Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Work is very busy at the moment. We have two staff In the yard and warehouse with a huge daily workload, and premises not large enough to cope with the amount of materials that go out over the course of a week. The boss has been trying to get another guy for the yard and warehouse, only to be told they can't afford someone else. We've found out today that we are getting another person in.

A sales rep.

Aye, just what we need. Stupid decision.

Maybe he will be doing half his time in the yard and the other half drumming up new business. Good decision by management. IMO.

I had a look on amazon to see what the options are:

860b342b16.jpg

I'll sell you mine Dave

£95, bargain

Changed days - there were piles of them going for three notes per series a while back in Fopp.

Should still be able to pick them up for a song in the likes of CEX if there's one near you, or failing that in a charity shop that does DVDs - there were certainly enough copies kicking about back in the day...

Work is very busy at the moment. We have two staff In the yard and warehouse with a huge daily workload, and premises not large enough to cope with the amount of materials that go out over the course of a week. The boss has been trying to get another guy for the yard and warehouse, only to be told they can't afford someone else. We've found out today that we are getting another person in.

A sales rep.

Aye, just what we need. Stupid decision.

In fairness, he could be on commission only.

My work is pretty manic just now, lots of beautiful fee paying students needing their documents analysed. Overtime aplenty!

In fairness, he could be on commission only.

My work is pretty manic just now, lots of beautiful fee paying students needing their documents analysed. Overtime aplenty!

I'm going to analyse the wife's documents just now. Fnar fnar.

<snip>...Talk Talk...<snip>...Has anybody else had such issues with them?

Yes.

We basically ended up with dial-up speeds on broadband. After weeks of trying to get laddies in their call centre to look into the wailing noise on the line that was obviously the cause (and also making phone calls virtually impossible), I was basically told they weren't doing anything so suck it up (in business-speak, naturally). When I asked how long they thought I was going to continue to pay for an unusable service, I was told that it was up to me if I wanted to change providers :blink:

Signed up with another provider and got an upgrade to Fibre. Still had the same problem after it was installed, so I contacted them and the problem disappeared after a few days. Hasn't returned.

TalkTalk's business strategy is absolutely barking if that's how they treat all their customers.

I'm glad to see the tabby posting this morning. There is a big hole with barriers round it on his favourite zebra crossing and I thought the big man was in it...

There's been a lot of talk about burial methods on one of the other threads; I'm just seeing how I fancy spending eternity under a thick layer of tarmac at the moment.

I had a look on amazon to see what the options are:

860b342b16.jpg

I'll sell you mine Dave

£95, bargain

Still got mine - it's the DVDs of the specials that I wish I'd bought at the time. They're rarer than hens teeth.

I mind when the stores like Fopp and HMV were selling those boxsets off for a fiver each - someone's making out like a bandit!

Edit: Fuxake - just saw Hillonearth beat me to it :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

I'm uninstalling programs from the wife's laptop before upgrading to Windows 10, and I'm amazed by how many of them are asking for access to installation files on long-deleted paths and media before they'll run the uninstallation process. I thought we were done with this particular brand of shite when Windows 98 went the way of the dodo :angry:

Just a minor annoyance which probably makes me a dick but whenever a celebrity wins money on a game show and they explain which charity they're donating to, the presenter always says "great charity!". Even when it's questionable.

Edited by Slacker

Just a minor annoyance which probably makes me a dick but whenever a celebrity wins money on a game show and they explain which charity they're donating to, the presenter always says "great charity!". Even when it's questionable.

rock_star_ate_my_hamster.png

Well overdue a sequel with modern popsters, surely.

Anyone ever finish the bloody thing?

It was so long ago that the details are sketchy but I remember being in a position to 'win' the game, before all my group members took the huff and quit on consecutive days.

I would bloody love a sequel!

On that note whenever Jonathan Ross had a movie/pop star in for a chat on his show.

I've seen your movie, loved it.

I've listened to your album, loved it.

I've pumped yer wife, loved it.

I walked your dog, loved it