Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

XBL is a tosser.

And you've allegedly got a baby on the way.

:lol:

For once, G_Man, you've got it absolutely spot on!

You don't like it when someone dares to disagree with you and call you out on your hypocrisy? I guess you probably aren't used to being questioned, given that you normally make your posts pompous enough to send everyone to sleep.

And your allegedly slim

Oh see what i did there <_<

I've never claimed to be slim, so no, I do not see what you did there. However, if I post up a photograph of a photograph of a slim person, then I can claim that I am slim! Is that how it works? You tell me, you're the expert.

Earlier in the evening I was watching Frasier, during the ad-break I learned that it was Lee Evans month on Comedy Central.

EVERY BLOODY MONTH IS LEE EVANS MONTH ON COMEDY CENTRAL.

What is it with these people, does Lee Evans own them or something?

The time for a pleading e-mail has passed, prepare yourself for a foul-mouthed and abusive letter written in my own blood Comedy Central.

Should this prove succesfull, and provided I don't pass out, I will also use this method to lobby for the return of Seinfeld.

Oh clever little boy i see what yer trying to do. Fancy a chip roll?

Is it a real chip roll, or a photograph of someone elses chip roll? And just to clarify, can you provide the phone number of the chippie where you got said chip roll, so that I can get proof that you did in fact really buy a chip roll?

You don't like it when someone dares to disagree with you and call you out on your hypocrisy? I guess you probably aren't used to being questioned, given that you normally make your posts pompous enough to send everyone to sleep.

No, xbl, I don't like it when someone makes absolutely ridiculous claims like economics should bear no consideration on the debate on Independence because "it fluctuates", and accuses any Scots who dare to be sceptical of their Scottish Utopia of representing "cowardice".

No, xbl, I don't like it when someone makes absolutely ridiculous claims like economics should bear no consideration on the debate on Independence because "it fluctuates", and accuses any Scots who dare to be sceptical of their Scottish Utopia of representing "cowardice".

You do seem to be doing a good job of cowardice though. I'm not the only poster who finds it odd that the Unionist lobby feels they don't need to argue their corner. And I can at least admit that I have non tangible reasons, and I don't seek to dress my reasons up as purely tangible, but with a physically impossible standard of proof. Frankly, it smells like cowardice.

I am at least willing to argue my beliefs. I don't hide behind cowardly statements like "its the status quo", "I shouldn't have to argue", "I want physical evidence of the future". Its cowardice.

You do seem to be doing a good job of cowardice though. I'm not the only poster who finds it odd that the Unionist lobby feels they don't need to argue their corner. And I can at least admit that I have non tangible reasons, and I don't seek to dress my reasons up as purely tangible, but with a physically impossible standard of proof. Frankly, it smells like cowardice.

I am at least willing to argue my beliefs. I don't hide behind cowardly statements like "its the status quo", "I shouldn't have to argue", "I want physical evidence of the future". Its cowardice.

I don't seek to dress up my reasons as purely tangible. I have repeated on several occasions that I am as proud to be British as I am to be Scottish. I have made it quite clear that I see absolutely no justification in putting the interests of Scotland before the interests of the rest of the UK. That's every bit as "non-tangible" as your belief that we need to break free of the evil London-knows-best mentality. I'm happy with how Scotland is placed at the present moment. I have no complaints. I don't need to justify it to myself. It is a well-established principle that those who are satisfied with the status-quo don't need to justify it, because by its very definition, it's already here.

I like the way things are right now, and until a hugely compelling case is put forward that forces my head to over-rule my heart, I'm not prepared to support your stance. You seem to have a problem with that.

I like the way things are right now, and until a hugely compelling case is put forward that forces my head to over-rule my heart, I'm not prepared to support your stance. You seem to have a problem with that.

No, I have no problem with that. I do have an issue with some of your hypocrisy, but then, we were all like that when we were young (including myself).

No, I have no problem with that. I do have an issue with some of your hypocrisy, but then, we were all like that when we were young (including myself).

I also take issue with your patronising approach to people. Not just me.

I also take issue with your patronising approach to people. Not just me.

Its true though. I was told the same sort of thing at your age, and I bristled at the suggestion, but fast forward a few years, and they were right. My views have evolved down the years, my posting style has changed, and while there is nothing wrong with being young, it does make you more of an extremist, and blind to your own hypocrisy.

This isn't a fucking sci-fi movie, people have families to consider.

Not jumping off a cliff might be cowardice to some, but it's also common sense to others.

Guest The Phoenix
This isn't a fucking sci-fi movie, people have families to consider.

Not jumping off a cliff might be cowardice to some, but it's also common sense to others.

Pushing him off a cliff sounds quite attractive, even common sense.

Its true though. I was told the same sort of thing at your age, and I bristled at the suggestion, but fast forward a few years, and they were right. My views have evolved down the years, my posting style has changed, and while there is nothing wrong with being young, it does make you more of an extremist, and blind to your own hypocrisy.

:lol:

Up at 4am to take my Brother in Law to the airport to catch a flight out to Orlando.

I don't so much mind the early rise,i get up at 5 normally.But i hate seeing people of on a dark wet morning in Edinburgh,knowing in 9 hours time they will be sitting in 30 odd degrees of heat..

Guest The Phoenix
it was really hard pulling myself out of bed this morning. one of the worst feelings in the world.

I should have read that more carefully at first sight. :lol: