Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Indeed, although I did enjoy Biggins' "On Safari".

Anyway, for today's PTTGOYN, the word, ample.

And in particular the phrase "ample parking".

(usually followed by "at the rear")

Ample Biggins at the rear, have fun...

Edited by gingapar

This forum has been going through a real lull in the last couple of weeks. I think the number of sub forums are really starting to hit. I can't remember the last time there has been so little of interest on general nonsense.

I went to GA for a couple of months at the end of last year and met a bloke who I got on with pretty well. We both ended up leaving GA at the same time (wasn't for us), but we decided to keep in touch as we got on pretty well, we were roughly the same age, and thought it would be good to support each other if the temptation to gamble reared it's head.

We spoke a couple of times a week on the phone and went out for a few beers whenever we had time. He was always quite hard up with cash (said it wasn't because he was back out punting, and stupidly, I believed him) so I helped him out whenever I could. Later I found out that he had been punting in secret, yet I still bailed him out as he had spent money that he needed for food and bills, and didn't think it was fair that his children were having to go without because of his addiction.

I've not been able to get a hold of him for a couple of months now, tried ringing and texting but he never answers or replies. He owes me money (not a lot - £60) from May, so I'm not sure if he's patching me because of this, or if it's because he is back at GA and has been told to cut contact from me in case I start gambling again (GA refuse to believe you can stop gambling without actually going to GA).

Reading this back, I am coming across as a stupid school boy, but I'm really annoyed that I've lost a pretty decent friend over something I haven't had any control over. I honestly couldn't give a monkeys about the money, yet I don't even know if that's the reason that he's burnt me off as a friend.

/rant

Listen to Sonny. He always right.

This forum has been going through a real lull in the last couple of weeks. I think the number of sub forums are really starting to hit. I can't remember the last time there has been so little of interest on general nonsense.

What would you suggest doing to fix it?

To be honest, there isn't a lot that can be done. The forum just gets this way sometimes. However, I do think the number of sub-forums is a killer. I just use this in the background, I'm not going to spend my days clicking around between the forums, especially when there are so many of them. So less forums please!

The "fans" in the Mastercard adverts at the start and end of all the Champions League ad breaks.

Not a single one of those actors have ever attended a fitba match in their lives.

I was invited to go along to the auditions in London for the Dynamo Kyiv ad. So you're probably right.

To be honest, there isn't a lot that can be done. The forum just gets this way sometimes. However, I do think the number of sub-forums is a killer. I just use this in the background, I'm not going to spend my days clicking around between the forums, especially when there are so many of them. So less forums please!

On some other forums there are fewer sub-forums but next to each topic heading is a category (e.g. Sport, Music...) and people can just filter out the ones they don't want. I'd do that.

I listen to a lot of music but I'm not enough of a music buff to go to the music forum often, so I'll miss things that might otherwise interest me. Similarly I'm not a huge TV/film guy - I watch a few shows religiously online but in general don't have the TV on except for football - but I bet one or two threads in that forum would interest me. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. So re-integrating these threads into the general population might make more sense. And if people are genuinely uninterested in something they can filter it out.

On some other forums there are fewer sub-forums but next to each topic heading is a category (e.g. Sport, Music...) and people can just filter out the ones they don't want. I'd do that.

I listen to a lot of music but I'm not enough of a music buff to go to the music forum often, so I'll miss things that might otherwise interest me. Similarly I'm not a huge TV/film guy - I watch a few shows religiously online but in general don't have the TV on except for football - but I bet one or two threads in that forum would interest me. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. So re-integrating these threads into the general population might make more sense. And if people are genuinely uninterested in something they can filter it out.

That's why I use the 'View New Posts' click, so that I don't need to go through individual forums and can click any thread that takes my fancy.

That's why I use the 'View New Posts' click, so that I don't need to go through individual forums and can click any thread that takes my fancy.

Aye but you can't filter from that, can you? I don't really care about amateur football, other sports forums etc. and I'd prefer not to even see those.

Aye but you can't filter from that, can you? I don't really care about amateur football, other sports forums etc. and I'd prefer not to even see those.

Can't you subscribe to individual forums?

Yep. I'm the same. I watch occasional programs, but given that I don't even have a Freeview box or a tv, so there are only a couple of threads that interest me. There have been a few interesting topics that have been started, but they've just been shunted to the assorted forums before they can get going. It annoys me!

But in general, you just get these lulls sometimes, I think we need a new influx of regular posters tbh, a bit of fresh blood to liven the place up. I don't know if its just me, but p&b seems to be getting quieter...

I agree with this post too.