Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Mrs Shotgun is watching the second Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes film. It has Rachel McAdams in it which is a RTBvC. Unfortunately, the film's barely got started and they've killed off her character already.

What's the fucking point in watching the rest of it?

Just learned that primary school kids do those tedious American Proms.

Why don't we just change our flags to stars and stripes now and save ourselves the wait?

If we are gonnae adopt everything American and stuff our traditions, can we please pump the freeloaders from Buckingham Palace.

Just learned that primary school kids do those tedious American Proms.

Why don't we just change our flags to stars and stripes now and save ourselves the wait?

If we are gonnae adopt everything American and stuff our traditions, can we please pump the freeloaders from Buckingham Palace.

It's a complete fuckin nonsense. Folk spending hundreds of quid on outfits for p7 pupils. Beastly behaviour.

Was hearing about this yesterday too - folk getting gowns/certificates etc for graduating nursery. Bizarre.

It just seems like mentalist behaviour. By all means, celebrate transition and get emotional about a new adventure for your child. But celebrating it as a major achievement? Nut.

It's a complete fuckin nonsense. Folk spending hundreds of quid on outfits for p7 pupils. Beastly behaviour.

I was interested when someone else told me the other day that their child was finishing primary school soon, and the class was given a choice; have a fancy prom type event with kilts and fancy dresses etc, or a day out at the bowling and a disco. They chose the latter. It'd be interesting to know how many of the children would rather a more casual event than some americanised prom night.

It just seems like mentalist behaviour. By all means, celebrate transition and get emotional about a new adventure for your child. But celebrating it as a major achievement? Nut.

I suppose for the bulk of these kids and parents, it's the only time they'll get a chance to have some sort of graduation as the kids will likely be pregnant/jailed/addicted by the time they reach the traditional age for graduations. 

Crackpot

The reason I wasn't sure is I think it's a new account, probably because he had a post saying he was a licensed gun owner and ready for action during the indy ref or the General Election, can't remember.