Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Got a tip in work yesterday on a horse called Lucky Pearl in the 4.05 at Wincanton. Tread carefully though at 5/1 its probably only worth a punt on the win, and aye tips lose too. I've posted one tip on here before and it came second, luckily it was at a price worth backing e/w.

Edited by Lambies_Apprentice

I've backed a few Richard Hughes horses at Wolverhampton tonight as if he's going to have any chance of challenging Hanagan for the jockeys title, he's going to need quite a number of winners between now and the 16th and I fancy him to win a few over that time, especially when aboard Channon horses.

3 weeks on and Hughes has unbelievably narrowed the gap despite that lengthy ban. After his 2 wins today is only the 5 winners behind Hanagan. There's a very interesting night of racing ahead at Wolverhampton as Hanagan has 6 rides and Hughes has 2. I'm backing both of Hughes' rides and hoping for Hanagan to have a nightmare.

Edited to add...Seconds after posting, Hanagan wins his first ride :lol:

Edited by cityfan

3 weeks on and Hughes has unbelievably narrowed the gap despite that lengthy ban. After his 2 wins today is only the 5 winners behind Hanagan. There's a very interesting night of racing ahead at Wolverhampton as Hanagan has 6 rides and Hughes has 2. I'm backing both of Hughes' rides and hoping for Hanagan to have a nightmare.

Edited to add...Seconds after posting, Hanagan wins his first ride :lol:

Hughes won the last @ 11/2, so delighted with that. It was exciting stuff, beating Hanagan's horse by a neck. Hanagan won 2 races tonight, so the gap is 5 wins now, but Hughes has double the amount of rides tomorrow, so will hopefully close the gap a bit. I got on him at 8/1 a month ago, but taken him again at 7/2 for the championship.

Anyway, other than a few singles on Hughes horses tomorrow, I'm also going with the following...

1.40 Osric @ 5/6

2.15 Amber Brook @ 13/8

2.50 Duc De Regniere @ 5/2

3.25 Barbershop @ 4/1

3.25 Wetherby Barbershop

This is my main racing bet of the day, not sure about the rest of my picks tomorrow. Looks like it could be a good day for the layers. There are a couple I like the look of in races not yet priced up.

Edited by Maxriddles

Hurdler Maoi Chinn Tire stunned punters and bookmakers as he landed odds of 200-1 when winning a race at Wetherby.

It was only the third time in 20 years a horse has won at that starting price.

The three-year-old gelding, trained in Staffordshire by Jennie Candlish, was making his hurdles debut and was the outsider of 13 runners.

In second place was the 50-1 chance Meetings Man and the exacta dividend on the Tote for first and second paid £3,616.20 for a £1 stake.

Maoi Chinn Tire has some winning form in the past, with three victories from 21 starts on the flat and had finished in the first three a total of 12 times.

But he was unconsidered by many as he lined up on Friday afternoon under jockey Alan O'Keeffe for his jumping debut in the Weatherbys Bank Wensleydale Juvenile Hurdle.

However, on the online betting exchanges he was matched at a top price of 999-1.

3.25 Wetherby Barbershop

This is my main racing bet of the day, not sure about the rest of my picks tomorrow. Looks like it could be a good day for the layers. There are a couple I like the look of in races not yet priced up.

:angry: Never involved.

No more for me today.

Got a tip today that Arc Warrior carlisle 3.45 is meant to be trying and is a decent each-way chance.its 25/1 at the moment. Think what you like i have stuck a couple of pound on it but. It is a big price so if backing it i wouldnt bet huge. worth a couple of pound each-way.

e/w patent

3.55 Kempton Boldly Go 40/1

4.25 Kempton Below Zero 11/2

4.55 Kempton Florio Vincitore 8/1

2 singles and a double, all e/w

Victory Parade @ 15/2 3:35 Exeter

Fibs And Flannel @ 20/1 3:45 Catterick

e/w lucky 15

3.50 Fontwell

Blantyre 12/1

3.55 Wolverhampton

Nacho Libre 16/1

4.30 Wolverhampton

Top Bid 16/1

4.10 Hexham

Against The Wind 4/1

Also e./w on Flood Plain @ 14/1 tonight in the USA. Buick on board and horse travelled half way round the world for this race. Hopefully something in it.

Nobody watching the Breeders cup then?? unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

No value about my biggest fancy but will have a proper look tomorrow to identify a couple I think are too big. Will be cutting back on the horses until the Jump season proper gets under way. Will be doing a lot more watching than betting for the time being.

Nobody watching the Breeders cup then?? unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

Gone for singles & double on Paco Boy & Workforce tomorrow.

Anyone else got interest in the Jockey Championship tomorrow? I've mentioned a few times on here the bet's I have on Hughes to win and he goes into the last day 2 winners behind Hanagan. He's got a few decent rides tomorrow and the unlikely comeback is still possible, so should be a pretty exciting day of Racing at Doncaster. No matter what happens, I've had a great run for my money!