N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Well, there was a delayed penalty for about a minute

Strange game 2, Boston looked like they'd never played with each other before and were blowing out their arse for most of the third. Hopefully a big statement game to come in game 3. 

Right from the start of OT it looked to me like only St Louis were going to score. Hopefully they carry that into the next two games then win it all in Boston

• 2 weeks later...

Big game tonight, the Blues bullied their way through the Sharks by getting away with questionable checks, were getting called on them for 3 games until their coach complained and since then have had free reign.

The missed slew foot before their goal in game 4 was unreal and Cassidy called the refs out on it, interesting to see what happens tonight

I wish I could give tigerton more greenies. 

The little rat crying at the end was delightful, how anyone outside of the North Eastern United States (and Halifax I guess) can cheer for the Bruins is beyond me, horrible organisation. 

30 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I wish I could give tigerton more greenies. 

The little rat crying at the end was delightful, how anyone outside of the North Eastern United States (and Halifax I guess) can cheer for the Bruins is beyond me, horrible organisation. 

I don't think you understand quite how much I hate Ryan O'Reilly (and the multitude of Avalanche fans who want him back)

Lots to hate about Boston, obviously, but they were still the lesser of two evils on this occasion. Oh well. At least Vancouver still haven't won anything.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't think you understand quite how much I hate Ryan O'Reilly (and the multitude of Avalanche fans who want him back)

Lots to hate about Boston, obviously, but they were still the lesser of two evils on this occasion. Oh well. At least Vancouver still haven't won anything.

I went to a game in Buffalo 2 years ago and some fans there could not wait to get rid of O'Reilly. Not sure that has turned out too well for them.

Oh and Toronto now have the biggest cup drought in the league, which is nice. 

On 17/06/2019 at 17:22, Savage Henry said:

Erik Karlsson staying with the Sharks. Eight years and 88 million. That’s a ballsy move that I didn’t think the Sharks would make.

It's a lot of money for a guy with 1.5 ankles. But he's some man, so it's good to see him get paid!

• 1 month later...

As a Flyers fan, I have some concerns about them repeating the mistakes of last year! Their business hasn’t been particularly impressive over the summer. They were linked with a couple of high-profile players, but none of it turned out to be true.

so, our biggest bit of business is giving a SEVEN YEAR contract to a second line centre, when I thought Nolan Patrick was really growing into that role. Although if he’s on the third line, at least he can link up with the sublime Lindblom. We’ve picked up a pair of 32-year-old D-men, Niskanen is pretty good and I think would link up well with Provarov, Braun im a bit ‘meh’ about. He’s obviously an upgrade over the departed Macdonald or the god-awful Hagg, but I’ll be extremely disappointed if his signing stunts the emergence of either Morin or Phil Meyers *swoon*. Also, we’ve re-signed Brian Elliot, who will hopefully be mostly mentoring Carter Hart and playing in double headers etc. And that’s pretty much it. Kinda disappointed to see Gudas traded, thought he got a lot of undeserved criticism. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GIRFUY Pekka Rinne and the Preds. Calls Chicago "The easiest shutout of his career", proceeds to take 4 goals from the Hawks on 14 shots and is yoinked right the f**k out before he is further embarrassed. Lovely stuff.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee