Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

Racing was delayed at Newbury following an incident in which two horses collapsed and died in the paddock before the first race.

Both Fenix Two and Marching Song mysteriously fell to the ground, with the reasons for their deaths unknown. Some horses had already made it down to the start and there were reports that others had "wobbled" on entering the paddock.

Stipendiary steward Paul Barton said: "We are going to hold an inquiry and interview those connected with the horses. We are not going to use the parade ring for the rest of the meeting. The horses will parade in the pre-parade ring and leave from that point."

He added: "The veterinary team are in charge of whatever precautions as far as the other horses are concerned. They have checked all other horses in this race."

Nicky Henderson, however, was quick to withdraw his runner Kid Cassidy.

Andy Turnell, trainer of Marching Song, said: "It looks like they've been electrocuted. My fellow seemed perfectly all right and I was about to leg him up but he just went straight down."

Jonjo O'Neill, trainer of Fenix Two, said: "Kid Cassidy was in front and he took a turn. We thought he was bucking and kicking and he went down on his knees then he seemed to be OK. Mine reared up and we couldn't get him back, it was like he was stuck to the ground. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life."

There is speculation the horses died from some form of electric shock from a cable running underneath.

Denman's owner Paul Barber was in the paddock and said: "The girl of Turnell's said she felt a tingling as she led them round and then Nicky's horse went down. They were getting the shocks off the grass, not off the tarmac. I've never seen anything quite like that ever."

They actually ran the race involving the horses who were killed/shocked which seems bizarre to me.

Yeah, did see that, most bizarre. Guess was a real state of shock/confusion at the time. I was thinking about going today, glad I never.

New job so unable to bet during day apart from on phone. Could have told you to not touch vwr tonight.

Lucky 15

6.40 Kempton Abigails Angel 3/1

7.10 Kempton Super Frank 6/1

7.40 Kempton Ocean Legend 3/1

8.10 Kempton Ereka 4/1

Quite a few bets today in the hope of incresing the Cheltenham fund.

2.25 Ascot - Ogee

3.35 Ascot - Lough Derg

1.40 Haydock - Local Hero

3.20 Haydock - Le Beau Bai

3.55 Haydock - According to Pete

2.40 Wincanton - Jetnova

3.45 Wincanton - Overturn

4,15 Wincanton - I'm a Legend

None of them backed to particularly big stakes right enough. Had a lot of shorter priced efforts that I liked but would have involved either heavy stakes or doubles/trebles

Good luck Rydo and to the rest of the punters today. Like the rest been working silly hours in my first week of a new job. Was unable to post what I was told about Very Well Red although sure you would have noticed it was a much longer trip then usual for it.

e/w lucky 15

3.25 Lingfield Dvinsky 25/1

4.00 Lingfield Humidor 14/1

4.35 Lingfield Beaubrav 5/1

5.10 Lingfield Benandonner 12/1

e/w lucky 15

2.10 Haydock Lively Baron 9/1

2.25 Ascot Iconoclast 10/1

3.20 Haydock Silver By Nature 9/1

3.35 Ascot Shalone 8/1