N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

2-0 Penguins so far. Will they keep their nerve for the remaining period and a half? Detroit have lost a bit of impetus now but are sure to hit back at some point. Penguins game plan looks good at the moment though.

We're definitely the underdogs, but we can do this.

Are you lacing up the skates, or...? ;)

1:17 left and Pittsburgh is responding tremendously to the pressure. Osgood off.

Edit: Oh, lol. Detroit offsides with 32 seconds left.

Edited by kyle*

Zanetti's sig actually came true. Couple of close calls at the end with one off the bar and then the last second save for added drama.

Pens looked like no hopers way back but the turnaround was impressive. Good that Red Wings don't get it all their own way but different finalists next year please.

I'll need to change my signature. :D

I am delighted , this is one of the best sporting days of my life.

Is it too late/early to open a few beers? :lol:

I can't believe this considering where we were November - February. Incredible.

Yass! :D

Why the f**k wasn't it live on Five this year? :( I tuned in the night of the first game only for no coverage at all to be on channel 5, the following night it was showing "the first game of the Stanley Cup Final"... :huh: Fucking pish.

Still delighted the Penguins won though! Shame I missed it is all :(

This is f**king exactly why I didn't want the Penguins (Crosby) to win.

You get in a line and shake everyone's hand. It's not that hard. Teams of five year olds do this.

Only one person failed to do it. As always, it's one person complaining about hats on the rink, or a hard hit... I really hate to be a broken record with anti-Crosby posts, but I believe in sportsmanship and classy behavior, which he often just forgets to show.

Also, this is a fantastic puck daddy entry.

And Emery to Philadelphia. :lol: :lol:

This is f**king exactly why I didn't want the Penguins (Crosby) to win.

You get in a line and shake everyone's hand. It's not that hard. Teams of five year olds do this.

Only one person failed to do it. As always, it's one person complaining about hats on the rink, or a hard hit... I really hate to be a broken record with anti-Crosby posts, but I believe in sportsmanship and classy behavior, which he often just forgets to show.

Also, this is a fantastic puck daddy entry.

And Emery to Philadelphia. :lol::lol:

That does seem rather poor TBH.

I don't really think he meant it. Come on, you're 21 years old and you've just captained a Stanley Cup winning side. You're going to be a little excited and something like this seems easy to forget - he joined the line when reminded, maybe those Red Wings players should've been a little more patient.

I don't really think he meant it. Come on, you're 21 years old and you've just captained a Stanley Cup winning side. You're going to be a little excited and something like this seems easy to forget - he joined the line when reminded, maybe those Red Wings players should've been a little more patient.

His age is no excuse. If he takes the C on his chest, then he takes the responsibility of being the leader and role-model for all of his team. His age and experience means nothing, because he took the C and effectively said that he can be the image of the team. Yes, Crosby surely wanted the cup badly, but so did 24 other Penguins, and they all managed to get in a line. There are 49 other players out there and two sets of coaches who managed to have no problem with it.

This report says Lidstrom waited around for Crosby for a while, but didn't have any luck. It isn't Detroit that should be showing patience, but the new Stanley Cup champions. And of course, most importantly, their captain.

And again, this of course is a completely isolated incident. The last issue I heard concerning handshakes was the Avery/Brodeur snub, but that's a completely different thing. This is just immaturity.

• 2 weeks later...

Bouwmeester -> Calgary

Pronger -> Philadelphia

Philly gave up a freaking TON to the Ducks. Two first round picks, two former first round picks in Lupul and Sbisa, and a third round pick. Also, they have to take his $6 million salary on for this year and after that he is a free agent.

Also, the Kings picking Schenn was hilarious because of Burke's reaction... Who had really messed up hair the entire first-round. :o I think his anger is forcing him to finally lose it.