Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Parents who allow their brat kids to scan all the messages at the self scan. This should be strictly prohibited when there is a queue as it quadruples the length of time I need to wait.

:angry:

Agree.I use the self scan most nights,Why do they allow bloody trolleys down them.Fume.

lost my phone and bank cards! :(

I left my card in the machine in Ocean Terminal last week.I didn't realise till i was at the aforementioned self scan in Asda. I had to leave my booze supply,creep home and borrow money.

Got card back nx day,but i had cancelled it by then.New one not arrived yet....

I'm comparing two of Seamus Heaney's poems: "Death of a Naturalist" and "Blackberry Picking".

I don't usually mind doing essays, but this one's taking the piss.

I remember having to compare two of Shakespeare's sonnets. I hated that part of the course.

English was class.

The best book to write about is, "Cal"!

I quite enjoy English, but it's this aspect of the course that I'm not liking. It's too long and really frustrating if you can't undertsand what you're being asked to do. Finished for tonight, though. I'll just tell him that it was too much to do in one night.

I quite enjoy English, but it's this aspect of the course that I'm not liking. It's too long and really frustrating if you can't undertsand what you're being asked to do. Finished for tonight, though. I'll just tell him that it was too much to do in one night.

It is a bit unpredictable in an exam when you have no clue what the question will be, and just hope to God, that there is one specific to your poems/novel/play. If not, then you're in trouble.

It is a bit unpredictable in an exam when you have no clue what the question will be, and just hope to God, that there is one specific to your poems/novel/play. If not, then you're in trouble.

In most instances you can find a question that can be made to fit around your novel/play/poem if you know the text well enough.

In most instances you can find a question that can be made to fit around your novel/play/poem if you know the text well enough.

Yeah, there will always be one. But you want one that fits in to an extent. I remember in my Prelim getting a question that hardly worked, and trying to fit it into the text was very difficult.

To be honest though, once you pick up the technique, English is fairly simple. As as long as you make reference to the question all the time, and talk about the imagery, themes, vocabulary, connotations, blah blah, then you'll do fine.

Yeah, there will always be one. But you want one that fits in to an extent. I remember in my Prelim getting a question that hardly worked, and trying to fit it into the text was very difficult.

To be honest though, once you pick up the technique, English is fairly simple. As as long as you make reference to the question all the time, and talk about the imagery, themes, vocabulary, connotations, blah blah, then you'll do fine.

That's pretty bang on. I found my marks rocketed when I stopped micromanaging texts, and focussed on central ideas and themes.