Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I lived in Glasgow for 9 years, and am married to a weegie.

Plenty of individual weegies are absolutely spot on, but on the whole I fucking hate them. The arrogance is unreal. There is a general view that Glasgow is the centre of the universe, and certainly everywhere else in Scotland is inferior.

And don't get me started on the old firm pish.

:lol:

I lived in Glasgow for 9 years, and am married to a weegie.

Plenty of individual weegies are absolutely spot on, but on the whole I fucking hate them. The arrogance is unreal. There is a general view that Glasgow is the centre of the universe, and certainly everywhere else in Scotland is inferior.

And don't get me started on the old firm pish.

I've stayed, studied and worked in and around Glasgow for most of my life.

I can honestly say I have never heard any of the centre of the universe stuff, maybe I couldn't see the woods for the trees.

I worked in Linlithgow for 6 years in and it was folk from Fife / the east that had an issue with weegies, not the other way around. One guy, from Whitburn and in his 40's, had never been to Glasgow incase he was stabbed. Same guy thought Leith docks was safe enough every pay day though.

You'll get arseholes everywhere, I highly doubt the percentage is higher in Glasgow compared to anywhere else.

I've never lived in Glasgow but I like it, it's a great city.  Surely most of the "aw Glasgow's a dump" and "but Edinburgh's unfriendly" is just a laugh that people have with their mates?  People don't actually take it seriously? :lol:

The overstatement of all success.

When I learnt to swim, and when my son had swimming lessons after a few classes went well

( failed to drown, picked up a large plastic brick from bottom of pool or whatever ), you moved up a class and advanced to the next level.

A colleague was just talking about his 2 year old son GRADUATING from his swimming lessons.......

FUCKING GRADUATING :death

Edited by MEADOWXI

13 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The overstatement of all success.

When I learnt to swim, and when my son had swimming lessons after a few classes went well

( failed to drown, picked up a large plastic brick from bottom of pool or whatever ), you moved up a class and advanced to the next level.

A colleague was just talking about his 2 year old son GRADUATING from his swimming lessons.......

FUCKING GRADUATING :death

They have graduation ceremonies from nursery/playgroup etc now too. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

They have graduation ceremonies from nursery/playgroup etc now too. 

Is it a graduation with honours if they make it through the 2 years without eating more than 5 crayons or wetting themself more than twice ?

It's probably the last thing half of the wee reprobates will ever achieve so we shouldn't be too down on the concept.

True, sadly.

As, the only time you hear about this type of shite, it's posted by "full time mummies" on Facebook and their largest daily achievement is taking their neglected kids to School whilst wearing pyjamas & Ugg boots( mums -not kids). & only smoking 10 fags during Jeremy Kyle!
I can't believe our educators deem graduation a "thing" for under 20's!

Just now, DI Bruce Robertson said:

True, sadly.

As, the only time you hear about this type of shite, it's posted by "full time mummies" on Facebook and their largest daily achievement is taking their neglected kids to School whilst wearing pyjamas & Ugg boots( mums -not kids). & only smoking 10 fags during Jeremy Kyle!
I can't believe our educators deem graduation a "thing" for under 20's!

Since I left school, high school pupils now appear to be called "students". Bugs me on two levels. Student, IMO, has a suggestion of the person voluntarily going through some sort of education programme. It takes away the delineation between kids at school and people at uni but also gives the wee brats a level of importance they've done nothing to achieve. 

Since I left school, high school pupils now appear to be called "students". Bugs me on two levels. Student, IMO, has a suggestion of the person voluntarily going through some sort of education programme. It takes away the delineation between kids at school and people at uni but also gives the wee brats a level of importance they've done nothing to achieve. 

The term student also implies a bit of study...
I know at secondary school, the thing I worked hardest at was getting my hole, I studied the female form tbf.

13 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Fingers crossed.  I am saving up air miles for a trip to a Swiss clinic just in case.

Whatever they quote you, I'll do it for half. I have a spare room and could probably score a couple of grams of heroin to get the job done.

I've stayed, studied and worked in and around Glasgow for most of my life.
I can honestly say I have never heard any of the centre of the universe stuff, maybe I couldn't see the woods for the trees.
I worked in Linlithgow for 6 years in and it was folk from Fife / the east that had an issue with weegies, not the other way around. One guy, from Whitburn and in his 40's, had never been to Glasgow incase he was stabbed. Same guy thought Leith docks was safe enough every pay day though.
You'll get arseholes everywhere, I highly doubt the percentage is higher in Glasgow compared to anywhere else.

It's a bit more subtle than folk actually talking about Glasgow as the be all and end all.

In my experience there's an undertone of superiority in terms of the rest of Scotland. Like I say, subtle, but quite annoying when you notice it.

Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that there are c***s from every place. But I definitely think different areas have their own wee annoyances.

The way old people instantly think I know how to fix their fucking phone/computer is annoying enough but their inability to accept that you DON'T know is mental.

Just spent 20 minutes explaining to the cleaner I don't know what's up with her phone, I don't know how to fix it and that she shouldn't just turn it off and bring it back to me tomorrow so I can try again.

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk that automatically switch on the reading light when the cabin lights are dimmed on a plane, then proceed not to read.

I like doing this and putting the blowers on, purely in the hope it annoys someone. 

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I blame the popularity of the likes of High School Musical and Glee for introducing this shite this side of the pond- you hear of kids having graduations, proms, yearbooks and so on like they're going to fucking Rydell High instead of some crumbling shitpit in the suburbs of Glasgow.

Even the term "high school" is a creeping Americanisation. If you're from Scotland, it's secondary, end of.