Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Up by the sea wall on Durdham Downs were you? You dirty little sod. :lol:

I may have been - it was Julia who took me in hand, so to speak. :whistle To be fair, it was in my formative teenage years (15/16-ish) and Julia was a year older than me, and a local; I was the next door neighbour's relative, a 'funny sounding Scottish piece of rough'.

I wisnae gonnae say naw, ye ken?! B)

I suppose it depends on which bit you were in. My Aunt Elaine lived in a converted Mews Stables in the Clifton area of the city. Ultra-posh! Lyn-Marie can give everyone the lowdown on Bristol's charms (NOT a euphamism BTW!). ;)

The Suspension Bridge area is good, (lots of off the beaten track paths in the grubbery* as I recall) as is George's Bookshop just down the road from it. B)

*Grubbery - just like shrubbery, only, if accompanied by a young lady,...it's much, much dirtier! :ph34r:

Unfortunately I didn't live in Bristol itself, but 8 miles outside in a commuter town. I liked Clifton and Hotwells, that was fine, but every other bloody area was just a pile of shite. Plus the 99% of the students that move to Bristol are wankers, take your oxbridge attitude to, well, Oxford or Cambridge - stop treating people that actually live there like scum.

A lot of the nightlife was good though, and apparantly Broadmead is great for shopping now (not that I'd know about that).

Hull is horrible! End of. I had an overnight there inbetween delivering training courses. It's a grim ferry/container port terminal with the last dying vestiges of a fishing industry hanging on by its fingernails. Deeply, Deeply depressing. The only good thing that happened whilst I was there was Henrik Larsson equalising against INGURLAND in the 2006 Euro's whilst I was sitting amongst the '3 Lions have a shit*' boys when I was wearing my Scotland shirt. That was fun! :D:lol:

*That's because they're 'passant' in heraldic terms - ie. cocking a leg against a lampost stylee.....

whereas the Scottish lion is 'rampant', as in 'Ahm gonnae rip yer hied aff ya sassenach bassa.....' :ph34r::D:lol:

:(:(:o

when I say go there, I mean move there for at least 8 months! for work.

I was looking forward to it as well :lol::o<_<:(:(

edit: pttgon was to be that whilst moving arachnids outside earlier i tripped and skinned my knees and I think -given the pain now- have broken a couple of toes :(:thumbsdown:bairn

Edited by theentomologist

when I say go there, I mean move there for at least 8 months! for work.

I was looking forward to it as well :lol::o<_<:(:(

edit: pttgon was to be that whilst moving arachnids outside earlier i tripped and skinned my knees and I think -given the pain now- have broken a couple of toes :(:thumbsdown:bairn

Oh feck! :ph34r: I'm sure there's some decent...parts....of.....Hull....... :(

And I hope you took proper care of said spiders or Middleton Mouse will be on your case and you'd be better off in Hull if that were so! ;)

It really doesn't look right seeing Clyde under the 2nd Division forum.

We shouldn't be this far down the ladder. It isn't right.

At least you still have a stadium to play in ......... for the moment! :P

It really doesn't look right seeing Clyde under the 2nd Division forum.

We shouldn't be this far down the ladder. It isn't right.

Welcome back. Back when The Gray Ghost first started watching football, Arbroath got promoted, and Clyde were there in division 2 to greet us (so that'll be 98?). That was when Alan Maitland assembled a team of 7 foot hammer throwers to bully their way to division one. So in a way, its good to have you back down here.

P&b is too quiet.

HELLO DIE HARD!!!!!

Is that better? I think they're either:

1. Ranger's fans all pissed up, over and out

2. The rest of us - in hiding from the inevitable glory-hunting gloat

3. Over-tired by sunstroke and tossing restlessly, trying to get to sleep between the tingling sunburnt itching of the peely-wally, overcooked Scot and the relentless feeling that 'I've gotta get some rest'. ;)

HELLO DIE HARD!!!!!

Is that better? I think they're either:

1. Ranger's fans all pissed up, over and out

2. The rest of us - in hiding from the inevitable glory-hunting gloat

3. Over-tired by sunstroke and tossing restlessly, trying to get to sleep between the tingling sunburnt itching of the peely-wally, overcooked Scot and the relentless feeling that 'I've gotta get some rest'. ;)

Pah, no consideration for us who can't sleep and need amused. Terrible behavior!

The wee one is really restless tonight.

Joking apart, if he's getting too hot, even with the windows open, try putting a cot blanket in the fridge for 20 minutes then wrapping him up in it and putting him down to sleep. Nappy only mind, so he doesn't feel too uncomfy. After about another 30 minutes, cover him over with another room temperature blanket and he'll not notice, will adjust his body temperature naturally and be in a deep sleep 'til morning so you can post some more on here *ahem* get some well earned rest! ;)

Boys :angry:

:o

:lol:

No just the one..

Ah! How about men...

real men...

men who can handle snakes...

post-1053-1243729912.jpg

post-1053-1243729923.jpg

like Boa Constrictor's...

post-1053-1243729935.jpg

...corn snakes...

post-1053-1243729953.jpg

...and deadly tarantula's. B)

I'm your pagan/nature loving alternative honey! ;)