Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm fat, I'm speccy, and I'm a morton fan. Fuxake, had I also been ginger I might as well have been put down at birth.

Well, I'm fat, speccy and ginger ( and PROUD I might add!) - Never thought that supporting Airdrie over Morton has been my saving grace all these years ! :P

:lol:

I'm fat, I'm speccy, and I'm a morton fan.

I did speak to you at the fives didn't I? I don't remember speaking to anyone of that description, although to be fair, I don't remember much of that night. Sadly there's nothing we can do about the part in bold.

Well, I'm fat, speccy and ginger

Me too! Well, I don't really need specks, just for the PC, and I'm losing the fat, which is a bonus. The downside is I'm going a bit baldy, so in actual fact, when I say "me too!", I actually mean "Ah. I'm relatively similar to yourself, but not enough to really merit a paragraph on a football forum".

Come on Raith, if you manage to win this my coupon will be up and I'll essentially have a free night tonight.

You've come back from 2-0 down, so come on, one more goal isn't too much to ask!

Yay :D

I'm sure B365 are on the verge of closing my account. My bet-profit ratio there is now up at something like 75%.

Yay :D

I'm sure B365 are on the verge of closing my account. My bet-profit ratio there is now up at something like 75%.

If only my success rate was similar!

Still, a decent start to the season gambling wise. I'm not really going to count last weekend, because I could barely see straight when I went into the bookies, so that's an unfair advantage right away.

Share the wealth Fudge. Make a topic called 'Fudges betting tips' or something!

The 75% is only with B365. Every bet, almost without fail, I place there seems to win. My overall gambling % profit is something like 17 or 18% which is still very decent.

So far this season the 3 predictions I've made have been correct (Stenny v Clyde, Annan v QP and St. J v Stenny) although quite a bit of my profit comes from large bets on 'certainties' which probably is pointless for most people.

Guest Dunc?

There was a minutes silence for Paul McGrillen at the Rovers game today, and I'm not sure I agree with it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want a massive argument, and there's no chance I'd ever disrupt a minutes silence, but the man killed himself. A minutes silence, for me, is something that should be reserved for people who've died due to circumstances outwith their control. Cancer, and the likes.

I'm just not quite comfortable with the idea of holding that sort of respectful tribute for someone's who's taken their own life.

There was a minutes silence for Paul McGrillen at the Rovers game today, and I'm not sure I agree with it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want a massive argument, and there's no chance I'd ever disrupt a minutes silence, but the man killed himself. A minutes silence, for me, is something that should be reserved for people who've died due to circumstances outwith their control. Cancer, and the likes.

I'm just not quite comfortable with the idea of holding that sort of respectful tribute for someone's who's taken their own life.

Did he have an link to Raith? If he did then I suppose I can see the point, people at the club may still hold him close and it's a nice way to pay respect, but if this was all over the country then I'm with you here.

I don't necessarily agree with what you say, but I can see where you are coming from, but if you start to put these conditions on minute's silences where does it end ? Murder = minute's silence, suicide = no silence, Death by natural cause aged 90 = no silence , death in road accident aged 32 = silence , assisted suicide aged 65 and terminally ill = no silence.............

Either have a silence when someone dies, or don't imo, regardless of cause of death.

FWIW I think, generally, there are far, far too many silences / appluase at football now

Did he have an link to Raith? If he did then I suppose I can see the point, people at the club may still hold him close and it's a nice way to pay respect, but if this was all over the country then I'm with you here.

No, but he did play for East Fife who were the hosts of the match.

Guest Dunc?

He played for East Fife.

I can see both sides of the debate, I can definitely understand that its still an incredibly sad time. I'm not saying "he hung himself, f**k 'im!". I just don't think its right to be paying respects like that to someone who has killed themselves.

No, but he did play for East Fife who were the hosts of the match.
He played for East Fife.

I can see both sides of the debate, I can definitely understand that its still an incredibly sad time. I'm not saying "he hung himself, f**k 'im!". I just don't think its right to be paying respects like that to someone who has killed themselves.

Well I agree with it then.

However, if this happened at games around the country then as I said before, I'm on Dunc?'s side. Ade Edmond has it right though, far too much grieving at games now when it's really not necessary.