The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Garry Monk post match interview:-

We came to win and you could see that. We had a game plan and we followed it exceptionally well - and it worked. But that's football. The players are hurting but I thought we were excellent tonight. We followed the plan to a tee.

It was a worldie finish - and it was going to take something like that to beat us. Right until the very end, we did our work and I thought we played an excellent game. But football can be cruel.

We had to set up a little bit more counter-attack [minded], nullifying their threats and looking dangerous. They had a lot of the ball but in spaces that weren't really hurting us. It was a fantastic performance against a good team. It was a good point.

More from his interview:-

We were probably 20 seconds away from a perfect game plan. From my view, I thought Kalvin Phillips' tackle was a perfectly good tackle - and that decision went against us, but it happens. It was a fantastic result and a fantastic performance. 

I trust all these players and you saw tonight pure passion and desire to follow the game plan - and to do it with quality, as well. It feels a bit deflating but that's football. 

Chris Wood just had a bit of tightness in the calf after the Birmingham game, so rather than risking him - I trust my whole squad - I rested him, and that's what a squad's about. 

I think he'll be alright for QPR but it's my job to manage the group. I was very proud of the players - you can see how much they've given. That's what the fans pay to watch and they're getting it from this team. 

Wrong team selection from Monk again.

Roofe proved he isnt a right winger.

Hernandez was just rank rotten again.

There is no plan B or C when the A game isnt working.

I have said for months we dont need two defensive midfielders.

The team looked tired after Tuesday nights game as we lacked energy and had no fizz on the passing to break QPR down.

Wood didnt look fit and wasnt making his usual runs to close down their defenders.

As was said on the radio we are the only team in the top 6 who havent lost a game in the last six games.

Also I just wish we could get a Ref who doesnt want to be centre of attention unlike yesterdays Ref who was just shocking.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Leeds are going up.

Why the f**k couldn't they have done that last week to?

They've surely left themselves too much to do to catch either of the top though. Wouldn't like to call the play offs. 

They've surely left themselves too much to do to catch either of the top though. Wouldn't like to call the play offs. 

Theres no way we'll get automatics, but i fancy us in the play offs. Apart from Huddersfield we've done well against the rest of the teams in the play offs.

Beating Huddersfield in the final would be sensational.

20 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Theres no way we'll get automatics, but i fancy us in the play offs. Apart from Huddersfield we've done well against the rest of the teams in the play offs.

Beating Huddersfield in the final would be sensational.

That would be some final especially after the agro in the last game! Big chance missed by Fulham today to get back into the top 6. 

That would be some final especially after the agro in the last game! Big chance missed by Fulham today to get back into the top 6. 

Would be, reckon we'd get a good 50K tickets, no way Huddersfield will sell out.

Fulham are my biggest worry tbh.

9 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Would be, reckon we'd get a good 50K tickets, no way Huddersfield will sell out.

Fulham are my biggest worry tbh.

Are they! I saw Fulham win at Ipswich on Boxing Day and was really impressed with them.