The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

I live 5 minutes away from Elland Road and was tempted to head to the game on Saturday but it's £28 for a end of season game against Leicester city which is a joke! :blink:

Going to Sheffield United against Stevenage instead as the tickets were only £10 and United could get promoted if Wednesday fail to win.

Yes good old papa smurf still creaming the money from the fans.

If there are 20000 plus at ER on saturday i will be surprised.

At that price I would be surprised if they managed over 15000, I looked into getting a season ticket at various clubs in Yorkshire and only Huddersfield or Bradford are at a decent price and I'm considering a Bradford one at £200.

Blackburn season tickets are only £160 and it's not far from Leeds by train but depends if they stay up I guess. :unsure: Just needing a regular football fix that dosen't rip me off!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news from ER that KB may well be set to leave:-

Further to our previous statement of the 29th May, Leeds United can confirm they have granted an exclusivity period to enable a potential investor to carry out the appropriate due diligence.

It is anticipated this will be a fairly straightforward process.

A confidentiality clause prevents the club from making any further comment. However, our discussions with them have left us very comfortable that they have the financial resources to support the club and that they will have no issues in satisfying the requirements of the Football League's Owners and Directors Test, unlike many of the previous approaches we have had to endure.

We will not be making any further announcements in the near future.

Our opening game of the season against Wolves will now kick-off at 12.45pm on Saturday August 18 after being selected for live screening by Sky.

Sky Sports have announced their first batch of live matches and our trip to Sheffield Wednesday in October will also be screened live.

The game was due to take place on Saturday October 20, but will now take place on Friday October 19 with a 7.45pm kick-off.

• 2 weeks later...

New away strip from the OS:-

Pre-order yours now...

0,,10273%7E11019771,00.jpgWe are delighted to reveal the new Leeds United Macron away kit and showcase what the team will be wearing on their travels during the 2012/14 season.

The new kit, which has been designed by Macron in conjunction with the club combines technology with classic Italian style and presents the new 'azzurro' steel colour (blue).

The shirt was created integrating a range of different fabrics; the main body is complemented by navy blue flanks in a mesh fabric that define the profile of the shirt and allow maximum breathability. The neck comes in ribknit with under collar contrasting fabric and the year the club was founded, 1919, embroidered on the back.

Pre-order your 2012/14 away kit today

Be the first to get your hands on the new away kit by pre-ordering yours online now by clicking here. Supporters who pre-order online by 5pm on Monday 30 July are guaranteed to receive their shirt on Thursday 2 August. Alternatively the shirt will be on sale at the Elland Road Superstore from 9am on Thursday 2 August.

Sizes and prices

The new Macron 2012/14 away shirt is available in adult sizes Small to 5XL, priced at £40 and junior sizes Small Junior to XL Junior, priced at £36.

Adult away shorts are available in sizes Small to 3XL and are prices at £19 with junior away shorts available in sizes Small Junior to XL Junior, priced at £16.

Adult away socks are available in sizes 7-11 and are priced at £10 and junior away socks are available in sizes 12-2 and 3-6, priced at £8.

Infant and baby away kits are also available priced at £32 for infants and £28 for babies.

Season Ticket Holder and Member discount

Don't forget that Season Ticket Holders and Members receive a 10% discount when purchasing their replica kits from the Elland Road or Online Superstore.

0,,10273%7E11019733,00.jpg

Body fit shirts

Please note that both the new 2012/13 home and 2012/14 away shirts will soon be available in a body fit material. Look out for further information on leedsunited.com over the coming weeks. The Body Fit Shirts will be available in sizes Small - X Large and will be priced at £45.

0,,10273%7E11019732,00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The prices at ER are shocking but that is Uncle Ken for you.

They beat most of the premier league for season ticket prices.

I think only the top 4 in the premier league are dearer than leeds.

Its also gone very quiet on the investment/takeover front as well which is worrying as everyone thought that whoever is interested in coming in would have done so by now.

Jesus. I was hoping to get down to a couple games this year, how much is it on the gate?!

0,,10273%7E11028275,00.jpg

Re Season Ticket prices, you do get £15 discounted against additional tickets purchased. I realise that's not much but it's more than we've had in previous years (bottle opener / pin badge etc).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm down in Leeds at the weekend for the game as I've not seen my older brother in yonks and he invited me down to watch the Leeds - Shrewsbury cup game, since he and a few of his pals were planning to book a hotel in leeds, go watch the football and go for a night out afterward.

Thing is, him and his friends are all Shrewsbury fans, so we'll all be in the away end. 'Mon Shrewsbury :P

My brother says it's only £12 for a ticket in the away end, which is quite good I thought. Hoping for a good time down in Leeds anyway.

My brother says it's only £12 for a ticket in the away end, which is quite good I thought. Hoping for a good time down in Leeds anyway.

Aye, it's reduced prices all round for the game at Elland Road on Saturday. With this latest takeover bid collapsing I can see a few more 'Bates Out' banners being smuggled in.