The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-radrizzani-breaks-cover-to-confirm-takeover-talks-latest-1-8264006

A lot of Leeds fans are very wary about him as they dont think he has the same amount of money Cellino has.

Will have to prove himself to the fans and his comments so far havent helped him win over the fans.

Cellino has money?

For 75 minutes we were the better side and should have been at least 2-0 up but the old failing of not taking our chances came back to haunt us as usual.

Bad defending cost us the 1st goal as no one went to close their right back down, as a defender your taught dont let them get a cross in and taylor was no where near closing the full back down.

Ayling was wrong side of Origi and had Cooper been there he might have cleared with his left foot but on these things games are won and lost.

Still plenty positives to take out of the game and if we can take our chances then one team is going to get a beating.

Roll on Saturday evening.

Kyle Bartley: Even now when I step out I try to play the game in the Arsenal mould
On-loan defender has played for six clubs in seven years and Leeds United will benefit from all that experience in the EFL Cup quarter-final at Liverpool

Kyle Bartley, on loan at Leeds from Swansea, says: ‘I would like to settle down at one club, be first-choice, have a good stretch of years and really enjoy it.’ Photograph: Gary Calton for the Observer

Two things are striking about Kyle Bartley: his size and his maturity. As he wanders down a corridor in the Billy Bremner Suite at Elland Road the 25-year-old defender jokes about his 6ft 4in physique: “I think I’m still growing.” Taking a seat in a back room Bartley displays a self-ease gained from overcoming the challenges presented by his peripatetic career.

Leeds United, who play Liverpool on Tuesday night in the EFL Cup quarter-final, is his sixth club since the debut for Arsenal in 2009. “Six clubs and my debut was at 18 so they’ve been over seven years,” he says. “It is tough – by the time I was 21 I’d lived in Wales, England and Scotland. It’s something maybe other people don’t see or hear about on the outside but as a football player it’s part of the game and that’s what you get paid for.”

Of his professional bow, against Olympiakos in a Champions League group game, Bartley says: “That was a long time ago now. My family was there, it was a great experience. I only found out the day before as one of the defenders got injured and I was thrown into it; but it was fantastic and I enjoyed it.

“I always remember Mikaël Silvestre sat me down before the game and said: ‘Enjoy it, Kyle, you won’t get this moment back again, go out there and give it 100%, and what will be will be.’ He was a fantastic guy and had a fantastic career. And I think as a young player that’s sometimes what you need – an older head and a few wise words.”

This is now Bartley’s role in Garry Monk’s Leeds team despite his relative youth: to be a strong dressing-room influence. After becoming the seventh manager of Massimo Cellino’s turbulent ownership Monk persuaded Bartley to sign on loan for the season; he had handed the player a three-year contract when Swansea City manager.

“Yeah, that was one of the things that got me really wanting to come here,” Bartley says. “He wanted me to be a leader, someone the lads can look up to. I try to help every day, especially the young ones, and make sure everyone’s as good as they can be.

“For me it was a really important time of my career, I needed to be playing games and playing games in the right way as well – so having his style and guidance really helped with my decision.”

Liverpool can expect Monk’s Leeds to take the contest to them at Anfield. “We like to give it a go, that’s for sure,” Bartley says. “But he stresses before every game to enjoy it, express yourself. At that same time winning is the most important thing, that’s all that matters.”

Football has been Bartley’s sole focus since a particularly young start at Fletcher Moss Rangers, the club that includes Danny Welbeck and Marcus Rashford as former players.

Bartley says: “I’ve got an older brother who’s a keen footballer. We were living in Withington [Manchester] at the time. I was three years old, quite big, and I talked my mum and dad into telling the football team I was five so I could play straightaway. So I started at three years old and absolutely loved it and thankfully here I am now.”

Bartley names two classy central defenders as favourites when he was younger. “Rio Ferdinand was always the one for me. Overseas – Fabio Cannavaro was one I really looked up to. It was fantastic how he was only 5ft 10 and yet was still one of most dominant centre-halves.

“From about 11 I went into defence. I was a striker before then, I liked the glory. Once I got to Bolton Wanderers they put me in defence and I really stood out.”

After two years there, Bartley, who was born in Stockport, was spotted by Arsenal. “When I was 15 I played in the Victory Shield for England and Arsenal had scouts there. It all happened quick, a few weeks later they contacted my parents. We discussed things and I made the move.

