Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Bet you all of the above will be described as atrocious, unfunny, utterly shit, etc. by someone.

Well, that's to be expected - no-one's going to have universal appeal, so there will be someone who says they're unfunny.

Bet you all of the above will be described as atrocious, unfunny, utterly shit, etc. by someone.

Well maybe they don't find them funny? Its all down to what you find funny really. I don't know many people who still like Frankie Boyle but I still think he is hilarious...

Well, that's to be expected - no-one's going to have universal appeal, so there will be someone who says they're unfunny.

You know what I mean though, there is a difference between not finding someone funny, and finding them to be utterly shit atrocious holocausts of human beings!

Guest The Phoenix

You know what I mean though, there is a difference between not finding someone funny, and finding them to be utterly shit atrocious holocausts of human beings!

Yeah, I do.

Russell Howard strikes me as being in both categories and I don't see many leaping to his defence on here whereas most "popular" comedians will at least split opinion.

I have to say that broadly speaking, I don't find comediennes funny at all.

Yeah, I do.

Russell Howard strikes me as being in both categories and I don't see many leaping to his defence on here whereas most "popular" comedians will at least split opinion.

I have to say that broadly speaking, I don't find comediennes funny at all.

I don't mind Russell Howard. He's far from being a favourite, I wouldn't go out of my way to go and see him but I also don't feel the need to switch the television over when he comes on. I think he has a bit of a local appeal to me though, much like Kevin Bridges has here. He doesn't travel too well. He has a few universal lines but overall, Bridges' appeal is to Scotland. I watched his DVD with my sister and she just didn't 'get' a lot of his stuff.

Guest The Phoenix

And no, women just aren't funny in general. Now and again I see a comedienne that can make me laugh but I just have to picture Gina Yashere's face and I'm flex with rage.

Sandi Toksvig has that effect on me.

I cringe to the core when she appears on the TV screen.

And no, women just aren't funny in general. Now and again I see a comedienne that can make me laugh but I just have to picture Gina Yashere's face and I'm flex with rage.

I saw Shappi Khorsandi a few years ago and she was excellent. Then again, whenever I've seen her televised since then she seems to only really have one routine now.

Well I suppose.

Richard Pryor hilarious for me.

Bill hicks. Don't get it.

As for comediennes that lucy porter would probably get it. But she's not funny.

Bill Hicks is terribly overrated. His shows had the same routine for about 5 years and his "sucking satan's cock" skit is one of the most shite attempts at comedy I've ever been subjected to. He's one of these folk that's held up as some sort of counter culture folk hero, but in reality he was just a comedian with a very limited repertoire.

I saw Shappi Khorsandi a few years ago and she was excellent. Then again, whenever I've seen her televised since then she seems to only really have one routine now.

There's something really likeable about her and she is funny. I like Sarah Millican too though I'm always seeing comments on here about how she talks about being fat, being single and eating cake. She really does have more material than that it's just not suitable for a Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow audience (I like him too, by the way).

Bill Hicks is terribly overrated. His shows had the same routine for about 5 years and his "sucking satan's cock" skit is one of the most shite attempts at comedy I've ever been subjected to. He's one of these folk that's held up as some sort of counter culture folk hero, but in reality he was just a comedian with a very limited repertoire.

Yeah, it's that whole anti establishment, blazed his own path, witnessed Waco and all this utter nonsense.

I still don't understand how saying stuff while not smiling makes you a comedian.

George carlin was quite good too.

Especially in bill and ted films.

There's something really likeable about her and she is funny. I like Sarah Millican too though I'm always seeing comments on here about how she talks about being fat, being single and eating cake. She really does have more material than that it's just not suitable for a Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow audience (I like him too, by the way).

Oh, Lyn-Marie. :(

I am fucking FUMING.

I am verge of tears angry.

I am punch walls type furious.

I won an auction for a top on ebay and waited, And waited. And fucking waited. And the woman that sold it didn't bother sending it. So I did exactly what e-bay said, I followed their procedures to the letter and I just got back a stinking nasty message from the woman saying I had 'a cheek' to contact e-bay and if I had messaged her she would have told me the item has been posted. E-bay tells you NOT to contact the seller directly, so I didn't. This is a woman with over 150 feedback on e-bay who doesn't know to click the 'dispatched' icon when she sends something.

I sent her a reply which was, shall we say.....terse (and possibly even curt). :lol:

Fucking thick bitch.

I am fucking FUMING.

I am verge of tears angry.

I am punch walls type furious.

I won an auction for a top on ebay and waited, And waited. And fucking waited. And the woman that sold it didn't bother sending it. So I did exactly what e-bay said, I followed their procedures to the letter and I just got back a stinking nasty message from the woman saying I had 'a cheek' to contact e-bay and if I had messaged her she would have told me the item has been posted. E-bay tells you NOT to contact the seller directly, so I didn't. This is a woman with over 150 feedback on e-bay who doesn't know to click the 'dispatched' icon when she sends something.

I sent her a reply which was, shall we say.....terse (and possibly even curt). :lol:

Fucking thick bitch.

Something similar happened to me once. I bought a fairly expensive t shirt on ebay and the seller didn't mark it as dispatched and it hadn't shown up for around 3 weeks or something. I proceeded to message the seller who didn't respond. This led me to accept that I wasn't going to get the item and as such I got in contact with ebay who gave me a full refund. The t shirt turned up the next day. Pleasing.

I'd like to go and see her show sometime, she's one of the few female comedians that makes me laugh. Also, she's hot.

I work on a library desk and it really fucking annoys me when the next person in line walks up to the desk as soon as the person I'm helping has walked away rather than waiting till I call them over.

There's often things we need to finish away from the desk before we can serve the next person so I have to send them back to the queue anyway, wait until I bloody call you over and am ready!!!!!!