Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's been freezing today, absolutly bitter.

My nag today is that I hate my job. I have had enough and have booked a couple of days off next week to find a new one. If I can't find one in that time, I will be phoning in sick.

I can't even describe how much I hate my job. I need to stop talking about getting a new one and do something about it.

My nag today is that I hate my job. I have had enough and have booked a couple of days off next week to find a new one. If I can't find one in that time, I will be phoning in sick.

I can't even describe how much I hate my job. I need to stop talking about getting a new one and do something about it.

Didn't you like the job last week? when you were looking to get that promotion thing? :unsure:

Didn't you like the job last week? when you were looking to get that promotion thing? :unsure:

Aye, but since then, I have been in training for a job I don't like (for no more money either) and I didn't get the choice of wether I wanted to do it or not. I will be hunting out my contract later to see what my exact job title is. I'm meant to be going up to Aberdeen on Friday too but they have switched my hours meaning it wouldn't be possible for me to get the bus I am going for, or any bus that night. Not really bothered what they say though, I will be going on that bus.

Had enough of being treated like I am back at school. It's pathetic, they actually want to know why you are booking a holiday :blink: Next, they will be wanting you to put your hand up to ask if you can go take a piss.

What do you do in your job?

What do you do in your job?

Technically, I am a Customer Services Representitive, but I didn't spend an awful lot of my time working on the phones. However, I was picked to do training to take complaints from irate customers. I wasn't given a choice to wether or not I wanted to do it, was just told I was doing it.

In short, I was on the phones for just over an hour today before I started cracking up at the sheer idiocy of the people I will have to deal with, day in day out.

Technically, I am a Customer Services Representitive, but I didn't spend an awful lot of my time working on the phones. However, I was picked to do training to take complaints from irate customers. I wasn't given a choice to wether or not I wanted to do it, was just told I was doing it.

In short, I was on the phones for just over an hour today before I started cracking up at the sheer idiocy of the people I will have to deal with, day in day out.

What do you want to do?

Do you guys hate smug people that go on about loving their job every time you see them? Or are you happy they have something they like to do?

It doesn't really bother me either way, to be honest. I would love to look forward to going to work in the morning, but it feels like a small piece is dying inside me every morning I step through the doors.

Are you a person that loves their job, Stuart?

Do you guys hate smug people that go on about loving their job every time you see them? Or are you happy they have something they like to do?

My "job" is brilliant - nothing! :D

"Have an open day on us, and here's some awards to go with it."

I don't want to leave. :ph34r:

It doesn't really bother me either way, to be honest. I would love to look forward to going to work in the morning, but it feels like a small piece is dying inside me every morning I step through the doors.

Are you a person that loves their job, Stuart?

No, wouldn't say I love it, good days and bad days but I am always wary of telling people who I know hate their jobs about good times I have in mine.

No, wouldn't say I love it, good days and bad days but I am always wary of telling people who I know hate their jobs about good times I have in mine.

Don't get me wrong, I have had great days at work, and I do enjoy sharing with them with people. The thing that bothers me about where I work is that people go in there in the morning not wanting to be there, or put any effort into it. That really pisses me off, as it usually means more work for me to tend to, on top of what I have already been told to do.

At least I try to be optimistic when I start work, I don't particulary like going, but I try to make the most of it until I have to hear the complete fuckwittery that comes out of peoples mouths.

Take today for instance. I recieve a call from a customer at 3.30pm.

Arsehole Customer "Hi there, my order number is AD035******"

Me "OK, Mrs Keenan, you are through to Adam today, how can I help?"

AC "Hi, the reason I am calling for is that I was due a delivery today but it hasn't arrived"

Me "Oh, is that so Mrs Keenan?"

(Now, at this point I can see that her delivery timeslot os between 12pm and 6pm, but I want to test her.)

Me "Were you told what time the delivery was due to arrive between?"

AC "Yes son, between 12pm and 6pm"

Me "Well, Mrs Keenan, looking at the clock on my computer just now, it shows 15.31. Would you say that is the correct time in Romford, where you are?"

AC "Yes, it is just after half 3"

Me "Well, surely that means that there is still a window of 2 hours and 30 minutes for our driver to deliver, no?"

AC "Yes, that's right. Thank you."

I have to deal with at least 30 of those kinds of calls, every day.

Don't get me wrong, I have had great days at work, and I do enjoy sharing with them with people. The thing that bothers me about where I work is that people go in there in the morning not wanting to be there, or put any effort into it. That really pisses me off, as it usually means more work for me to tend to, on top of what I have already been told to do.

At least I try to be optimistic when I start work, I don't particulary like going, but I try to make the most of it until I have to hear the complete fuckwittery that comes out of peoples mouths.

Take today for instance. I recieve a call from a customer at 3.30pm.

Arsehole Customer "Hi there, my order number is AD035******"

Me "OK, Mrs Keenan, you are through to Adam today, how can I help?"

AC "Hi, the reason I am calling for is that I was due a delivery today but it hasn't arrived"

Me "Oh, is that so Mrs Keenan?"

(Now, at this point I can see that her delivery timeslot os between 12pm and 6pm, but I want to test her.)

Me "Were you told what time the delivery was due to arrive between?"

AC "Yes son, between 12pm and 6pm"

Me "Well, Mrs Keenan, looking at the clock on my computer just now, it shows 15.31. Would you say that is the correct time in Romford, where you are?"

AC "Yes, it is just after half 3"

Me "Well, surely that means that there is still a window of 2 hours and 30 minutes for our driver to deliver, no?"

AC "Yes, that's right. Thank you."

I have to deal with at least 30 of those kinds of calls, every day.

i'd love a job like that. it seems so easy