“At 15, moving south was a bit daunting but it was a massive club, great structure, and obviously a fantastic manager. It really helped me as a person and a player. I learnt a lot – on and off the pitch. Even now when I step out I try to play the game in the Arsenal mould.”

Bartley captained the reserves, won the 2009 FA Youth Cup and made that sole appearance under Arsène Wenger in a 1-0 defeat at Olympiakos. He was loaned out twice each to Sheffield United and Rangers before leaving permanently for Swansea in 2012. There he gained Premier League experience and, again, went out on a temporary basis to Birmingham City before rejoining Monk.

Now, Bartley craves stability. “I would like to settle down at one club, be first-choice, have a good stretch of years and really enjoy it. But at this moment I’m on loan and we’ll see what happens.”

He is proving a success at Leeds. He was man of the match in Saturday’s 2-1 win at Rotherham United and is a key part of Leeds’ rise to fifth place in the Championship.

And, despite playing down Tuesday’s tie as “just another 90 minutes”, Bartley says: “It will be fantastic – especially a night game, under lights, a really good buzz.”

Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge and Adam Lallana may be injured but Jürgen Klopp can still select from a squad who include Roberto Firminio, Jordan Henderson and Sadio Mané. Liverpool are also second in the Premier League, having lost only once.

Bartley is calm regarding the challenge. “We know they’re a great team but if we’re great and they’re not, we’ve got every chance.”

Expect Bartley to offer a similar message to his team-mates before walking out at Anfield.

Big article in the swedish paper Aftonbladet. Alot about pontus and the club
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/kronikorer/erikniva/article24006550.ab

Google translated the text and hopefully it wont look to funny.

"Pontus Jansson is god here - seriously"
Erik Niva went to Leeds to find out why the Swede is so worshiped

In almost 15 years they have been Europe's most under-performing big club - but the fall of 2016 hope Leeds United back.
Kvalplats to the Premier League, quarter-finals of the League Cup and a tall skåning in central defense.
There is a better footballer than Swedish Pontus Jansson. However, there are no other active Swedish is equally worshiped in her new hometown.

It was just a small gesture, but it would have major consequences in a completely different country in a different continent. It was a maneuver that allowed the more experienced men around the wooden table shaking their heads and looking askance against Donald Trump.
- Ooh, Donald ... You do not realize what you have just done.
What Trump set to the right this time? Well, he had raffled Leeds United to Manchester United in the English League Cup quarter of an hour, season 1991-92. He had thrown a bloody piece of meat into a freshly roused bear, electrified a football town moving into a new era.
Leeds United were on the march, and when the white machine well moving forward till it be very difficult to stop.
Six months later, they had won the English league.
Almost exactly 25 years later, Leeds United will once again play the League Cup quarter against one of the red giants of the English football establishment.
The world has changed too much for it to be worth it to get caught in the far-fetched parallels between then and now - in terms of both Donald Trump and Leeds United - but the feeling of forward change and improvement is certainly familiar.

This time it's a 25 year-old bruiser from Arlöv who set things in motion.
- The moment when I realized that something was about to happen ... It was in the match against Huddersfield, Pontus Jansson's first. My place on the short side is right in front of him. He won a tackle - and then he turned towards the Kop with his fists in the air and screamed. The audience responded up immediately, in the minutes that followed, the volume in the arena higher than it has been for a while. We have not had a player who has done something like this in a long time. We have not had any strong characters, we have not had any body language that showed they cared.
Leeds lost the game, too, ended the season sixth round of the relegation place. There was talk already about the new manager Garry Monk would be a new Jack the plunger jokes Figure owner Massimo Cellino.
- Nevertheless, people went from Elland Road, and said: "Did you see what that new guy did? Celebrated a tackle. "

A bizarre journey
Daniel Chapman is one of the editors of the influential Leeds United-fanzine 'The Square Ball ". The tenacious supporter magazine has been around since the 1980s, and Chapman has been on the whole bizarre spöktågsresan who has been the club's modern history.
Liga title in 1992, just before the old first division was launched on the Premier League. Sales of Eric Cantona at Manchester United. The momentum blind Peter Ridsdale-years, with the Champions League semi-finals and overpaid goldfish. Ill-treatment Trials against Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate, great team that burst.
And so the dark, pitch black and endless darkness. Thirteen seasons outside the Premier League, a long turn down in the third division. Europe most underachieving club. A painful parade of faceless and unpopular owners, one more whimsical and corrupt than the other.
- We have become accustomed to being treated like crap, and there has never been a ray of hope that things will get better again. I have sat at Elland Road and just wanted to go from there. Lousy football player without personality, insane owners. There was a moment at the end of last season ... We got a team shirt to work, with all autographs on. Both my colleague and I are huge fans, but we looked at it and just "oh well". I felt nothing for any of those players. It was such a strange experience to have that sweater in hand, like holding a religious artifact that lost all power and meaning.

