Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The 'stumble run' in films when folk are getting chased by something/someone. This is where they very slowly run away in a bumbling gait, and keep turning back to look at the thing/person chasing them, which causes them to stumble frequently. The person doing it always gets caught and usually killed.

Is it petty to absolutely hate everyone you work alongside?

Totally with this. The guy sitting next to me says "how are you?" first thing in the morning, I respond. That's fine but then 10mins later he asks the exact same question.

Guy who sits next to me just said randomly "Its 6 months to the day until its Xmas eve"....I mean what kind of absolute gimp do you need to be to come out with something like that

:lol:

Brilliant

I'm lucky, I really like everybody in my work, well my close workmates, my boss is like a second Dad.

Sound as f**k.

Something is up with net access in Edinburgh. My work wifi is down, the house wifi is down and the work next door has their wifi down.

How's everyone else?

Probably not able to respond if their wifi is down...

Home from Ibiza yesterday. Back to work today at 8. Massive case of the fear. Help.

You're obviously still on Ibiza time, it's 8.30 so you're late
Edited by Swarley

Still on the work throbbers...

I generally cant get out of bed in the morning so I always end up in work after 8 oclock, but I work until 6:30pm every night to cover my hours for the week anyway but this doesnt stop all the other guys in my office making wee comments about me struggling to make my hours for the week or saying "good afternoon" when I walk in at 8:45am. They think they're somehow better than me because they all get in at 6:30am and leave at 4pm-ish. I'm doing the exact same, if not more, hours than they are just pushed to the side slightly and they think they're the dugs clackerbag as a result.

Love to go on a good chibbing spree in here I tell ye.

Oh and the other week there, four of them were putting on their best cockney accents and kidding on they were ordering pints in the UK's oldest pub because one of them had been reading about it.

I generally cant get out of bed in the morning so I always end up in work after 8 oclock, but I work until 6:30pm every night to cover my hours for the week anyway but this doesnt stop all the other guys in my office making wee comments about me struggling to make my hours for the week or saying "good afternoon" when I walk in at 8:45am. They think they're somehow better than me because they all get in at 6:30am and leave at 4pm-ish. I'm doing the exact same, if not more, hours than they are just pushed to the side slightly and they think they're the dugs clackerbag as a result.

Oh and the other week there, four of them were putting on their best cockney accents and kidding on they were ordering pints in the UK's oldest pub because one of them had been reading about it.

As they switch off their computers and leave at 4 (which means they probably doing bugger all from 15.50 feel free to shout,

'Skiiving off early again Cuntos',

Such original 'banter'. I bet they say it loudly enough so everyone in the office hears. You get c***s like that in everyone office. Crawling, creeping hypocritical fucks.

Best thing to do is just utterly blank them. Just don't acknowledge it at all.

Then burn down their houses.

People who say "Good Afternoon"/"Good Evening" when you start a shift should be given one of those new ISIS execution methods.

ETA: Also include the people who say "Oh! Must be me who's going on holiday then! Haw haw haw!"

Edited by Slenderman

Such original 'banter'. I bet they say it loudly enough so everyone in the office hears. You get c***s like that in everyone office. Crawling, creeping hypocritical fucks.

Best thing to do is just utterly blank them. Just don't acknowledge it at all.

Then burn down their houses.

I've started this, done it in my last office in Glasgow too with the same mob. Apparently this company is riddled with c***s with horrendous patter.

People who say "Good Afternoon"/"Good Evening" when you start a shift should be given one of those new ISIS execution methods.

ETA: Also include the people who say "Oh! Must be me who's going on holiday then! Haw haw haw!"

The guy who came out with the "6 months to Christmas Eve" patter does this all the time "Blah blah blah but on the plus side its 27 days until I go on holiday, then I'm back for 21 days and off for another 7 ho ho ho". To be fair everyone in the office knows he's an absolute fucktard.

I've started this, done it in my last office in Glasgow too with the same mob. Apparently this company is riddled with c***s with horrendous patter.

The guy who came out with the "6 months to Christmas Eve" patter does this all the time "Blah blah blah but on the plus side its 27 days until I go on holiday, then I'm back for 21 days and off for another 7 ho ho ho". To be fair everyone in the office knows he's an absolute fucktard.

Sounds like the type that does this to remind himself to put the Brussels on now so they're ready for Christmas dinner.

And I bet when you do come in earlier than your usual start time you get met with one or more of the following;

"Is it lunchtime already?"

"Did you shit the bed or something?"

"Did you sleep here last night?".

Once I've heard the same shite patter 3 times before I've even got to my desk I'm just about ready to ram my peace box down someone's throat!

Folk don't seem to realise that flexi time doesn't just mean starting and finishing earlier than someone working 9 - 5.
Edited by Pepper