The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Glasgow Loon said:

Polish internationalist Mateusz Klich signed today on a 3 year contract.

Also hearing that we have made an £18m signing which if true is the buying back of ER, which will be the best £18m signing we have made in years.

How many £18m signings have Leeds made in recent times?

Stadium returns to the club.

Leeds United are delighted to announce that Greenfield Investment Pte Ltd, an Aser Group company and parent company of Leeds United Football Club Limited, has completed the purchase of Elland Road Stadium.

The Old Peacock Ground has been our home since 1919 and today's announcement will see the stadium return to the club for the first time since it was sold in 2004, during a period of financial difficulty.

Speaking on this historical acquisition, Chairman Andrea Radrizzani said: “Today is an important day in our history and a proud day for me and my team.

“When I met with both management and supporters during my first few months at the club, the purchase of Elland Road was very high on their list of priorities and I'm delighted to be able to announce that we have completed that process today.”

Leader of Leeds City Council, Councillor Judith Blake also commented on the purchase of Elland Road, stating: “It is fantastic news that the club have confirmed the buy-back of Elland Road Stadium.

“This is an extremely positive step in the right direction for everyone associated with Leeds United and especially the club’s tremendous and loyal fans.

“As we prepare for the new season to begin in August, I very much welcome the intent being shown by Andrea to move the club forward with real purpose and ambition.”

Work to improve and update Elland Road has already begun and will be completed by the start of the season.

We will keep supporters regularly updated with these actions throughout the summer.

# LUFC 1st half XI v @ HarrogateTown: Green, Denton, Cooper, Diagouraga, O'Connor, Gomes, Bridcutt, Klich, Roofe, Doukara, Antonsson.

# LUFC 2nd half XI v @ HarrogateTown: Wiedwald, Berardi, P. McKay, Bellusci, Ayling, Dallas, Phillips, Vieira, Sacko, Hernandez, Erwin.

Won 4-2 with goals from Roofe Pen, Gomes in the 1st half and Hernandez and Erwin in the 2nd.