It is fair to say that Daniel Chapman would hardly be the cover boy for an advertising campaign of positive thinking. Maybe it's his personality, maybe that's what a life with Leeds United makes a man.
- There have been directly animosity between the fans and the players, to the point where fans felt the need to practically force some players to respect the club they represent. But they just shrugged, not caring. People have stopped them on the street and told them to feck off out of Leeds.
I understand that you were not particularly fond of the guy that Pontus Jansson replaced.
- Giuseppe Bellusci from Catania. A p***k. He played as one, and he acted like one. But that's just it with Pontus Jansson ... The contrast with what we had in the past is so strong, like night and day.
Normally, "The Square Ball" written in quite bitter, disillusioned tone - but as soon as the lyrics touch Pontus Jansson switches tone to euphoric chanting.
"A Scandinavian god of thunder." "Terminator 2". "A colossus". "King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone." "A force of nature." "Förkroppslingen of Christ."
This is his status in Leeds is nothing we Swedes exaggerates, rather the opposite. Even Ibrahimovic has the exclusive status of star tight Manchester six mil away on the other side of the Pennines.
- Pontus Jansson is a god here. Seriously. Even now, he has shown us more than any other player made at least three years. Or yes ... To be honest I can not remember a new player who made the same impression since Vinnie Jones came here in 1989. You see ten-year olds in the city and in the stands with Pontus Jansson-hairstyles, and such things are not artificial. It is real, it is real.

"Northern England Barcelona"
When we meet up Pontus Jansson has just started to rain. Of course. In the 1990s, made the city an attempt to launch himself as "Northern England Barcelona," but there was no one who believed in statistics graphs which stated that it rained less in Yorkshire than in Catalonia.
- But I promise, when I first came here, the sun shone all the time.

And now?
- Now it has rained every day for two weeks.
In this situation Pontus Jansson had been able to stay in Nice and top of the French league. He had an inquiry from there - just as he had an offer to form well-paid defender saved by Andreas Granqvist in Krasnodar - but there was something that drew him in another direction.
On Monday morning he had his suspicions confirmed, Torino thought really procrastinate away his agreed contract extension. On Tuesday evening, he sat at Elland Road saw Leeds face Fulham. On Wednesday, he signed.
- It was just something with Leeds that felt right from the first moment. The first time I saw Garry Monk ... It was a 20-meter corridor, and we came from different directions. He lit up instantly, jumped on me and hugged me. I received direct this feeling: "At last, a coach who really believes in me, that I can have a relationship with."
Despite the rain, Pontus Jansson waited outside the Italian espresso bar where we actually have an appointment. It is fully there, and he does not want to be the one that gives the impression that require a seat.
This Tuesday afternoon he does not look like a Scandinavian god of thunder. He has släntrat down in black sweatpants and a woolhat he would rather not take off even for shooting.
- The hair is not for that, I need my magic hat. But it's nice here in Leeds. In Turin I felt like they needed to dress up every time you would like to eat.
It is not so much Arlöv care about your hair that way.
- In Arlöv take never off his cap.
Pontus Jansson
Pontus Jansson Photo: TT
Returning always to Arlöv
Sure you can try, but it is actually impossible to talk with Pontus Jansson who he is and what he stands for, without getting caught in the motley Malmo suburb of Arlöv.
He returns there all the time, both linguistically and literally. How he became a football fan who devoted their teens to painting tifo flags and go on away games? Arlöv. How did he MFF successor who actually wanted to sign a lifetime contract with the club, but instead gave them five transfers million from his own pocket? Arlöv. And how he became neighbor who went directly from the premier division top fighting for the youth cups to sleep on air mattress in a gymnasium with boys' team he coached? Guess themselves.

