N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

It's kicking off in New York city, Tony DeAngelo booted from the Rangers after a changing room fight, better learn some Russian as I'm sure he is KHL bound.

Amazon Prime are filming the Leafs for their All or Nothing series this season, it'll be Nothing for them most likely but still looking forward to watching it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excited for the Outdoor games at Lake Tahoe this weekend. Solid matchups, but they'll be a visual treat at the very least.

Saturday is Las Vegas against Colorado at 8pm GMT, Sunday is Boston and Philadelphia at 7pm GMT.

LT1.png

LT2.png

Edited by kyle*
Fix images

On 20/02/2021 at 18:54, kyle* said:

Someone must have really fucked up, it's cold enough.

I've *paid* to play on chippy shopping mall ice so I think these millionaires should get on with it. (I do not actually stand by this point.)

I've played on most of the rinks in Scotland and can only have wished for ice as good as that at half of them. Ironic that the NHL top brass didn't want the players going to the Olympics in case they injured themselves.

The game last night seemed much better, poor old Carter Hart seemed to get scored on top glove side 3 times in 5 minutes though.  

On 23/01/2021 at 11:42, BallochSonsFan said:

I have.

Scored a lot of goals. Unusual for a Monteal team that lacks a recognised top class sniper. A few players are really stepping up - Toffoli and Anderson look like very good signings. Suzuki is playing well. Tatar has got off to a great start. Contrast that with the likes of Gallagher and Drouin. I've never liked Gallagher as a player. He can be effective as a rink rat type of guy who will agitate and put up points but I don't see him as a big game goal scorer. Drouin is just an absolute bust as a 3rd overall pick. I know that the Habs didn't pick him, but he's picking up $5 million a season for almost no genuine offensive threat. The guy is a waste of a jersey when you look at what $5 mil could get you elsewhere. Big problem is that nobody will want to take on his cap hit at that price so trading him isnt going to be easy. 

Look decent at the back too, but its probably going to come down to keeping everybody healthy. Petry and Weber are great but Weber is in the latter stages of his career. 35 year olds take longer to heal. I think signing Allen gives Montreal a really great 1-2 in goals but it'll again come down to fitness. If Price was to pick up an injury then is Allen a big game goaltender over a stretch of games?

Certainly a very well balanced team right now. They've found the goalscoring that was perhaps missing last year and was potentially missing on paper. If Tatar and Toffoli can keep up their great start to the season then they could get you 30+ goals. Anderson is coming off the back of a poor season last year, but the move to the Habs looks to be suiting him well. 

What a difference a month can make.

Enjoyable being a Blackhawks fan rn. Fully expected this season to be the first in a few seasons of rebuilding that was punctuated with Toews and Dach both being out indefinitely, but our goaltending headed by Lankinen has been surprisingly stronger than expected, and a strong power play and frequent scoring has me hoping for another playoff berth this season. Kaner's 400th goal last night, the 100th NHLer to score as many in their regular season careers. Great player and one of my all-time favourites, and the 7-2 win over Detroit was very fun.

Much better than being a stinking Dundee fan rn.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 06/03/2021 at 10:26, MP_MFC said:

3 goals in the time he was in the bin after his first sore face of the evening was good justice.

He's getting called to an in person hearing too so assume a decent ban is incoming.

7 games, not enough IMO

On 19/03/2021 at 19:15, mugen_power said:

Wow, hate to be Buffalo :lol:

Don't follow the NHL but noticed the Bills tweeted about the Sabres arena announcer guy being sacked because on his morning radio show they discussed how well cooked they liked their toast by using the skin tone of black women (example "I'd go Halle Berry but not Serena Williams") 

Man, people are idiots.