Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I think I've possibly got the pettiest thing to be posted on this thread.

On the new boxes of Bran Flakes, the As look out of place. They look like a different font from the Brn Flkes.

I noticed last night, and now the box of Bran Flakes in the kitchen is getting on my nerves.

Unfortunately, I can't really find a picture to illustrate my point, this is the best I can manage.

sideshot.jpg

Seriously. This is what annoys me.

That's Sad

It isn't annoying in the slightest, just put your change in your jeans pocket (front) then when you get back to your table carefully place the notes back into your wallet in manly way - what could be simpler?

Those who cannot achieve this simple task are clearly racists.

Very petty nag but I HATE people who drink cans of juice in my house and leave a little bit at the bottom. Also, people who have a tea or coffee but leave a wee bit at the bottom of the mug :angry:

You've knocked over a can of juice, havent you?

People that drive down to a park,get out have a jog around the park,then get back into their cars and drive home....What's the point.

also couples with children on bikes.....I almost broke my ankle trying to avoid a little kid on his bike wobbling all over the place on the path. :angry:

People that drive down to a park,get out have a jog around the park,then get back into their cars and drive home....What's the point.

They may live in an area that they can't easily jog in, like on a road with a very busy row of shops or something...

Incredibly annoying!

Im in complete agreement with the other guys, it really does my nut in. If you got notes first then got given coins, you could take the notes, slip them in your wallet, then get the coins and put them in. If you got coins at the bottom, you could hold the coins while putting the notes in.

But no! You have a shopping back in one hand with your wallet, and then you get given notes with a coin on top. You cant put them in your wallet as the coins will go everywhere, and the girl has already moved on to the next customer so you cant stop. Instead, you have to bung the whole fucking lot in your pocket. Where it is uncomfy, they get mixed up, and gah!

Its annoying.

See for me, it's the presence of a receipt in with the change.

99% of the time all of my change is stuck in my pocket including notes and I'd be happy enough with that. However, the presence of a receipt does my tits in. I have a pocket for my money/wallet, a pocket for my phone/keys and a back pocket for shitey wee scraps of paper. You can't just stick the receipts in with the money it fucks it all up. So I'm wasting time extracting the receipt and putting it in a different pocket whilst everyone wants me to hurry up.

Parents that are quite happy to let their wean greet and scream at the top of their voice on the bus while they do nothing. It happened to me the other day and I was close to the point of snapping at the parents, until I decided the music of my iPod would drown it out.

Even with Guns N Roses on at a reasonably high volume, I could still hear said little b*****d screaming over Axl Rose (though who can tell, some of you are thinking ;) )

I hope this doesn't come across as racist, as is not my intention, but I seem to notice that parents and child are mostly of an ethnic background, although some "locals" are equally as guilty.

A good skelp never did me any harm as a child :angry:

Edited by TheDoctor

Parents that are quite happy to let their wean greet and scream at the top of their voice on the bus while they do nothing.

Why don't you tell them about it? I'm sure that they'd appreciate your advice on how exactly to stop a child from crying.

One petty thing that gets on my nerves is when people come out with boorish, ill-educated comments about things that they obviously don't understand.

Why don't you tell them about it? I'm sure that they'd appreciate your advice on how exactly to stop a child from crying.

One petty thing that gets on my nerves is when people come out with boorish, ill-educated comments about things that they obviously don't understand.

I was pretty close to it, believe me. But in that position, I would certainly attempt to shut the child up instead of just letting it just greet and scream rather than do nothing, like these folk did the other day.

Unless you are one of the tosspots to which I've been referring. You might enjoy the sound of your wean, assuming you have one, bawl the place down, but other people don't.

I was pretty close to it, believe me. But in that position, I would certainly attempt to shut the child up instead of just letting it just greet and scream rather than do nothing, like these folk did the other day.

Unless you are one of the tosspots to which I've been referring. You might enjoy the sound of your wean, assuming you have one, bawl the place down, but other people don't.

Noone enjoys hearing their wean screaming. Sometimes ignoring said brat is the only way to get them to shut up. Trust me on this.

Noone enjoys hearing their wean screaming. Sometimes ignoring said brat is the only way to get them to shut up. Trust me on this.

I see your logic and I see how that would work at home, but letting them do it in public isn't so good, especially when you're a passenger listening to it and have people, like me I suppose, judge your parenting skills when it seems like you're doing nothing.

I see your logic and I see how that would work at home, but letting them do it in public isn't so good, especially when you're a passenger listening to it and have people, like me I suppose, judge your parenting skills when it seems like you're doing nothing.

Aye, but geing them a good skelp gets you arrested, and makes them cry louder. Any other alternatives that you can think of, other than oohh I don't know, illegal drugs?

Aye, but geing them a good skelp gets you arrested, and makes them cry louder. Any other alternatives that you can think of, other than oohh I don't know, illegal drugs?

And that's where it's fucked up. Some twat politician telling you how to discipline your kids. I bet they don't have to listen to screaming weans on a bus.

There's a world of difference between a disciplined smack and an abusive right doing :angry:

Edited by TheDoctor

Guest Bully Wee'd masel
<br />I was pretty close to it, believe me. But in that position, I would certainly attempt to shut the child up instead of just letting it just greet and scream rather than do nothing, like these folk did the other day.<br /><br />Unless you are one of the tosspots to which I've been referring. You might enjoy the sound of your wean, assuming you have one, bawl the place down, but other people don't.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Grown men complaining about children.

The single most pathetic thing a human being can complain about.

A child.

Honest to goodness.

How do folk go about shutting you up?