Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Have you checked her bank books, this could set you up for life. Just get on with wiping the old dears arse, she can't live forever.

She isnt that bad, yet... Just very forgetful, less mobile and not really able to kep her old house in order.

Guest The Phoenix

Wan ae my mates came intae my house after the pub last night. I for the life of me cannot find my Thomas The Tank Engine easter egg. I reckon the b*****ds lifted it.

My money's on The Fat Controller.

I reversed my rental car side-on into some bollards. There is a £550 damage excess on this car. I imagine they're going to sting me for the entire sum. f**k sake :P

Were you reversing with a tight steering lock on?

You got it.

They were yellow painted bollards, so there are flecks of yellow paint on the side of the car as well. I was going to try simply magnetising the dents back into place but the paintwork is damaged so they're going to notice regardless.

You got it.

They were yellow painted bollards, so there are flecks of yellow paint on the side of the car as well. I was going to try simply magnetising the dents back into place but the paintwork is damaged so they're going to notice regardless.

Might be worth having a wee go with T-cut or some similair device. What the f**k - the damage is done anyway?

Might be worth having a wee go with T-cut or some similair device. What the f**k - the damage is done anyway?

I had to Google T-Cut there but yep, it's worth a shot. Cheers for the suggestion. Certainly I don't see it getting any worse :D

The sinking feeling you get when the £550 excess appears in your head is incredible. I thought back to when I actually hired the car. The woman behind the counter and I had a little chuckle about it. "Excess waiver insurance? Oh ho ho, I'm not planning to crash, am I? Ho ho ho!" Pride has truly come before a fall on the top floor of the Waitrose car park.

Edited by Swampy

I had to Google T-Cut there but yep, it's worth a shot. Cheers for the suggestion. Certainly I don't see it getting any worse :D

The sinking feeling you get when the £550 excess appears in your head is incredible. I thought back to when I actually hired the car. The woman behind the counter and I had a little chuckle about it. "Excess waiver insurance? Oh ho ho, I'm not planning to crash, am I? Ho ho ho!" Pride has truly come before a fall on the top floor of the Waitrose car park.

I once drove a Luton van for a mate of mine doing a moonlight flit from a mental ex girlfriend. Now, the Luton bit is important. Picture the scene - Putney High Street early Saturday morning. BRAND NEW Mercedes S500 signalling right. No problem, thinks I, I can get round the side of him. Well, the driver's cab did...

5 grands worth of damage to the Merc. £500 excess. Luton van? Not even a scratch. How does that work?