Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Seen this on twitter under comment “only in Glasgow”. I noticed straight away from the photo that it was Lowther Street in Carlisle, as you could clearly see the entrance to The Lanes shopping centre.

Your point still stands though.

It has also been done in Royston Vassey.

nintchdbpict000342052565-e1501251143608.jpg?strip=all&w=960

They aren't active on the dualled sections of the A9, apparently, so you can gun it up them to get past a load of folk sticking to 70.

That is correct. You’d have to be averaging 70mph on the single carriageway to get done which, considering how busy the road is, is nigh on impossible
Does that include the Stirling to Perth dual bit?

Not active you say?

Is this fake news to get me three points?

Not active you say?

I would only take it as being the bits further north where it goes from single to dual/overtaking lane, maybe as its too complicated to calibrate the time when the section involves 2 different speeds.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers.

And what is the level they'd issue a ticket for?

Is my steady 78 absolutely safe? Or am I pushing it a bit?

Standard guidelines are 10% +2mph, but they're within their rights to go for speed limit on the button should they choose to do so. Calibration/accuracy of reading/legal challenge etc are the factors which probably make them go for the 10% limit.

f**k off. And make sure you stay in the inside lane unless you're actively overtaking.

I’m happy to roll up the inside lane. Keeps me out of trouble and away from the arseholes that complain when they get a ticket because they were breaking the law. My advice is: leave a wee bit earlier, you won’t have to drive like a dick.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There would be no legal defence against losing 12 points going from Inverness to Perth at a steady 85 mph though? Or even 75 mph?

P.S. Not including the 60 max sections.

Yes, but I think they'd only attempt that if it was 'in the public interest' i.e. stop maniacs going massively over the speed limit all the way down say at 90-100mph+.  Saying that, I don't know the technicalities of the cameras e.g. bikes etc re having no front plate and how they could possibly read them.

Got asked to accompany the girlfriend to the X Factor auditions at Wembley tonight which is fine because you know there's gonna be some entertaining gash singers on. What is not fine though is ending up in the second row sitting directly next to the families of every act (The front row was empty and they rotated them before each act) with a camera pointed in your direction for five hours. No idea when it broadcasts but I'm just going to have to go into hibernation for the Autumn/Winter.

Edit because apparently I'm incapable of typing correctly. I probably belong in an X Factor crowd...

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've no problem with people that do 90/100 on the Motorway or dual carriageway if it's clear for them.

The problem is the same drivers are the ones who do that speed when it's not clear for them

6 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Got asked to accompany the girlfriend to the X Factor auditions at Wembley tonight which is fine because you know there's gonna be some entertaining gash singers on. What is not fine though is ending up in the second row sitting directly next to the families of every act (The front row was empty and they rotated them before each act) with a camera pointed in your direction for five hours. No idea when it broadcasts but I'm just going to have to go into hibernation for the Autumn/Winter.

Edit because apparently I'm incapable of typing correctly. I probably belong in an X Factor crowd...

Did the panel like your girlfriend’s ping pong ball act? 

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've no problem with people that do 90/100 on the Motorway or dual carriageway if it's clear for them.

Most of them are ok. It's the ones that can't slow down, stop or steer properly that cause the problems.

(This discussion needs Gunther)

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Not active you say?

Probably as good a chance as you'll have of getting 3 points this season HAHAHA whit ma like