If you're a Leeds supporter who appreciate Pontus Jansson - then you appreciate also the people, the environment and values that shaped him. The entire higher forearm covered by the tattoo "Ne umquam Obliviscaris bottom venias", Latin for "Never forget where you come from."
- I do not know why it is so important, but it has colored me over the years. I have this image of fear that those at home to think I'm floating in the clouds and do not care about them just because I have ended up here.
Have you always thought like this?
- Yes. It probably started already when I was in ninth grade and began playing for Malmo. They came into the school and got this: "Oooh, which will star" ... And even then I felt a discomfort to get the title, the others looked at me so. I just wanted to be one of the guys in Arlöv. Sometimes when we sit and talk now and there will be talk about that I'm rich and do not need to think about money ... I just feel like, "Please, do not talk so." It was only a few days ago that an old classmate said something about "lyxliraren" and I again ... "I do not like it when you say so."
Many of Pontus Jansson's childhood friends had a tough time in school, "had to find other ways to make money." Had he been able to get into that kind of life on the margin?
- Hard to say. I've probably been a little brat and gangsters during my younger years, but I've been so incredibly strong support from my family. Throughout adolescence - even when I played in Malmo - after all, I was there and saw much of this shit happened at night. All gangs, all fights and so ... It was sometime when I was at the recreation center as a gang stormed it with baseball bats and smashed everything they saw. That happened during the childhood.
What did you do?
- Ran for life.
It is difficult for me to believe.
- Why, it was much fights in school too. I was actually not so often involved, but sometimes I'd stop in and and got myself a few slap in the face. I just felt: "Shit, why do you fight?". I find it hard to hurt people, I feel so sorry for them ... It is enough that I see someone sitting alone, I get a lump in the breast. He may not even have it tough, but ... I just want all people to have a good time, I care about people. One should take care of everyone.

Leeds is a rather peculiar city, marked by megalomania and inferiority complex at the same time.
In February 2009, Leeds United lost 2-0 against Hereford and fell even deeper into the third division. Yet placed away fans little Edgar Street persistently singing the same song:
- We are the champions, the champions of Europe.
Now has never Leeds United were European champions, but it's like the point. Themselves are convinced that they were deprived of their rightful title when the French rulings team found a diffuse offside Peter Lorimer in the European Cup final against Bayern Munich, 1975. They are fixated on the idea of the general and consistent is opposed, both on and off the field .
But just because you're paranoid does not know what that one is not persecuted.
Leeds has found itself in being the hidden and marginalized industrial city that gets the terms dictated by the power of men in London. Throughout history they have sought a larger role, a clearer recognition. They have never received it.

"We never got any respect"
Nowhere is this struggle manifested itself as clearly as in football stadiums.
Leeds United have no fotbollsaristokratisk impressive pedigree - this was previously a rugby stronghold, and the club was founded as recently as 1919 - but rather the soiled upstart who kicked in the front door and trudged into the ballroom.
They came from nowhere, but in the 1960s did the mythical manager Don Revie them to the best team in England. There was a band of brothers that are not backed or swerved for something, but pushed the boundaries and did everything that was required.
Unwritten rules and fuzzy code of honor was not for them. Great with the ball, even better in the battle. Super Leeds, they told themselves. Dirty Leeds, said the rest of England. "Keep fighting," it said on the sign Don Revie hung up outside the dressing room.
- We had the best European teams, but we never got any recognition or respect. Instead, it was a question of: "What exactly do they think they are?". It both was and is an establishment that does not think that a club from these parts of the north of England - with players, coaches and fans from the working class - will bring with Real Madrid's attitude.

Daniel Chapman fingers on some of the most infected tags around the white rose. Don Revie which was never knighted by Matt Busby. Norman Hunter who had to wait for more than 40 years of his gold medal from the World Championships in 1966.
Everything becomes extra sensitive because football has become so closely associated with Leeds dreams and aspirations. It is England's fourth largest city, yet there really nothing here. Even aside from football, Manchester and Liverpool's world-famous cities, thanks to its music. Outside Yorkshire Leeds is however not known for anything at all.
- Over time, this lack of recognition turned into a self-sufficient love for what we still have. Take this to the music of the 1990s ... Manchester had perhaps Stone Roses, Oasis and the Happy Mondays, but we had bands like The Bridewell Taxis, Cud and James. They were never large, internationally or even nationally, but their local entourage were extremely dedicated and loyal. More and more, we've got this feeling that we do not need someone else's attention or approval. There was a large electronic band here called Utah Saints, and they had clubs around 1990 began to get attention from the press in London. The journalists called and asked for tickets to write about everything that happened, but Utah Saints simply: "Well ... no." We have sold out every night, it's full of people from here north already know everything about us. We do not need you. Who cares what anyone outside Leeds thinks?
Beyond the pale tasteless
Virtually all the fans across the UK are usually able to unite into a single chant: "We all hate Leeds scum". And the highest of all singing Leeds supporters themselves.
Do you think they care about your condemnations and insults? They have decided to play by their own rules, far beyond tasteless unit established boundaries.
In the 1970s, a serial killer loose among the prostitutes in Leeds so-called light district. "There's Only One Yorkshire Ripper," sang Elland Road. A year revealed that the city's own television mysfarbror Jimmy Saville in fact been an unscrupulous sex offenders. "Jimmy Saville - he shags who he wants."

