Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

Dear Andy

Do you really think a pound a week is going to change my life?

Do you have any idea how much a Sky HD + Multitroom subscription costs?

Feckin' tight-fisted Fifers. :angry:

Yours

Patch.

My Gran sponsored a dog and it wrote to her twice, then died.

Smackhead, no doubt.

:lol:

Dear Andy

Yours

Patch.

Dear Patch,

One pound per week is more than my friend The Phoenix gets. Think yersel lucky.

Andy.

:P:lol:

Guest The Phoenix
Dear Patch,

One pound per week is more than my friend The Phoenix gets. Think yersel lucky.

Andy.

:P:lol:

Dear Andy

Your friend The Phoenix sounds so much more in need than me.

Please cancel my pound a week and set up a direct debit for whatever you can afford in his name.

C'mon The Rovers Patches.

Patch

I was pretty close to it, believe me. But in that position, I would certainly attempt to shut the child up instead of just letting it just greet and scream rather than do nothing, like these folk did the other day.

Unless you are one of the tosspots to which I've been referring. You might enjoy the sound of your wean, assuming you have one, bawl the place down, but other people don't.

Out of interest, how would you "attempt to shut the child up"?

No-one enjoys the sound of their child screaming the place down, but there are times when absolutely nothing's going to stop them. Depending on age, it could be, for instance, that their arse needs changed. Would you enjoy someone doing that on the middle of a bus? Not that they actually could anyway, even if they wanted to. Or maybe they're hungry and the parent doesn't have food. There are any number of reasons why the child could be crying, and few if any have a quick, easy solution.

I'm not even a parent, I just know this stuff through having a young nephew and niece. It's staggering that there are people stupid enough to think that there's some magic formula to stop kids making noise and that people aren't using it because they actually enjoy having a screaming child. I'm also fascinated as to how you'd expect skelping them to make them less likely to cry.

And that's where it's fucked up. Some twat politician telling you how to discipline your kids. I bet they don't have to listen to screaming weans on a bus.

There's a world of difference between a disciplined smack and an abusive right doing :angry:

As opposed to some twat on a forum telling you how to raise your kids?

Hold on a second, those are two of my favourite things. I'm struggling to compute the fact that this combination isn't appealing.

It's an appealing combination alright, however:

I believe the poster is referring to the long running saga iro Roll on Sausage / Sausage on a Roll / Sausage in a Roll / Sausage Roll / Roll and Sausage

This is what I was making reference to.

You can sponsor a dog for a pound a week and it'll write you a letter.

If the dog can write why doesn't it just get a job? Minimum wage should see it clearing £180 per week.

Lounging about watching Jeremy Kyle and playing Pro Evo on PSN.

Dear Andy,

Thanks for sending me a quid a week.

All the best,

Patch. X

My Gran sponsored a dog and it wrote to her twice, then died.

Smackhead, no doubt.

Dear Andy

Yours

Patch.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dear Andy

Your friend The Phoenix sounds so much more in need than me.

Please cancel my pound a week and set up a direct debit for whatever you can afford in his name.

C'mon The Rovers Patches.

Patch

Just to be clear, you knew I wasn't meaning a pound in monetary terms eh? :lol:

You're minted, you send me money!

SCOTRAIL -

despite all the snow having disappeared and mild weather returning :D

Scotrail continue to run an 'emergency timetable' between Aberdeen & Inverness.

This simply involves them running only about half the normal number of trains,

and at different times. The 17.30 Dyce to Aberdeen has not run for about 10 days. :angry:

Seriously - GET A GRIP.

Fubar?

In this case, yeh. It's hardly unique, though.

I wouldn't normally be bothered, but the last time I was in it was early in the night and I was bursting as I got in so headed straight for the bog. Nobody else in there, so automatically it's fairly awkward. After bleeding the radiator, I went to wash my hands and noticed his wee dish just had a solitary pound coin in it, and I felt pressured to put something in. Feeling safe in the knowledge that my back pocket was half full of twenty pence pieces (plus a fiver, and a receipt from somewhere...) I stuck delved deep for a small contribution, but when my hand resurfaced I'd manage to lift 3 pound coins and a penny. Now, I can't very well stick a penny in, or go rummaging for coins of a lesser value, so I had to forfeit £1 for a meagre scrap of paper towel.

Robbing fucker.

In this case, yeh. It's hardly unique, though.

I wouldn't normally be bothered, but the last time I was in it was early in the night and I was bursting as I got in so headed straight for the bog. Nobody else in there, so automatically it's fairly awkward. After bleeding the radiator, I went to wash my hands and noticed his wee dish just had a solitary pound coin in it, and I felt pressured to put something in. Feeling safe in the knowledge that my back pocket was half full of twenty pence pieces (plus a fiver, and a receipt from somewhere...) I stuck delved deep for a small contribution, but when my hand resurfaced I'd manage to lift 3 pound coins and a penny. Now, I can't very well stick a penny in, or go rummaging for coins of a lesser value, so I had to forfeit £1 for a meagre scrap of paper towel.

Robbing fucker.

Surely there were some lollies to pick from?