Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

News just in, I thought a telly had been turned over to Dr Who, turns out it's a guy with one of those throat Mic things, I want to hear him when he's had a few.

Saw a guy once remove the mike and take a drag of a cigarette through the hole. I like to see some dedication in adversity.

Exactly. Why not Volvo? It's the Swedish equivalent of an Aberdonian trying to say Ford. Or pork.

Seems a bit counterproductive - it's a brand that's already in the public consciousness, and after this amount of time it's not like we're going to switch en masse to saying it that way.

On the bright side, anyone that does will just be outing themselves as a pretentious fanny.

Seems a bit counterproductive - it's a brand that's already in the public consciousness, and after this amount of time it's not like we're going to switch en masse to saying it that way.

On the bright side, anyone that does will just be outing themselves as a pretentious fanny.

Its the same as Lidl not being called Lidl, but in adverts its preached to us that its Leedle.

I don't care incidently, I still call it Lidl.

There's definitely some brand realignment going on. We're mean to think a vulva/woolwa is some sort of prestige product and not think about some old beast in a dodgy hat driving a 343 hanging around primary schools.

I've not seen the ad, but it sounds like they're maybe going with the actual Swedish pronunciation, as a lot of their language sounds nothing like the way it's spelled - bit like English in that respect.

You've got the likes of Goteborg for example pronounced more or less to rhyme with "kookaburra", and if one in a thousand foreigners managed to pronounce Vaxjo correctly first time, I'd be amazed.

More like Yeutibeuryeh but I get your point. That's why the city encourages the use of "Gothenburg" internationally to protect foreigners sounding like village idiots.

http://international.goteborg.se/

Edited by welshbairn

I bought a new home brew kit today (Mexican beer), but after doing some research it appears I'll not be able to keg brew it as, let's face it, beer served at 18c would taste shite.

Means I'll need to buy a shit load of Grolsch in the coming weeks/months for the bottles to brew it in, and in the meantime go and buy an IPA to keg brew.

Baws.

Wilko for seal top Grolsch style bottles. I got twelve of them the other week