The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Always thought that the derby games wouldnt be good for us and so its proving.

Still to keep a clean sheet after letting in 5 helps.

Bruce,Somma and Mccormack have to geet a run in the team after their performances tonight.

Somma MOTM.

I thought Mccormack was fairly ineffectual to be honest.

Somma is the next Ibra. ph34r.gif

Once we get all the injuries out of the way and can start a full strength team I see no reason why (with a few additions in the window maybe) we can't get a strong finish, I expect to be in the top half, it's a long long season, away draws are good.

Somma is the next Ibra. ph34r.gif

Once we get all the injuries out of the way and can start a full strength team I see no reason why (with a few additions in the window maybe) we can't get a strong finish, I expect to be in the top half, it's a long long season, away draws are good.

You must have been concerned with the fair on offer?

The championship is wrongly praised, buttonights game would have been slaughtered if it was QOS v Ayr of similar. The lack of real basics like not knocking the ball 5 yards ahead was evident.

The championship is wrongly praised, buttonights game would have been slaughtered if it was QOS v Ayr of similar. The lack of real basics like not knocking the ball 5 yards ahead was evident.

From playing away at part timers in league one last year to playing in friday nights tv game with a slight hope of making the play-offs. You can't say standard hasn't improved, wasn't an amazing game but we just got smashed 5-2 on tuesday, so it was never going to be an all out attacking game tonight. Clean sheet, away derby point. Look forward to the sheff utd game.

I thought the first half was fairly entertaining. The second half, not so much.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100921/biggest-crowd-in-yorkshire_2247585_2161089

Over 32,000 expected for this derby, can't wait! thumbup2.gif

Got my ticket through for the Preston game a week tonight, should be nowhere near the same size of crowd though, then the next game after that at ER I think is the Cardiff one which has been moved to 12:30 kick off now. Will be good to see Bellamy again, not holding out for a win though as they are one of the favourites for the title but I'm sure we will give them a good run in.

http://www.leedsunit...2247585_2161089

Got my ticket through for the Preston game a week tonight, should be nowhere near the same size of crowd though, then the next game after that at ER I think is the Cardiff one which has been moved to 12:30 kick off now. Will be good to see Bellamy again, not holding out for a win though as they are one of the favourites for the title but I'm sure we will give them a good run in.

Next home game after Preston is Leicester City on Tue 19th of Oct, Cardiff City is on Sat 23rd Oct.

Expect Fergie's lad to take some stick again when he visits ER.

Edited by repeat_offender

Next home game after Preston is Leicester City on Tue 19th of Oct, Cardiff City is on Sat 23rd Oct.

Expect Fergie's lad to take some stick again when he visits ER.

Ah yeah forgot about Leicester, Fergies lad is lucky to still have a job, a loss for him tonight and at the weekend could put him in a tricky spot, maybe we have the chance to finish him off. The Preston keeper just got a 5K fine for his behaviour to the hull crowd in the last game, so he will probably be on the recieving end of some stick as well.

Sheff utd are struggling to sell their full alocation of tickets for this next game, still around 34-35,000 people expected to be there though.

Just back from the Leeds game, quite a good game in parts spoilt by the ref, 33,000 at Elland Road all in fine voice, I was in the kop N4 3 rows up Dead centre behind the goals, Higgs was excellent today and his save right at the death was brilliant. Snodgrass was brilliant from coming on at the hour mark and done superbly to get the ball to Johnson to set up the goal 5 minutes from time, he was sent off for a 2nd bookable offence (looked nothing to me but I'll need to see it on tv to make a proper judgement). All in all a good 3 points that sees up move up into 5th place.

WE ARE SUPER LEEDS AND WE ARE GOING UP!

Just back from the Leeds game, quite a good game in parts spoilt by the ref, 33,000 at Elland Road all in fine voice, I was in the kop N4 3 rows up Dead centre behind the goals, Higgs was excellent today and his save right at the death was brilliant. Snodgrass was brilliant from coming on at the hour mark and done superbly to get the ball to Johnson to set up the goal 5 minutes from time, he was sent off for a 2nd bookable offence (looked nothing to me but I'll need to see it on tv to make a proper judgement). All in all a good 3 points that sees up move up into 5th place.

WE ARE SUPER LEEDS AND WE ARE GOING UP!

Did you see the chief at half time?

& how bad was the durk from the west stand that couldn't find the net from the penalty spot at half time in front of the kop? Reminded me of Diana Ross.

If you kick a football like a complete shirley volounteering for the half time penalty challenge isn't a good idea.

Edited by repeat_offender

Did you see the chief at half time?

& how bad was the durk from the west stand that couldn't find the net from the penalty spot at half time in front of the kop? Reminded me of Diana Ross.

If you kick a football like a complete shirley volounteering for the half time penalty challenge isn't a good idea.

Aye I know, I couldn't belive that guy, £50 if you can hit the back of an empty net from the penalty spot without the ball bouncing and the nob skies it! Then to rub it in he gets told "just for fun have another go, no money on the line though" and hits it perfectly. I reckong I could have done up to the 3rd level of that, doubt I'd get the £2500 for hitting it perfectly from half way though.

Great to see Lucas at HT, my membership card hasn't came through yet so I wasn't abou early on before K.O. when he was doing his book signing, Think he's about at the white rose(?) tomorrow doing another signing if you missed it.

"You're not fit, You're not fit, Yooou're not fit to Referee!" That ref was taking the piss today, I honestly thought he had sent Kilkenny off before seeing it was infact that blades cock. Couldn't belive Snodders got a red... still waiting for the highlights show before I can see how much was in that 2nd yellow.

