Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This computer has a mind of its own....It is driving me mad...

My works PC has a mouse with a wheel-thingy, and I'm pretty nifty with it, especially minimizing the screen within nano-seconds of the boss coming near. :ph34r: But my laptop at home has a finger-pad (not the right term, I'm sure but you know what I mean) and a clicky button to fix the cursor where you want it before typing.

Switching between the two systems is doing my poor old nut in, thus mucho more typo's and cock-up's when I'm using my laptop until I get more used to it. I sympathise, Capy! :(

My works PC has a mouse with a wheel-thingy, and I'm pretty nifty with it, especially minimizing the screen within nano-seconds of the boss coming near. :ph34r: But my laptop at home has a finger-pad (not the right term, I'm sure but you know what I mean) and a clicky button to fix the cursor where you want it before typing.

Switching between the two systems is doing my poor old nut in, thus mucho more typo's and cock-up's when I'm using my laptop until I get more used to it. I sympathise, Capy! :(

Get yourself a USB mouse for your laptop. Cheap as chips, and most of them have scroll wheels too.

Im sure its a conspiracy. I am convinced that those stupid touch pads are designed for women only. Pretty much every bloke I know with a laptop either complains about it, or buys a mouse, whereas women seem to take to them like a duck to water. <_<

Buy a mouse Kilt! You can usually get them from tesco for around a tenner or something, all you have to check is that it says "USB" somewhere on the box you buy. It saves so much heartache.

Im sure its a conspiracy. I am convinced that those stupid touch pads are designed for women only. Pretty much every bloke I know with a laptop either complains about it, or buys a mouse, whereas women seem to take to them like a duck to water. <_<

I don't mind them at all, the only thing they're bad for is gaming really. I miss the 'pointing stick' mouse device, the thing that looked like a nipple sandwiched between the keys. I always found that the easiest method.

Buy a mouse Kilt! You can usually get them from tesco for around a tenner or something, all you have to check is that it says "USB" somewhere on the box you buy. It saves so much heartache.

You should be able to get them for less than that. The local computer shop in the small town I lived in near Bristol had them for a fiver.

Edited by breakingdecency

Sorry man! Just remember that Craig carries out John McGlynns great work though. :P:lol:

Nah, John McGlynn is really a bit like that christian boy 'St Peter'. Top lad in his own right but without that Jesus lad he'd have nothing to work with.

I would agree. I think the touch pad is much easier to use than a mouse.

You should be able to get them for less than that. The local computer shop in the small town I lived in near Bristol had them for a fiver.

I think mine was about £6 or something, I was just generalising! Plus if he had gone to the shop and found one for say, £6 or £7, then he would have been really pleased that he had got something useful for slightly less than he expected. Such small pleasures make the day worthwhile.

You've ruined that now.

Aye, I hate those ridiculous touch pads as well... they are so fiddly to use compared to a good old mouse!
I don't mind them at all, the only thing they're bad for is gaming really. I miss the 'pointing stick' mouse device, the thing that looked like a nipple sandwiched between the keys. I always found that the easiest method.

That wee nipple was much better than the stupid touchpads! And twisteH, just watch a girl use those touchpads, they find them so easy and natural. <_<

I think mine was about £6 or something, I was just generalising! Plus if he had gone to the shop and found one for say, £6 or £7, then he would have been really pleased that he had got something useful for slightly less than he expected. Such small pleasures make the day worthwhile.

You've ruined that now.

Sorry dear :(

Nah, John McGlynn is really a bit like that christian boy 'St Peter'. Top lad in his own right but without that Jesus lad he'd have nothing to work with.

So it's St John? :lol:

I quite like it, although I'm fairly certain I don't use it properly. They're easy to use. And I'm no girl! :D

I quite like it, although I'm fairly certain I don't use it properly. They're easy to use. And I'm no girl! :D

Poooove, I take it you like it so you don't have to carry a mouse in your manbag? More room for beauty products eh? :P

Those touch pads are absolutely infernal. I also dislike laptop keyboards, which is why I try to avoid using laptops if given the opportunity.

See, another example of manliness!

I am convinced that those stupid touch pads are designed for women only.
I would agree. I think the touch pad is much easier to use than a mouse.
And twisteH, just watch a girl use those touchpads, they find them so easy and natural. <_<

I'm sure there's a perfectly rational reason why women so much better than men at expertly manipulating touch pads with one finger.......... :ph34r::ph34r:

I'm manly enough to be able to use this machinery properly...

Using a mouse with a laptop is like using stabilisers with a bike, or safety gloves with a chainsaw.

Poovery.

Thats very defensive. I assume you are one of the touchpad pooves? Do you not have some flowers to be arranging somewhere?