N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

3rd period come from behind win to take it 3-1! Another beauty of a snipe from that man kessel was the winning goal with JVR adding a fortunate third of the face of the canucks D man. 11-2-1 in the last 14 games is very good form indeed, the same cant be said for vancouver though, 7 losses in a row for them! Really got high hopes for JVR and kessel in the olympics, especially the latter :thumsup2

Sharks currently 1-28 on their own power play. Looking just a touch disjointed.

Especially given that the one goal came from the second unit. Hopefully Thornton and Boyle come back rested after the Olympic break, because it's been painful to watch them with the man advantage for quite a while now. Not to mention that Boyle in general has looked in need of a break ever since coming back from injury.

Who we supporting for the olympics then? Usually Canada for me but with no representation from the Leafs I think i'm going to have to switch allegiances to the USA since Kessel and JVR are in the team.

Anyone but Canada. I just can't support the favourites. Finland for me.

Sharks have players with Finland, Canada and USA so will be watching out for their results. Caught the last period of Czech Republic Sweden game tonight with Swedes winning 4-2. Both sides looked decent and think this has the making of a cracking tournament.

I'll be supporting Sweden for Karlsson and Alfie. Happy enough as long as its not USA (Leafs + Patrick Kane, no thanks).

Just a shame about the timing of the games. BBC have them red button, so is there a way to record them?

Kane might just be my favourite hockey player currently playing.

I'll be supporting Sweden for Karlsson and Alfie. Happy enough as long as its not USA (Leafs + Patrick Kane, no thanks).

Just a shame about the timing of the games. BBC have them red button, so is there a way to record them?

could be on iplayer mate ,don't think you can record the red button.