain before you pick it up.

That's standard practice in many countries abroad. You extend your hand while they slap the coins on the counter or drop it in a wee dish. I suppose it's their way of letting you see exactly what change you are getting. If you think it's wrong, you can complain before you pick it up.

I find a snidey comment suffices. I think i can manage to count how much change i have received whilst it's in my hand anyway. It's not THAT hard.