- It has well been a way to build a shelter, to make ourselves untouchable. There's nothing you can sing to us that you come to us with. We're Leeds United - we do not give a feck.
Last weekend was sold out Elland Road for the first time in six years. In the evening take Leeds to the 5500 fans to Anfield, and is deeply indignant that they had a larger section. On Saturday, Aston Villa to town, and it may well be crowded again.
It's not that someone takes some successes for granted - no hope for that much more than keeping this place qualifier against the Premier League - but the little streak hope that finally possible to discern sufficient terribly far.
- The belief in it has started to come back, you see it in the eyes of everyone around the club. I said it from day one: "I come here to take Leeds to the Premier League." Then laughed're all for me. "What are you saying? We are much closer to go out than to go up. " But in addition to Newcastle, we have been better than any team I've met so far, and then we still met virtually all the top teams and favorites.
Sometimes it takes no more than a handful of victories to break a vicious circle. In a unique case, three months enough to become a folk hero and club icon. Pontus Jansson laughs and shrugs.
- The sick thing is that I'm not even a Leeds player yet, I'm only here on loan.
The extent to which you take in all of this estimate, all these feelings that invested in you - and the extent to which you just have to be a professional football player who does what is best for you and your career?
- I do not know, that is ... The love that I feel here - I felt barely in Malmo. When I was there revolved a lot around me, and when I was in Torino I always said: "It's nice to be a bit neglected, not to be greatest." But now when I come here I feel ... Damn, I missed it, to be the one that everyone talks about. I come in to warm and feel that there comes a murmur when they see me. It's such a great feeling, it warms - and right now I just feel: "Damn, here I stay." I want them to find a solution that allows me to become Leeds players for real, then we take it from there.

Like many Swedes have really Pontus Jansson quite difficult to talk about oneself, difficult to take in the praise - but he has had to get used to over the years.
Even as a 21-year-old, he got a malmöits final recognition, then himself Bosse Larsson referring to him as the MFF's best player.
- Then dad got tears in his eyes. Dad never says "Bosse Larsson," he always says "God." For him, he is much bigger than Zlatan. And when his biggest idol said something nice about his son ... It meant so much to him. He has that clip on the wall somewhere at home.
He is not the quiet, older men who find it difficult to tell how proud he is?
- Are you kidding?! He talks about his son all the time. There are many times you have been ashamed that he constantly should boast.
Pontus Jansson sure to brag a little about my father Leif, too, tells of an unpaid football leaders who washed clothes and carried bollnät in decade after decade.
- I am extremely proud of him. He has been at the same job as a glazier in more than 40 years, worked from seven to four, fought every day for a pisslön. I can think, "How the hell did he manage?". When I sent money home from Italy to Sweden, he saw the receipt for the item and only, "That's what I earn in five years." When he says, I get a lump in the breast. It feels wrong. What do I do more important than what he does?
How often he flies to Europe to see you play?
- Never. It never happened. He does not like to travel and fly, and actually I'm the same. Before I started playing in the boys' teams, I had hardly been outside the boundaries of Skåne. I had not played football, I had never seen the world, I would have just been a malmöit who stayed at home. But I hope that my father sometime can come here and see for themselves how much I've become. Then I could feel that I accomplished something with my football.
Like most British industrial cities consist of an upgraded Leeds city center and crumbling outer areas. Someone compared the city with a jam donut; an inviting small nucleus surrounded by a flabby, sluggish mass.

