Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yes, I do believe that if I respect nature and this planet where we all have to exist, I can make some small difference.

And thats all fine (all of your post). Nothing wrong with that, and nothing The Gray Ghost disagrees with. However, do you actually believe the crucial bits, about the spirit of Gaia and all that? "Making offerings" and all that?

Edited to add, petty nag. The Gray Ghost just had to get up to adjust his fan. Annoyingly enough, it was just slightly pointing the wrong way so that The Gray Ghosts face wasn't quite getting the full benefit. All sorted now though. Its a hard life!

Edited to add, it should be emphasised that in a lot of ways The Gray Ghost shares Kilts philosophy. The Gray Ghost is very hot on the subject of animal rights, and is fall for letting animals have their space, and humans theirs. The Gray Ghost is known to be absolutely heartbroken over random animal deaths, and refuses to kill animals when he doesn't have to. The Gray Ghost also tries to do his bit for the environment. However, The Gray Ghost does this without having to have a religion, and without festivals and offerings.

But the above doesn't apply to slugs. Their space is out in the wild, not in The Gray Ghosts garden. The Gray Ghost is taking pleasure in clearing them out of The Gray Ghosts garden, for after all, do plants not also count as living things to be protected and helped?

Edited by The Gray Ghost

Oh ffs insects spread disease and have no 'right' to live. If it were up to Kilt we'd still be covered in woad and dying of dysentry by the time we hit 3 months of age. Mankind's progress has always been acheived by subjugating nature and its stupid bloody animals to our own devices.

Bearing in mind what a shite job we've made of it so far, since industrialisation, capitalism, slavery and exploitation, a return to the simpler way of living would be a vast improvement. Not all insects spread disease and a bunch of the Hunnage have Swine flu - work that one out! <_<

We are the dominant life species on this planet and that is a feck-off responsibility and we're making a complete arse of it. Nukes, pollution, inflation, disease, starvation, wars........oh ye gods....it's just too soul destroying.

No, Paganism is not the 'Magic Cure' to all ills, but at least it gives me and mine some peace of mind and respite from this petty, tortuous existence..... :(

And thats all fine (all of your post). Nothing wrong with that, and nothing The Gray Ghost disagrees with. However, do you actually believe the crucial bits, about the spirit of Gaia and all that? "Making offerings" and all that?

Yes - respect your environment and it will respect you.

Or to put it in simpler terms - dinnae shite on yer ain doorstep! ;)

Bearing in mind what a shite job we've made of it so far, since industrialisation, capitalism, slavery and exploitation, a return to the simpler way of living would be a vast improvement. Not all insects spread disease and a bunch of the Hunnage have Swine flu - work that one out! <_<

We are the dominant life species on this planet and that is a feck-off responsibility and we're making a complete arse of it. Nukes, pollution, inflation, disease, starvation, wars........oh ye gods....it's just too soul destroying.

No, Paganism is not the 'Magic Cure' to all ills, but at least it gives me and mine some peace of mind and respite from this petty, tortuous existence..... :(

Despite the evils of progress global life expectancy has done nothing but increase since, well, civilisation itself. Iron Age citizens could expect to live to 18, on average. I actually can't reason as to how you can see such progress as bad: its blitheringly obvious that the world now is at its richest and most advanced state known. FFS you even managed to get a laptop...

Yes - respect your environment and it will respect you.

Or to put it in simpler terms - dinnae shite on yer ain doorstep! ;)

Or don't and nothing will actually happen anyway. All organisms are limited by space, toxic by-products are, heh, a natural occurence.

Or don't and nothing will actually happen anyway. All organisms are limited by space, toxic by-products are, heh, a natural occurence.

I'd take that on board usually, but, ironically, if we were to respect our environment like I wish we would, Stan and John, the parkies at Barshaw, would be out of a job because they'd have no litter to pick up.

It's a conundrum and no mistake! <_<:(

I'm bloody roastin! No way am I sleeping any time soon :(

'Tis unseasonably warm, I'll grant you. Seriously, try putting you pillow in the fridge for 30 minutes. Cool head, cool heart - trust me! ;)

'Tis unseasonably warm, I'll grant you. Seriously, try putting you pillow in the fridge for 30 minutes. Cool head, cool heart - trust me! ;)

that would mean going to the garage and shifting a lot of stuff about. Our fridge in the kitchen packed in last night <_<. It's slightly cooler now I turned it over :)

that would mean going to the garage and shifting a lot of stuff about. Our fridge in the kitchen packed in last night <_<. It's slightly cooler now I turned it over :)

That's so cool man, sleep well.....

May the Ice Maiden ...post-1053-1243818319.jpg.....

cool you! ;)

Edited by Kilt

I'd take that on board usually, but, ironically, if we were to respect our environment like I wish we would, Stan and John, the parkies at Barshaw, would be out of a job because they'd have no litter to pick up.

It's a conundrum and no mistake! <_<:(

And you were earlier talkng about how you'd be weeing alfresco cos you hadn't found the Barshaw lavvies? :huh:

Went hillwalking yesterday and after spending 10 hours out in the sun I haven't got even a trace of a tan. How is it I can get sun burnt walking from Hampden park to the bus on Saturday but spending 10 hours 3000 feet up does nothing? I did have sun cream on but feck me I thought it was only supposed to stop you burning not tanning as well.

There's no justice :(

My CD player is buggered, I've run out of wine just as the offies are closing, and the probably-soon-to-be-ex boyfriend is behaving like an arse.

In decending order of importance.

Actually i think the wine would be number 1.

And you were earlier talkng about how you'd be weeing alfresco cos you hadn't found the Barshaw lavvies? :huh:

Aye, but that just soaks into the ground, not like the sweetie wrappers, papers, plastic bags etc that get blown all over the place! ;)

They had pony rides for the kids in the park yesterday as well. I didn't realise how much wee a pony could hold until it started - gallons of the stuff! :huh:

Women. Specifically, my woman.

She doesn't know her own phone number and as such enters my phone number everywhere she goes. The sheer volume of shite marketing calls I get is frightening.

aw f**k, i forgot about the plan <_<

FOCUS, man, FOCUS! :angry:

Yeah gods, I feel like his lecherous old uncle, giving relationship tips to junior - 'Now in my day sonny, one glimpse of my steely eyed, manly gaze was enough to melt the memsahib's into total submission. Go and ride her at the canter m'lad. Tally-ho! :D