Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I am in a presentation, and the guy next to me is taking photos of each slide. It wouldn't be a problem but his camera makes a merry wee chirp that it seems only I notice, oh, and he is taking multiple shots of each slide.

Were on slide 38, and each chirp is boring right into the core of my soul. It is torture.

What's the topic?

I remember sitting through a whole afternoon of sessions dedicated to incremental improvements in distribution of solder. I was ready to commit murder that day.....

What's the topic?

I remember sitting through a whole afternoon of sessions dedicated to incremental improvements in distribution of solder. I was ready to commit murder that day.....

Quality *chirp* Dependent *chirp* *chirp* Signal *chirp* Classifi - *chirp* - cation. *chirp*.

It wouldn't have been too bad, relevant and reasonably informative, but for that fucking chirping mother fucker of a chirping camera. I was flinching each time he changed slide. It was 47 slides long! He even took photo's of the "Thank you, questions?" slide. Four of them! Thankfully, its finished now. I don't have to murder him.

Oh, and do these people think its funny to put the majority of the speech processing presentations in the only room with no proper fucking sound system? Clowns.

At the risk of sounding geeky though, I have been given a few new ideas for development, software I can use, new things to read and consider etc. etc. so its not like it was pointless. However, its fucking tedious and its a pain in the arse being sober through them. *chirp*

Edited by Vectron

I was supposed to have 81 drops on my van today and i had 97 instead <_<<_<

Im very quiet today in Edinburgh,but we may have a postal strike tomorrow that always makes things busier.Plus it is a bank holiday on Monday and most of my customers will forget,so it will kick off.

I've never been stung, but one stung the baby earlier. <_<

Ooft. No luck. It's kinda just like getting a jag from the doc it subsides and comes back again every few seconds. Also itchy for a couple of hours too.

Don't fancy a baby to enjoy that much. :(

Oh, and don't put vinegar on it. It's a myth that this is effective. Something cold and a bit of antiseptic should do. :)

PS, sorry if I'm not telling you what you don't already know...

The b*****ds at NetResult are reporting all the West Ham v Millwall videos that have been uploaded onto Youtube and are having them removed, including a cracking video of Neil Harris' goal. What a bunch of c***s. I hope the b*****ds die on their way home!

Ooft. No luck. It's kinda just like getting a jag from the doc it subsides and comes back again every few seconds. Also itchy for a couple of hours too.

Don't fancy a baby to enjoy that much. :(

Oh, and don't put vinegar on it. It's a myth that this is effective. Something cold and a bit of antiseptic should do. :)

PS, sorry if I'm not telling you what you don't already know...

I wasn't sure whether it was vinegar or not for wasp stings, so I just put a cold compress on while his Dad rang the doctor's surgery, where they told us to put vinegar on! :lol: They also told us to keep him cool, watch out for the rash/swelling and make sure it doesn't get worse or spread and give him a drop of Calpol. He seems to be ok, he's just really tired because he was due a sleep when it happened. I think he'll be alright but he was inconsolable for a little while after. Adam stamped the fucking thing into the ground though. :lol:

There's something alkali to do with wasp stings but it's so minute a quantity, you're not really neutralising anything by pouring comparitively huge quantities of much stronger vinegar onto it! :lol:

Neutralising the sting, if you were skilled enough to perform such a chemical art, wouldn't ease the pain anyway. It's a myth that only works due to placebo most of the time. Keep cool and he'll be fine. :P

This could be shite, but of the two's (wasps and bees) sting, one is acidic and one is alkaline.

If you put vinegar on the alkaline one, it makes it better, but if you put it on the acidic one, it makes it worse.

I suggest rubbing a docking leaf on it, that seemed to cure all of my childhood ailments.

This could be shite, but of the two's (wasps and bees) sting, one is acidic and one is alkaline.

If you put vinegar on the alkaline one, it makes it better, but if you put it on the acidic one, it makes it worse.

Line one is kind of correct. Line two is rubbish. :P

Quality *chirp* Dependent *chirp* *chirp* Signal *chirp* Classifi - *chirp* - cation. *chirp*.

It wouldn't have been too bad, relevant and reasonably informative, but for that fucking chirping mother fucker of a chirping camera. I was flinching each time he changed slide. It was 47 slides long! He even took photo's of the "Thank you, questions?" slide. Four of them! Thankfully, its finished now. I don't have to murder him.

Oh, and do these people think its funny to put the majority of the speech processing presentations in the only room with no proper fucking sound system? Clowns.

At the risk of sounding geeky though, I have been given a few new ideas for development, software I can use, new things to read and consider etc. etc. so its not like it was pointless. However, its fucking tedious and its a pain in the arse being sober through them. *chirp*

Just like your use of multiple internet 'personalities'. Haven't seen you in ASDA for a while, you still working there?