Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Was sadly safe and sound and slightly cold.

Battery had power just the ampage on it has gotten so low that it can fail to start. New battery tomorrow.

* cut to shot of weirdcal's body in a ditch *

:o

I'm working tomorrow morning and the thought of getting up early on a Saturday at 7am is absolutely vile.

I used to do 6am starts over the weekend, meaning setting the alarm for 4.30am.

Best solution, do an all nighter, sleep when you get home after work

The police officer said she was taking my details because the incident had been reported and she had to, but she was satisfied, and said (out of their earshot) that I could have parked a little further over. Her colleague spoke to the mentalists, but f*ck knows what he wrote down. When he came back, he said my parking was fine given that the spaces are so narrow.

The ridiculous thing is I'd have happily moved if the woman had asked me when I got back to the car, but instead she wasted everyone's time by hurling abuse at me, and sending her husband for the police.

If I end up getting a ticket, I'm going to go fully berserk though!

So it's an offence to park within the white lines now (according to some bampots)?. They should, as someone else suggested, be charged with wasting police time.

The word 'of' being substituted for 'have'. Starting to see it in newspapers and magazines now. Apparently it's acceptable to stick in a word that kinda sounds like the one you meant to use, regardless of what the word actually means.

<<< grammer not see

The word 'of' being substituted for 'have'. Starting to see it in newspapers and magazines now. Apparently it's acceptable to stick in a word that kinda sounds like the one you meant to use, regardless of what the word actually means.

<<< grammer not see

Another example would be "kinda" instead of "kind of".

Oh, and it's "grammar"..

Impersonators on TV who start each new voice with "Hello, <insert name> here" or "As leader of the <insert political party> party, I'd just like to say...".

If your impression is so bad that you have to tell me who it is you're meant to be, then get the phuque off my telly and either get better or stay off.

<<< grammer not see

Anybody who has left secondary school and uses kind of, would of or should of should be forcibly sterilised.

In fact the worst part of the proliferation of "of" isn't even seeing it written out, it's when you hear people say it. Michael Stewart does it whenever he's on Sportscene and it makes me fucking furious. You can just mark someone as a complete idiot whenever it happens, and I take great delight in correcting them.

I'm in full agreement with you here, Miguel - but the abuse and mangling of the English language which we see and hear daily is a long way from petty, at least in my opinion.

In an age when people endlessly complain about being misunderstood or ignored,I feel they should make the effort to express themselves properly in the first place. Text speak, slang, jargon - neither big nor clever, especially in a multilingual society. Just use plain English!