Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Fit and healthy people who crawl round supermarket car-parks, looking for a space near the entrance when ample parking is available a mere 50 yards away.

That extends to every type of car park basically! The uni is the same, full of people doing laps of the central car parks, parking illegally, and then whinging about the lack of space when there is a practically empty car park only 3 minutes walk away!

Fit and healthy people who crawl round supermarket car-parks, looking for a space near the entrance when ample parking is available a mere 50 yards away.

Maybe those fit and healthy people just cant be arsed walking the extra 50 yards and would rather drive around for a closer space.

I know this is the petty nags thread but some of the things that piss people off beggar belief.

Will Scottish people ever stop giving a f**k what other people do with their time and get on with their own lives?

Hope your test goes well Gaz.

Edited by A C

Will Scottish people ever stop giving a f**k what other people do with their time and get on with their own lives?

Said the man who only yesterday went on a big rant about Michael Stipe making a big deal of his gayness. :P

Maybe those fit and healthy people just cant be arsed walking the extra 50 yards and would rather drive around for a closer space.

That's just sheer laziness though. And they might be denying an elderly or less-able person a favourable parking spot.

Cars seem to turn some people into selfish tossers. And 4x4 drivers are often the worst.

Said the man who only yesterday went on a big rant about Michael Stipe making a big deal of his gayness. :P

My main point being that it was nobody else's business.

That's just sheer laziness though. And they might be denying an elderly or less-able person a favourable parking spot.

Cars seem to turn some people into selfish tossers. And 4x4 drivers are often the worst.

I'm probably at my most courteous when driving. (Most of the time anyway)

Less able people have specific bays and believe it or not some elderly folk actually dont mind a wee walk now and again. They're old, not decrepit.

I have been an utter idiot all day, well pissed off with myself :angry:

Economics test today at 10am and Maths test at 2pm.

Woke up at 7am to get the 7.33am bus into Uni, which would have got me there for about 8.40am for some more revision.

Forgot that I had a parcel to take round to my Gran's for UPS to pick up, so had to take that round and missed the 7.33am bus. No matter, the 8.03am one will still get me there early.

Made it to the bus stop, realised I'd forgotten my ticket. Had to walk home and get the ticket, then head back for the 8.33am bus. This gets me in about 9.40am so not much revision time.

Economics test surprisingly went OK.

Got the bus into town for some lunch after it, whilst walking back to get the bus back to Uni I've realised I've gone and lost my bus ticket. So I had to pay to get the bus back to Uni and now I'm having to inconvenience my Mum to come and pick me up as I don't have any more cash on me.

And now it looks like, despite BBC saying it was due to be sunny / light clouds in Edinburgh tomorrow, it's going to rain, and I had planned a day in Edinburgh with my g/f, looks like that's going to be rained off.

That really annoys me too.

It's the same in my street. Folk will park on pavements or in a position which makes it awkward to get past just to get that 20 metres closer to their house.

I know this is the petty nags thread but some of the things that piss people off beggar belief.

Hope your test goes well Gaz.

She's pregnant and hormonal and I'm not getting any

This has possibly been mentioned already but I hate it when you're standing in a long que and the other people in it don't think to get their money/card out while they're waiting to be served. The result is that they then spend 2 or 3 minutes trying to get the money or card out as they are being served only to hold up everyone else. <_<

People who take ages at cashline machines. You know the ones: take about 3 minutes plodding about deciding what to do, then when finally out pops the card, oh, in goes another one. Even some people just using the one card take an age, oblivious to the queue behind them. It takes me on average 20 seconds from the moment I put my card in to the moment I take money out. :angry:

People who take ages at cashline machines. You know the ones: take about 3 minutes plodding about deciding what to do, then when finally out pops the card, oh, in goes another one. Even some people just using the one card take an age, oblivious to the queue behind them. It takes me on average 20 seconds from the moment I put my card in to the moment I take money out. :angry:

Bollocks.

It takes about a minute just for the machine to ask for your pin.

Guest The Phoenix
There is f'k all open here today... worse than Christmas. Got 6 hours to kill before I head to a barbeque. Ho bloody hum.

I suppose I can watch Damon's goal another couple of hundred times.

Have you not befriended a sheep yet? :unsure:;)

There is f'k all open here today... worse than Christmas. Got 6 hours to kill before I head to a barbeque. Ho bloody hum.

I suppose I can watch Damon's goal another couple of hundred times.

Go practice your wrong un'!

Have you not befriended a sheep yet? :unsure:;)

Even the sheep are off on holiday...

Go practice your wrong un'!

Season finished last week- anyway I'm an offie so it's more of a topspinner I've got as my alternative ball.

Ach, it's not so bad, just chilling out on the balcony listening to music and reading a book in between mucking about on here- hopefully there'll be some pubs open later on after the barbie though.

Also got a text (a send to many effort) from my ex-flatmate who is a bit of a bible thumper about celebrating the true meaning of Easter. That's 3 days on the piss and eating lots of chocolate, right? :unsure:

Even the sheep are off on holiday...

Season finished last week- anyway I'm an offie so it's more of a topspinner I've got as my alternative ball.

Ach, it's not so bad, just chilling out on the balcony listening to music and reading a book in between mucking about on here- hopefully there'll be some pubs open later on after the barbie though.

Also got a text (a send to many effort) from my ex-flatmate who is a bit of a bible thumper about celebrating the true meaning of Easter. That's 3 days on the piss and eating lots of chocolate, right? :unsure:

At least you are off, I'm at work all bloody weekend, doing overtime, and the sun is splitting down up here. So yet another Friday night on the lap top in front of the telly instead of getting pissed up the town. Everything is shut, and I'm down to my last 2 cans of guinness.

GRRRRRR :angry:

I've just heard Nouvelle Vague's cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart and if it wasn't for the wife being hot, I'd be furious.

They have ruined possibly the greatest song of all time.

That's a bloody brilliant cover!!

Can't mind which one, but it's played over the end credits of a film I watched farily recently.