Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye every one is bad for it. Like others say, it takes 5 minutes for someone in HR to send a standard email saying sorry, you didn't get it. With everyone simply blind copied in!

"I'm on it like a bonnet".

I will quite happily do time for the next person I hear saying that.

Only ever uttered by complete cretins.

The mutton dressed as lamb in my work goes through her "on it" routine every Friday like a teenage girl, which involves numerous uses of this and other similar phrases.

Tragic behaviour, I want to ram a stapler sideways down her throat but she'd probably swallow the thing whole.

The NHS have brought in a new online application system which is great because it gives you an online account and saves all your details apart from your personal statement so you don't have to type everything in each time. However, despite the fact that applications are dealt with centrally, all going through the one office who will have your contact details, including the email address you signed up with, they don't contact you unless you've got an interview. How difficult would it be to have a standard email fired out to non-successful applicants? It's incredibly irritating.