Thought Johnson had a good game, Sam was utter pish though, some awful runs/passes/set pieces. Just not his day. Suprised Becchio stayed on and Somma got subbed, would have had it the other way around. Where did you sit btw? Was great to see the East upper opened up and filled quite well, I'll be back on Tuesday when we will hopefully play better against a Preston side that is vastly improving.

Also did you see the polis knocking lumps out of those Sheff morons after the game, they were let out at the same time, Police completly swarming around the Bremner statue and some bitter blade throws a traffic cone at a police horse, then I saw a blade hooligan looking for trouble on his way to the busses and said to a police woman "you're a c**t, you lot have fucked up today" and she just floored him, bent him over a baracade and her and a police man smacked his legs with the batons, serves him right, skin head w**k looking for trouble and battered by a woman and to add to his humilliation his pants fell down.

Great day. biggrin.gif

Aye I know, I couldn't belive that guy, £50 if you can hit the back of an empty net from the penalty spot without the ball bouncing and the nob skies it! Then to rub it in he gets told "just for fun have another go, no money on the line though" and hits it perfectly. I reckong I could have done up to the 3rd level of that, doubt I'd get the £2500 for hitting it perfectly from half way though.

Great to see Lucas at HT, my membership card hasn't came through yet so I wasn't abou early on before K.O. when he was doing his book signing, Think he's about at the white rose(?) tomorrow doing another signing if you missed it.

"You're not fit, You're not fit, Yooou're not fit to Referee!" That ref was taking the piss today, I honestly thought he had sent Kilkenny off before seeing it was infact that blades cock. Couldn't belive Snodders got a red... still waiting for the highlights show before I can see how much was in that 2nd yellow.

Thought Johnson had a good game, Sam was utter pish though, some awful runs/passes/set pieces. Just not his day. Suprised Becchio stayed on and Somma got subbed, would have had it the other way around. Where did you sit btw? Was great to see the East upper opened up and filled quite well, I'll be back on Tuesday when we will hopefully play better against a Preston side that is vastly improving.

Also did you see the polis knocking lumps out of those Sheff morons after the game, they were let out at the same time, Police completly swarming around the Bremner statue and some bitter blade throws a traffic cone at a police horse, then I saw a blade hooligan looking for trouble on his way to the busses and said to a police woman "you're a c**t, you lot have fucked up today" and she just floored him, bent him over a baracade and her and a police man smacked his legs with the batons, serves him right, skin head w**k looking for trouble and battered by a woman and to add to his humilliation his pants fell down.

Great day. biggrin.gif

The bloke who was picked to do the half time challenge for the 1st match home game of the season (Derby County) was possibly worse than todays excuse. Best effort this year so far was Steve from Garforth against Swansea managed it from just inside the half way line (they always seem to pick candidates from the West Stand for some reason).

I'm in the KOP this year N11. Seemed to be a bit of hand bags after the match, couldn't get out of the car park on Wesley Street for mounted police charging about the place.

fingers crossed for Tuesday.

fingers crossed for Tuesday.

I've got an awful feeling about this game.... But we need to get it together and say, Look we're 5th in the Championship, doing brilliantly thus far, A good home win against this relegation zone team and we will more than likely move even higher up the table.

Heart says 3-0

Head says 2-1/1-1

Been reported on the Radio that a Leeds fan was stabbed after the game, was on the local radio at 8pm according to a couple of leeds fan sites.

sad.gif The police should never have let the Sheffield United fans out at the same time as us, the red cards, late goal, derby game, 33,000 fans and a lot of hatrid in the air.... not suprised something happened, stupid stupid mistake to let them out at the same time, I hope the find the c**t who takes a knife to a football game, I saw them rioting and a fan ran onto the pitch at the end of the game too, poor show from the security.

Edited by Kris Boyd

Been reported on the Radio that a Leeds fan was stabbed after the game, was on the local radio at 8pm according to a couple of leeds fan sites.

sad.gif The police should never have let the Sheffield United fans out at the same time as us, the red cards, late goal, derby game, 33,000 fans and a lot of hatrid in the air.... not suprised something happened, stupid stupid mistake to let them out at the same time, I hope the find the c**t who takes a knife to a football game, I saw them rioting and a fan ran onto the pitch at the end of the game too, poor show from the security.

I thought it was a pretty tepid affair, the rivalry is a 1 way job. Events at Bramall Lane barely even register at LS11.

I thought it was a pretty tepid affair, the rivalry is a 1 way job. Events at Bramall Lane barely even register at LS11.

I think today was quite a heated affair though, we hadn't beaten them in 17 years, so a win was great to get the monkey off our back, I know that we still see our rivals as Man Utd but whilst still in the Championship I don't mind a good bit of banter with the likes of Sheffield United, We're up in 5th place and looking good, could be up to 2nd come Tuesday, got to keep aiming high, can't wait to face the mancs again, would Love it if we got them in the FA cup again.

Saw myself briefly on the championship MOTD version just then, that Snodgrass sending off was very very poor from the ref, the first yellow he got when he had barely been on the park 5 mins and then that was for not getting the right distance back in a free kick, and that little midget Britton ran into him for the red card and went down holding his face. The shef utd player sent off was a clear red, few inches difference between that and a broken leg.

Preston next then 2 away (Leicester and Ipswich?) I'd target about 7 points in that, if we get that then we have set ourselves up great with 2 home games coming straight after. We can get into the Play-offs this year if we stay injury free and some other results go our way too, not fancying a trip to Loftus road....

Really????

When your membership card comes in get yourself down for some aways.

Will do! Love a good away game, Leeds have the best away support in the Championship. Looking forward to getting a few pre-match pints in the pavillion/Billys bar. MOT all the way to the Prem! cool.gif