Elland Road is squeezed out of the dough. During the heaviest factory years there used to fall annually more than 200 tons of soot every single square here.
The residential area of Beeston is located at a height above the arena. Straight streets with clipped red brick house. Discarded sofas on the sidewalk, washing lines between houses in Italy in 1930 century fashions.
The summer of 2005 became world famous Beeston, when two of the terrorists who carried out the July 7 bombing in London came from here. A third assailant was from Holbeck, down the hill.
Through the years, Leeds United come to be associated with segregation and division rather than solidarity and cohesion. The racist elements have not been completely erased from the stands, and in the neighborhoods around here, young people with Asian roots played for themselves in the parks instead of going to Elland Road.
- The distance between the club and the local community has just grown and grown. Its sad.
The walk between Holbeck and Elland Road only takes a few minutes. Through an industrial area, to the tunnel under the highway and then the front. "Cellino out," the scrawled on the concrete in front of the viaduct.
Last year, often sitting a guy named Andy here, at the beginning of the road tunnel between Lowfields Road and the stadium itself. He had lost his printing job, missing family and forced to live homeless for nearly a year.
Today he has an apartment and a life again. Leeds United fans donated money, food and furniture until he came to his feet. An elderly lady from the long side would even take home his laundry in between matches.
- For the most part I feel after me cynical towards football and Leeds United, but the stories it gives me a bit of confidence back. Basically it's good people who come here. We have allowed ourselves to be used for too long - been too poor to protest against any mismanagement - but give us something clearly to gather around so we will still stop and march forward together. Put a homeless guy outside the stadium and we will help him. Place Pontus Jansson in the middle, and we worship him.

"A form of masochism"
We have spent an hour trying to piece together Leeds United's identity, and Daniel Chapman has come to the segment where there will be room for some optimism amid skepticism and fatalism.

- There is a clear streaks with us where we are convinced that things are never what they seem. There is always something hidden behind the corner waiting for us. A portion of each Leeds supporters personality is the conviction that all success is fleeting, and that a kick in the balls is only steps away. Everyone is looking after us, and the cosmos is against us. Somewhere is the one fear that this all around Pontus Jansson's only an illusion. Maybe he proves to be the world's worst human, maybe he starts playing like crap as soon as we bought him loose. Or maybe we never manage to buy him at all.
What then?
- I would say that there would be riots in the streets, we'd burn down the stadium. But all setbacks over the years has also generated some kind of pride in just being able to swallow everything that is thrown at us, receive the toughest battles yet only proceed forward as if nothing had happened. There is almost no form of Masochism.
Daniel Chapman scratching his beard, asked timidly if we can think of to bring a bag of gifts and pass to Pontus Jansson. He is 36 years old, torn between childish enthusiasm and weathered bitterness.
- If we lose Pontus Jansson we will do exactly the same things as we have always done otherwise. We will go home in the rain, buy a pint - and whine. Then we go anyway back to Elland Road the week after. But having said that ... Can not get to be different for once? Can not Pontus Jansson be exactly who we think he is? Can not we get something to believe in again?

So Jansson was hailed by fans after fine gesture
What a wonderful gesture. You're a real cult hero.
You are more than a decent human being. This was felt in the heart.
He is a machine in the defense and also a great character. Dear center-back we have had for many years.
Continue like this, I will leave my wife for you. She will understand.
We have found our new Vinnie Jones!
Incredible image, Pontus, and the nice gesture.
Write on a 12 year contract.
Take us back where we belong, Pontus. Have not had a favorite that you in many years.
Marry me.
A top male and genteman. On the way to becoming a legend in Leeds United.

10 hours ago, Glasgow Loon said:

For 75 minutes we were the better side and should have been at least 2-0 up but the old failing of not taking our chances came back to haunt us as usual.

I don't agree 'You' / Leeds were the better side for the first 75 minutes. Liverpool had about 3/4 of the possession and chances wise pretty similar. Had some big chances to take the lead in the 2nd half before Liverpool got on top. 

What do we reckon today lads? I think a draw wouldn't be a disaster. Gutted I couldn't get tickets so will be watching at my mate's house then heading up town.

Play like we did against Liverpool and we should win this. But play like we did against Rotherham in the second half we'll get hammered.

Reckon itll be a Leeds win or draw though.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What do we reckon today lads? I think a draw wouldn't be a disaster. Gutted I couldn't get tickets so will be watching at my mate's house then heading up town.

That's what happens when you just try and choose the big games ... :P 

We were better side first half but didn't create too much other than the chance Gardner fucked up.

Second half, Leeds took their chances better than us. No complaints. But one defeat in eight isn't a nightmare.

Hopefully Leeds' attendances will stay decent and not just be good when they play the big clubs. [emoji6]