Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Reading a book about visiting the 42 grounds in Scotland in one season (Is the Baw Burst, for anyone interested), and the author literally couldn't be more out of touch with smaller clubs if he tried.

Apparently the reason Ayr United don't get massive crowds is the fact that their ground is in disrepair, and should look at building a new one.

Seriously? :lol:

Reading a book about visiting the 42 grounds in Scotland in one season (Is the Baw Burst, for anyone interested), and the author literally couldn't be more out of touch with smaller clubs if he tried.

Apparently the reason Ayr United don't get massive crowds is the fact that their ground is in disrepair, and should look at building a new one.

I read it a while ago and agree that he just didn't have a clue about Scottish football.

I read it a while ago and agree that he just didn't have a clue about Scottish football.

It's genuinely laughable. He goes on to say (about Clyde) "...many other Scottish football clubs must be in envy of Clyde's set up."

U wot m8?

People who queue at the gate before the flight has even been called. I'm about to get it right up them with my speedy boarding!

People who get speedy boarding. Why pay extra to sit on the plane for longer?

Worse than ISIS imo.

People who get speedy boarding. Why pay extra to sit on the plane for longer?

This. Only makes sense when flying Ryanair and theres a large group wanting to sit together, but otherwise I would never pay for it.

The plane isn't going to leave if you're sitting at the gate.

It's genuinely laughable. He goes on to say (about Clyde) "...many other Scottish football clubs must be in envy of Clyde's set up."

U wot m8?

As I said it was a good while ago I read it so can't remember specifics but I remember thinking the same to myself at a lot of the things he was saying throughout the book.

This. Only makes sense when flying Ryanair and theres a large group wanting to sit together, but otherwise I would never pay for it.

The plane isn't going to leave if you're sitting at the gate.

If you can't sit apart for a few hours on a plane there's something wrong with you. Money making racket.

As I said it was a good while ago I read it so can't remember specifics but I remember thinking the same to myself at a lot of the things he was saying throughout the book.

I don't mean to go on, but I really wish I hadn't bothered picking this book up.

He keeps crying on about how he cannot understand why a town such as Livingston, which has approximately 50,000 residents, can't attract more than just over 1000 fans for a game at home to Stenny.

This, from the same bloke who is a Rangers fan and lives, wait for it, in Prestwick.

What a brain dead moron.

I don't mean to go on, but I really wish I hadn't bothered picking this book up.

He keeps crying on about how he cannot understand why a town such as Livingston, which has approximately 50,000 residents, can't attract more than just over 1000 fans for a game at home to Stenny.

This, from the same bloke who is a Rangers fan and lives, wait for it, in Prestwick.

What a brain dead moron.

Worse, someone published it.

If you can't sit apart for a few hours on a plane there's something wrong with you. Money making racket.

This. My wife is concerned that won't be sitting next to each other on our flight to Malta. Not the end of the world.

Think I flicked through that a few weeks ago - is that the guy who claims that Recreation Park is the worst ground in the SPFL?

Didn't get any further than that, but good to read that the rest is of a similar standard of accuracy.

Think I flicked through that a few weeks ago - is that the guy who claims that Recreation Park is the worst ground in the SPFL?

Didn't get any further than that, but good to read that the rest is of a similar standard of accuracy.

I haven't got that far yet, but given he thinks Broadwood is a shining beacon of light in Scottish football and the likes of Somerset deter fans from attending, I'd wager good money it's the same geezer.

The guy who wrote the Shire book "Pointless" talks a load of shite in it too. At one point he calls Albion Rovers and Raith Rovers neighbours and makes similar factual errors throughout.

This guy, factually speaking, is spot on. Very articulate, but his views are from a typical old firm fan/someone with no real knowledge of the Scottish game.

Guesthouses called the likes of 'Cuillin B&B' or the 'Morar Guest House' which aren't anywhere near Skye / Mallaig (or whichever distant area they've taken the name from).

Like the 'Isle of Skye' in Perth...

The crowd at the Tour de France. Get off the road and stop making an arse of yourself.

the crowd is the most exciting thing about the annual MAMIL parade...

Except the crashes, the crashes are good!

What a brain dead moron.

Yep, he's basically the exact (true) stereotype of so many people in Ayr/Prestwick that I grew up with who flock to Ibrox/CP/the Sky box at the weekend rather than going to their local teams, then complain about the low crowds and poor standard, whilst not realising they are a huge part of the problem.