The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Second deadline day signing confirmed:-

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/21563/barrow-second-deadline-day-signing

Interesting that if these are the two players Monk was after that both are wingers.

Badly needed a left winger/midfielder all season long as both Dallas and Doukara have played there to no great effect.

Barrow will challenge Sacko for the right wing spot.

Just announced on the OS:-

Popular defender to remain at Elland Road.

Leeds United are thrilled to confirm that centre-back Pontus Jansson will join the club on a permanent deal when his loan expires this summer.

The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year contract, tying him at Elland Road until at least the end of the 2019/20 season.

Jansson began his career with Swedish outfit Malmö FF, where he made 89 outings before joining Italian Serie A side Torino in 2014.

He has been capped at international level for Sweden's Under-17s, Under-19s and Under-21s, along with appearing ten times for the senior side.

Initially joining United on loan back in August, the defender has gone on to become a crowd favourite, with his fierce challenges and passion shown on the pitch.

He made his debut in the 1-0 EFL Cup victory over Luton Town and scored his first goal in the 3-2 win over Norwich City at Carrow Road in November.

In total Jansson has made 23 appearances for the Whites, scoring three goals, with his latest- a winner in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers.

The defender has played an instrumental role in helping Leeds to our current spot of fourth place in the Sky Bet Championship.

Disappointing to lose so late and galling that it was "just one of those things", no one's error really - Ayling instinctively stuck out a boot and deflected a harmless shot right behind our back line and straight to Hefele. 1st goal was down to the failure of Berardi to deal with trapping the ball. Jansson then had no choice but to run out to try to stop the man and did well enough but sod's law it went straight to the other bloke. Just bad breaks of the ball which have more often than gone for us this season. Our goal was actually appalling defending by Town. Overall no one would have argued much if it had gone the extra minute for a draw.
Hernandez was the problem for me,  the bloke only seems to have an hour of legs and actually throughout the game his passing was poor. I know he is going to misplace passes (that's his game, he is gambling on a pass getting through and as they say, you don't get an omelette without breaking some eggs) but he was doing it too often and that was losing us possession. His role is really key to us and I was hoping for a younger version in the transfer window. Not to be so we have to be sparing with him. Other than that everyone else did their jobs, some better than others.
On the fracas... give me more of that! No one died, the fans of both sides loved it at the time (regardless of what they say now!) Yes, Wagner broke the rules and yes, Monk made a point of stepping in his way to effectively remind him of his manners but flipping heck folks, it's a game that should stir the emotions and I loved it all! We don't see it often enough - it's the sort of stuff Pontus is giving us every game!
I always thought they'd have a bit too much for us so actually, to only be a minute from a point, I was pleased with us and don't think it makes any long term difference to our chances this season. The key now is to beat Cardiff and get back on track. Then beat Bristol and all is well at least for the play-offs. My guess is that we need a lot of help now from the others to get top two. Ipswich will be far more difficult than people think.

Edited by Glasgow Loon