Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Never been on a flight where the pilot was given a round of applause. Always thought that was reserved for when they recovered from a catastrophic engine failure.

I have, however, been on coach trips where the driver received a round of applause. On one trip, people were even giving him bottles of spirits on the way out (ouzo, scotch and wine, as I recall). Bizarre behaviour.

I have, however, been on coach trips where the driver received a round of applause. On one trip, people were even giving him bottles of spirits on the way out (ouzo, scotch and wine, as I recall). Bizarre behaviour.

That'll be Dave Coaches, he has a few problems.

People who cannot judge time and distance.

E.G. walking on to a platform at a train station. the board says train leaves at 13.05,

The clock beside the departure time says 13:01:30, plenty of time to walk the 100metres to the train,

even if the guard is standing there scowling and looking at his watch, people still sprint past for the train,

and are usually standing just inside the door out of breathe as I stroll up.

Same for buses if you a short distance from a stop and a bus pulls up and a queue of 5 or 6 forms don't panic,

even if they all take only 30seconds to get on and a ticket (and old buggers with their passes take longer),

you have a couple of minutes and no need for the Usain Bolt impersonation so you can stand at the back of the queue.

Panic-mongering arseholes.

Edited by MEADOWXI

People who cannot judge time and distance.

E.G. walking on to a platform at a train station. the board says train leaves at 13.05,

The clock beside the departure time says 13:01:30, plenty of time to walk the 100metres to the train,

even if the guard is standing there scowling and looking at his watch, people still sprint past for the train,

and are usually standing just inside the door out of breathe as I stroll up.

Same for buses if you a short distance from a stop and a bust pulls up and a queue of 5 or 6 forms don't panic,

even if they all take only 30seconds to get on and a ticket (and old buggers with their passes take longer),

you have a couple of minutes and no need for the Usain Bolt impersonation so you can stand at the back of the queue.

Must be a good one if there are queues to get a ticket for a ride on it

Same for buses if you a short distance from a stop and a bus pulls up and a queue of 5 or 6 forms don't panic,

How's about when there's a crowd of folk at the bus stop and everyone at the back starts pushing forward, like they're under the impression that we all need to be on within a set time or the driver will just close the doors and leave. Really popular one in London, that, where folk will quite happily step over fallen pensioners rather than be late for their next connection.

Happens every time at John Lennon Airport, annoying as fcuk. Mind you there's usually a strong crosswind so it can be a bit scary, one time we landed so hard the overstuffed overhead lockers popped open and must have been over £100,000 worth of cigs and tobacco spilled over everyone.

Edited by welshbairn

Driving home from work in the dark now the clocks have changed.

Always amusing to see how many arseholes just fire about with their full beam on blinding everybody in rush hour traffic, so fucking stressful.

Or, as I experienced earlier, the opposite ie when it gets dark and they don't put any lights on at all!

I must admit, there have been a few occasions where I've walked up to a bus stop in manner you describe, only to miss it because the person at the front has used the sign-language which says to the driver "I'm waiting for the next bus thanks, move along". It's rather infuriating in fact.

Oh, and I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the best crowd engagement I've seen was at a showing of Young Adam, a film in which Ewan McGregor shags absolutely anything female that appears, and whips his boaby out with impunity. Everyone had cottoned on to this by the halfway point, so there were a lot of giggles whenever a woman appeared on-screen, and by the end people were just flat-out catcalling and yelling stuff like, "get wired in, Ewan son!" T'was most entertaining :D

My dad was an extra in Young Adam, a lawyer chap of some sort in the courtroom scene.

He reports no sightings of any McGregor boab.

My dad was an extra in Young Adam, a lawyer chap of some sort in the courtroom scene.

He reports no sightings of any McGregor boab.

It's been a long time, so I don't remember a courtroom scene, but I'm sure the film would've been more interesting if he'd whipped out Little Ewan during a trial :lol: