Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'd probably make a joke of it like, "Make yourself at home, eh!" when I'd be meaning, "Put my fucking remote down you cheeky b*****d" whilst making a mental note to never let you in my house again.

Awww, that's nice. Again, I clearly wouldn't do it in the house of people I didn't know very well. Just if I go to my brother's or my best friend's house or someone I know wouldn't be offended.

I finished 4th out of six in the final of the local's talent competition.

But that doesn't even begin to tell the full story.

First of all, six of us qualified for the final for the last few weeks, but two never turned up, so the compere picked two randoms from the lounge, instead of making it just between the four. This got my dander up straight away, as these guys done nothing to be there.

Anyway, I was picked first to sing, and I done a solid version of 'Live it Up' by Mental as Anything. Not my best performance, but solid enough.

So, the other five went up, and apart from one woman who was great, the rest were all awful, including one of the two 'wildcards' who proceeded to swear and shout sectarian shite throughout his performance.

Well, I thought, little competition here.

How wrong I was.

The 'judges' were obviously friends of the neds who were in, as the boy who slurred sectarian shite ended up 20, yes 20, points ahead of me at the end of the 1st round. The two other neds who murdered their first song also got about twenty more marks than me. It's fair to say I was gobsmacked.

Second song came about, and eventually the sectarian boy got disqualified. But his friends didnae, and they mumbled their way through to 2nd and 3rd. Absolute shite they were. The lassie who won it deserved it. She was great.

The thing is, afterwards, I had three separate people come up to me expressing their disbelief at the outcome. They all said I should have been 1st or 2nd.

Bah.

First of all, six of us qualified for the final for the last few weeks, but two never turned up, so the compere picked two randoms from the lounge, instead of making it just between the four. This got my dander up straight away, as these guys done nothing to be there.

Anyway, I was picked first to sing, and I done a solid version of 'Live it Up' by Mental as Anything. Not my best performance, but solid enough.

So, the other five went up, and apart from one woman who was great, the rest were all awful, including one of the two 'wildcards' who proceeded to swear and shout sectarian shite throughout his performance.

How wrong I was.

The 'judges' were obviously friends of the neds who were in, as the boy who slurred sectarian shite ended up 20, yes 20, points ahead of me at the end of the 1st round. The two other neds who murdered their first song also got about twenty more marks than me. It's fair to say I was gobsmacked.

Second song came about, and eventually the sectarian boy got disqualified. But his friends didnae, and they mumbled their way through to 2nd and 3rd. Absolute shite they were. The lassie who won it deserved it. She was great.

The thing is, afterwards, I had three separate people come up to me expressing their disbelief at the outcome. They all said I should have been 1st or 2nd.

Bah.

Nothing to do with the fact that you're a bad singer? :P

I'm really, really bored. Saturday night telly is shit! <_<

Been crap for years,when i gave up working as a chef and got Sat off,i could not believe how bad TV was.I end up on P&B listening to music or reading,im usually to pissed for the x box.

Bah.

Stick to the quiz mate,which pub were you in?

How wrong I was.

Bah.

That's Raploch "talent" competitions for you. :lol:;)

I just fell and cracked my jaw off a table, full weight of my body onto my jaw, ooft, that was sore. However, I got up straight away and carried on with no major drama, reckon I could have a future in boxing ahead of me.

On a completely differnt note, my dog tripped me up at 2 O'Clock this morning and I cracked my head off the tarmack in the car park. Luckily there was a covering of solid ice to break my fall.

I just fell and cracked my jaw off a table, full weight of my body onto my jaw, ooft, that was sore. However, I got up straight away and carried on with no major drama, reckon I could have a future in boxing ahead of me.

Ouch, that sounds like it was a sore one.

On a completely differnt note, my dog tripped me up at 2 O'Clock this morning and I cracked my head off the tarmack in the car park. Luckily there was a covering of solid ice to break my fall.

:D Thank goodness for the ice!

Ouch, that sounds like it was a sore one.

Ha, it was, but I seem to be bearing nop illl affekts watsoheva