Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

man dem

Man Dem is the term used for a group of friends or homies. This term originated from the carribean but found its way to the streets of the uk where it is widely used.

Propa gangsta innit blaad.

No wonder I'd no idea what it meant :rolleyes:

That's not the image I gave you though. You thought that up yourself...

That's true. I'd better hop onto DA Baracus' Terrible Ideas thread and see if anyone else has patented the idea. If I'm going to be stuck with the image, I might as well try and coin in some cash from the gay community.

Yeah, it's about time the gay community paid you for what you've put in...

Matron! :P

Damn shame I'm not gay, actually. Apparently fat hairy blokes are all the rage on the gay scene. I'd be the Richard Gere of the homosexual world!

Uhh...hold on...

Folk who give negative feedback on eBay because they needed an item to arrive URGENTLY (usually for a birthday/Christmas present), but weren't prepared to pay the extra shipping for Special Delivery.

How is it my fault that you're a cheapskate, procrastinating moron?

Folk who give negative feedback on eBay because they needed an item to arrive URGENTLY (usually for a birthday/Christmas present), but weren't prepared to pay the extra shipping for Special Delivery.

How is it my fault that you're a cheapskate, procrastinating moron?

I've never really understood that and its why I'll always check a sellers feedback to see why it's not 100%. It's usually due to stupid reasons beyond the sellers control such as "the postman left the item in the rain".

You need to appeal the negative rating. Or do eBay shaft sellers nowadays and just believe whatever the buyer says?

Clyde til we die was the pervert who followed SaintSam to a game and played with himself under his coat while staring at her from behind.

I've got a negative mark on my account because the guy although admitted the jacket was as described when he got it he didn't actually like it

I received a counterfeit CD which had different music on it than was printed on the CD itself and the sleeve notes. The guy basically told me to feck off when i complained as he had never had any problems before. When I gave him a bad review, he responded by making a comment in his feedback that I had stolen the money to pay for the CD! Eventually e-bay removed the comment after me pursuing them.

I've never really understood that and its why I'll always check a sellers feedback to see why it's not 100%. It's usually due to stupid reasons beyond the sellers control such as "the postman left the item in the rain".

You need to appeal the negative rating. Or do eBay shaft sellers nowadays and just believe whatever the buyer says?

I've never been able to get eBay to rescind negative feedback - thankfully it doesn't happen too often, and I sell enough that one or two reds per year doesn't affect my score too much. I used to just leave a patient follow-up feedback message explaining why the buyer had left it (or just wondering why, in some cases), but it looks like eBay have done away with that feature now. Shows how long it's been since I needed to use it :lol:

My favourite bit of negative feedback was left by a London-based Nigerian priest, who bought some computer hardware from me at 2pm and paid for Next Day Special Delivery. I came back from the Post Office to find that the mentalist had left negative feedback by 5pm because the item hadn't already arrived! Naturally it arrived with him on the morning of the next day, and he absolutely lost his mind over email; the item was no use to him now because it "arrived so late", and he was clearly offended that I hadn't somehow managed to stop the parcel in transit once he left his feedback. He was such a memorable lunatic that I actually Googled him, only to find a thread on some forum dedicated to people's stories about his insanity :lol:

eBay themselves are good with the lunacy at times too. I had my selling privileges revoked for a week a while back because I was selling a copy of the John Wayne film McLintock. The cover features a picture of Wayne spanking co-star Maureen O'Hara, which eBay's killbots claimed broke their obscene materials rules - a fifty year old Universal-rated comedy western that's sold by hundreds of other sellers on their site! I got one of their customer service drones on chat, which is the only way of contacting them, and was told "it would be in your best interests to sit out your ban and let this go" :mellow:

They really could use a few decent competitors now. Getting them to sort something out when they f**k up is almost impossible.

Ebay idiots is a good call.

Best one I had one some fuckwit from Ayrshire who bought a Sidewinder gamepad off me and paid more than what it was in the shops. Nice one, I though...

No, six weeks later I notice a £25 reverse transaction in my bank account and tracked it down to ebay and paypal.

Fucker had claimed it was fraudulent with his bank and I had money taken out of my account without and consultation. I have no idea how this happened.

He then claimed he didn't know what the payment was despite me seeing the it had 'ebay myusername' as the transaction reference.

Mental.

Best one I had one some fuckwit from Ayrshire who bought a Sidewinder gamepad off me and paid more than what it was in the shops. Nice one, I though...

No, six weeks later I notice a £25 reverse transaction in my bank account and tracked it down to ebay and paypal.

Fucker had claimed it was fraudulent with his bank and I had money taken out of my account without and consultation. I have no idea how this happened.

He then claimed he didn't know what the payment was despite me seeing the it had 'ebay myusername' as the transaction reference.

Mental.

I can see his point.

My brother in law phoned about an hour ago, offering me a free ticket to the Scotland game, travel and accommodation included.

Nearly shot my load, until he said the coach was leaving at 4am tomorrow morning.

My wife is working tomorrow, thus no one around to look after the kids. Frantically tried getting in touch to see if it's possible to change shifts, but think I'm pissing in the wind.

Gutted!!

My brother in law phoned about an hour ago, offering me a free ticket to the Scotland game, travel and accommodation included.

Nearly shot my load, until he said the coach was leaving at 4am tomorrow morning.

My wife is working tomorrow, thus no one around to look after the kids. Frantically tried getting in touch to see if it's possible to change shifts, but think I'm pissing in the wind.

Gutted!!

Sky telly, plenty of wotsits and smarties...they'll be fine.

Mental.

Just had a reversal myself. Happens every now and then; doesn't seem to be much you can do about it. I assume there's only so many times they can do it before Visa/Mastercard/PayPal get suspicious. Would be nice to know what happens to them, however, as I'm damned sure the scammed sellers don't see any money back!

Sidewinders were the tits fifteen years ago, BTW :thumsup2

Sky telly, plenty of wotsits and smarties...they'll be fine.

Tempting! A bit of a gutter, but haven't heard back from the old dear yet so not completely dead in the water...