Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I tell you what is winding me up a bit is Tony Mowbary nickname Moggy or whatever... it is shite. Almost as bad as Muggy !

It's such a crap nickname. Our drummer was talking about that the other day, how papers go out and refer to these footballers as if they are their best friends. Y'know, Mogga, Faddy, Fletch, Caldo, Ronaldoay, Buffono...

Okay, I made the last two up, but you know what I mean.

If I was Mowbray I'd be raging that I've been given such a crap nickname.

"Mogga" isn't anywhere near as bad as "ToMo", but it's still dreadful.

Just call him "Mowbray", FFS.

You've just reminded me of something.

People I work with are always idiots when it comes to saying my name. I've been called Thommo, Toomoo, Tamo, Tomo, Thoma, Toomo, fucking everything except Toma.

Toma.

Toe-ma.

TOMA.

People I work with are always idiots when it comes to saying my name. I've been called Thommo, Toomoo, Tamo, Tomo, Thoma, Toomo, fucking everything except Toma.

Toma.

Toe-ma.

TOMA.

So is that Toma or Toma then? :P

You say it toe-ma? I would almost have been in your badbooks then. I'll save myself the hassle and call you 'The Ginger Princess' instead.

What would you have called me? I'll settle for The Ginger Princess though. :)

Is it no taw-ma?
Thats how i would read it

See, I don't have a problem with people reading the name and not knowing how it would be pronounced, but after I introduce myself to someone and they repeatedly f**k it up it gets a bit annoying.

Remember boys, Toma. Toe-mah.

Toma.

Boiler is rooked. Engineer has just been. Heat exchanger has burst, and that got into the electrics. Cold showers for the next few days. :(

Have you dropped the whole talking in the third person thing? I don't know how you managed to keep doing it for so long :lol:

Have you dropped the whole talking in the third person thing? I don't know how you managed to keep doing it for so long :lol:

Not at all. The Gray Ghost continues to take pains to not talk in the third person on this forum, continuing to do so even when The Gray Ghost does not explicitly refer to The Gray Ghost in The Gray Ghosts posts. You'll notice that in the post you quoted, there is no use of the first person.

Toma.

Toe-ma.

TOMA.

thats interesting I've always read it as having a silent e e.g. Tome-ah